News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"New" message indicator in page listing

Started by houtsma, August 22, 2004, 04:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

houtsma

Not that smf should try to copy phpbb but one feature i miss is that in the page
listing (not the topics listing; that's ok) i can not identify where the "new" messages
start. Like phpbb it would be handy to have some indication (for example a highlighted
little icon) of which messages are new within a certain topic (for example like it is done
in the topic list).

Thanks,
Jan

[Unknown]

You can do this in your own template ($message['new']) but my opinion on the matter is that if you really can't honestly tell which posts you've read.... maybe you should be reading them all again, no?

-[Unknown]

houtsma

It's easier to trigger on a new message icon than to re-read message contents to find out
where you were left the previous time. Although jumping by clicking on the New message
icon in the topics list also already helps. This is only handy if you didn't use the New Message
icon in the topics list. I'll try out your suggestion!

Thanks,

--
jan

Vinoth

yes a popup windows like something would be nice, coz i could not find my new message.

Vinoth And Sachin ( SpecHackers Team )
The Best  Way to Help Poor Is not Becoming One Of Them.

[Unknown]

I guess I must say I'm "afflicted" with generally being able to remember things, even many of the recent posts I've made here :P. (I make quite a few...)

It jumps automatically to the post, yes.

-[Unknown]

Amacythe

Quote from: [Unknown] on August 24, 2004, 04:22:44 AM
I guess I must say I'm "afflicted" with generally being able to remember things, even many of the recent posts I've made here :P. (I make quite a few...)

Not all of us are so lucky...

um... what was I saying ?

Oh yeah... I like the idea of having a little icon on new posts IN the thread :)

Advertisement: