News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

BlackRainV.2

Started by Crip, August 18, 2007, 01:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crip

Quote from: WRC on August 23, 2007, 12:37:23 PM
Hi crip,

May I use your theme as template for my photo forum? I'll translate to spanish, and I'll modify some buttons.

http://foro.mundofoto.org

Best regards from Spain
WRC

NO!!
BTW - Why is my copyrights removed??

crip~
I have become comfortably numb!

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
   - Abraham Lincoln -

TOTM Winner. | Demo Site1on1 Theme Support

WRC

Excuse me, I'm just testing your theme and how integrate it in my forum.

I plan to translate your theme to spanish, and of course, give you your pertinent "©" in it. I removed your "©" because I'm very very newbie to PHP, and I use yours "as template".

When finish, I'll send you the modified spanish graphics ant text. Maybe you make a release with spanish language in it.

Anyway, It doesn't matter. If you dont want, I'll make no modifications.

Regards
WRC.

wings

Quote from: crip on August 24, 2007, 11:16:14 AM
NO!!

What's the use of a theme if the user can't even change a few buttons or colors, especially if they leave your copyright intact. Rediculous and I'm pretty sure people be willing to make a small financial  contribution to be able to make these small changes, but with your approach nobody is getting better from it.

Crip

'''If'' the Copyright remains intact as is:!important; people may do as they want with most any Theme // financial  contributions is/was/are total B.S.

BTY! Mind your own business winys

- Abraham Lincoln -

Crip

Quote from: WRC on August 26, 2007, 12:54:48 PM
Excuse me, I'm just testing your theme and how integrate it in my forum.

I plan to translate your theme to spanish, and of course, give you your pertinent "©" in it. I removed your "©" because I'm very very newbie to PHP, and I use yours "as template".

When finish, I'll send you the modified spanish graphics ant text. Maybe you make a release with spanish language in it.

Anyway, It doesn't matter. If you dont want, I'll make no modifications.

Regards
WRC.

Please..........
....send me NOTHING?!? -------

- Abraham Lincoln -

wings

Quote from: crip on August 27, 2007, 06:37:08 AMBTY! Mind your own business winys

Yep, you're right, I should mind my own business, one I actually make quite some money with unlike you fool.  :D

Dragooon

Actually wings you are the one acting like quite a idiot here.
Here at SMF we take Copyright matters seriously. You are simple not allowed to remove Themes/Mods Copyright unless -
You are allowed to do so(He is stated that you can)
You have permission from author.
It is simply not there

WRC

Sorry for that, my excuses again, just testing. I'm a newbie and don't want to bother anybody. I'm just looking for a good theme, and yours is a very very good one.

Dragooon, I understand that copyright is a important question. For that reason I have requested permission, although I've failed in the copyright issue for newbie.

Copyright back, sorry again and again and again. My mistake.  :(

Now crip, can I modify your theme (sizes, buttons and some texts) to adapt it to my Spanish forum?

Best regards
WRC

Dragooon

I think you can modify a theme unless you keep the credits/copyright :)

wings

Quote from: Dragooon on August 27, 2007, 09:26:20 AM
Actually wings you are the one acting like quite a idiot here.
Here at SMF we take Copyright matters seriously. You are simple not allowed to remove Themes/Mods Copyright

I wonder who's the idiot, because I never talked one second about removing a copyright.

Crip

Wings,
...listen really good..shut up Now! or I'll have your behind kicked outta here..I know some people you, You big Newbie. :P

- Abraham Lincoln -

Crip

- Abraham Lincoln -

Dragooon

Dont double post! Specially after 2 mins :P

Crip

TP is currently moving servers and is Down,
someone ask via Email for a BRV.2 Download for TP --

Anyone can download the TP Version Here !!

- Abraham Lincoln -

wolfey

Hi, I did install it last week and replaced the name ' blackrain'
with my sites name. After a while it came up with a copyright notice on 2
big white horizontal stripes, ruined the site.  I
didn't remove anything else from the site. The copyright was not touched at the bottom. Was it wrong to change 'Blackrain' name with my site name. Would you please be able to help
and probably you know what the problem was before I try to put BlackRain v.2
on again
Thanks
Al

erlend_sh

Been using BlackRain v1 for a while, and now I just installed v2. Having had a quick look around it's looking very nice, and I'm glad to see you've improved the navigation in the admin-panel (the links were without pictures and were very tight before in BlackRain v1).

However, another thing that used to bother me with BL is still there:
Say if you're going to install a new theme, or you want to upload a package. The white box for the "choose" upload-button doesn't display the text. If I want to doublecheck that I'm uploading the right file, I always have to highlight the text in order to read it.

Just wondering, how easy is it to add an option in the theme settings for
1) Text-colour.
2) Width (+ fixed width option).

I know these are very simple edits, but especially for the text-colour it would be nice if it was possible to quickly change around with text colours just in order to experiment and see what fits your preference, seeing as many different text-colours fit this theme really well.

Edit: Oh, and I would love to see some soft corners, maybe pics more similar to the top navigation, on the BBC buttons. Other than that, I don't think I have anything else to comment on besides how much I'm still loving the Black Rain theme. Great job man!

(oh btw, what caused caused the filesize from v1 to v2 to double? Just curious, not causing any problems).

Lillie

Otherwise a great theme but it's missing a few images like "msntalk.gif" could you please upload the missing images too? :)
If you're afraid of the dark, you've never seen what the light can do.

Scrambled Egg

also, a big no-no in creating websites is that people browsing the site should never have to scroll sideways. Scrolling downwards and upwards is fine, but never sideways. This them requires visitors to always scroll sideways to read what is printed in the right most part of the page. In other words, the page is too wide for the monitor.  This problem should certainly be fixed with this and ALL other themes.

mustangdaren

I am currently using blackrain V1. I would like to change to blackrain V2 but when I do my smf shoutbox does not show up on the forum. What do I need to modify to get it to work on V2?

mickdmouse

Crip,

Great job!  I made a slight change to make the nav links and visited links look like Blakc Rain and it matches my Joomla Carbon07 almost perfectly now.

Thanks again!

Advertisement: