News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Search Enhancement Mod

Started by ioszilla, August 12, 2007, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambasador

seems like you havent cloesd the PHP part of the script somewhere, search for that text in your index.template, and make sure there is a '; before it if html was written before.

ioszilla

MadTurki, go have a look in: /Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Remove everything from "//Begin DC SMF Search Text Strings" to "//END DC SMF Search Text Strings"

MadTurki

Thanks a millions...  I was searching through every file I could think of to find it.  All gone now!  Thanks

falguni1

getting error

1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/Search.php     Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Search.template.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.french.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.spanish.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php    Test successful

wot to do.

ioszilla

Modify your index.template.php manually. :)

falguni1

TrueSatan

falguni1

TrueSatan

You need to manually edit the file...the links I gave show you details of how to do installs by manually editing the files.

daragor

hi wordzilla, your mod is great!. i need your help. but my english is poor.

i install the mod in my forum, with the theme overview. work fine! but i have a problem with the search in "this forum" and "in this topic", please see here:

http://www.webscom.com.ar/foro/index.php

and if u can, tell me which is the problem. thx, sorry for my english mate i speak spanish.
Webscom: Wordpress + SMF
Software Libre, Noticias y Entretenimiento.-

ioszilla

Hi daragor,

Perhaps your index.template.php was not properly modified (guess u had to manually modify it since it's not the default theme).

The following code might have been missing in your index.template.php:

// If we're viewing a single topic
if (!empty($context['current_topic']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="acttopic" value="', $context['current_topic'], '" />';

// If we're on a certain board
if (!empty($context['current_board']))
echo '
<input type="hidden" name="actbrd" value="', $context['current_board'], '" />';

jacbier

wordzilla,

Thank you for this mod. It is working perfectly on my forum!

Keep up the great work!

Slack

I get this error when trying to install?

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Search.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Search.template.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.french.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.french.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.spanish.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php    Test successful

briankstan

help,  I installed this mod,   Finally got it added to my custom theme.   I tried a test search and all I get is a blank white screen, no error just a blank white screen.

can someone please help me with this?   I'd appreciate it very much.

here is my info:

I've also attached my index.template.php file and my search.tempalate.php file. 

I think it's the search.template.php file that is causing this.   I replace with an earlier version and the search works, but not the way it should be.   attached is the one that isn't working.

briankstan

just to inform everyone,  I have solved my issues.   apparently it was just some wierd code thing.  I had the code right, but I added it in using Wordpad and it didn't like it.

I was reading through some other topic and saw someone post that.  I downloaded Context and used it to add in the correct functions and now it's working.  great.

this is a great mod.   thanks.

john34516

i get that error

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Search.php    Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed

i try to modify the search.php manually but cant find some things

i upload my search.php to help me if you can

Slack

John34515,

Not sure what other mods you may have installed, this may not work for you.  But I uploaded a fresh Search.php file from the SMF 1.1.4 archive and the search mod installed without an error to that file.

fgoc

Hi,
Have installed this mod - had an error on install with the Shearch.php file so have manually editted this.

After entering a search string clicking the SEARCH button I'm now getting the error

"You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND NOT (t.isSticky = 1 AND t.locked = 1), , COUNT(*) / (t.numRe
File: /xxxx/xxxx.co.uk/www/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 1858"

Any help appreciated! Thanks in advance

fgoc

OK - have also now installed this mod on a fresh 1.1.4 install and have missing drop downs on the advanced search page (as per attached screenshot) The top quicksearch drop down is missing and the 2 on the main search page. Any ideas how to rectify? This happens using IE6, IE7 & Firefox.

index.template & search.template files also attached

Chan Kong-sang

Quote//Begin DC SMF Search Text Strings $txt['specific_topic_id'] = 'Specific topic id'; $txt['search_match_mode'] = 'Match Mode'; $txt['search_match_mode_whole'] = 'Match whole words only - least results, least noise'; $txt['search_match_mode_smart'] = 'Smart matching - balanced'; $txt['search_match_mode_any'] = 'Match any sequence - most results, most noise'; $txt['search_numReplies'] = 'Replies'; $txt['search_match_mode_whole_short'] = 'Match whole words only'; $txt['search_match_mode_smart_short'] = 'Smart matching'; $txt['search_match_mode_any_short'] = 'Match any sequence'; $txt['result_summary'] = 'Show/hide result summary'; $txt['result_generated'] = 'Results generated using '; $txt['zillarank'] = 'ZillaRank'; $txt['search_entireforum'] = 'Entire Forum'; $txt['search_thisbrd'] = 'This board'; $txt['search_thistopic'] = 'This topic'; $txt['search_members'] = 'Members'; $txt['search_entiresite'] = 'Entire Site'; $txt['search_view_all'] = 'View all'; $txt['search_match_criteria'] = 'posts in this topic that match your search criteria'; $txt['search_go_to_top'] = 'Go to Top'; $txt['search_go_to_top_single'] = 'Top'; //END DC SMF Search Text Strings
I'm quite sure this is a bug in the installation... i got it too. You can easily fix it by yourself.

SOLUTION
Open ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
put the ?> at the end of the file (it's above //Begin DC SMF Search Text Strings)

Advertisement: