News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Spoiler Tag

Started by Anguz, November 13, 2004, 06:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

URPG

Quote5. upload and install SUPPISING you're using the DEFAULT THEME!

Does suggest it does only work for Default Theme? Why are they so different? I am doing my own themes right now, what would i have to keep unmodified for it to work?

scottws

I'm having trouble getting Spoiler-0.2.3 working on SMF 1.1 RC2.  My problems aren't related to the installation or uninstallation or editing of the mod to make it RC2 compatible.  Rather, I can't even get it unzipped!

I tried the download link on page 9 in this thread, and also the link that appears on the packages page inside my forum's admin section. They will not unzip.

The first link I tried was the Packages link from within SMF's package manager: http://mods.simplemachines.org/downloads/195/Spoiler-0.2.3.tar.gz

I first tried it on my Windows box, with WinRAR (which supports gzip decompression). It said the archive was corrupt. I then tried putting the .tar.gz file on the Linux forum host box, and ran tar -xzf Spoiler-0.2.3.tar.gz.  It gave me this error:

Quotetar: This does not look like a tar archive.
tar: Skipping to the next header.
tar: Child returned status 1.
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

Then, doing ls resulted in just seeing the gzipped tar archive. Then I tried gzip -d Spoiler-0.2.3.tar.gz (I was going to follow with tar -xf Spoiler-0.2.3.tar). I received this error:

Quotegzip: Spoiler-0.2.3.tar.gz: unexpected end of file.

I tried the download from both IE and Firefox with the same results both times.

geezmo

Can somebody prepare a final version for 1.1RC2 ready for download? I think a lot of people here will appreciate that. Thanks.

Gwion

I second that, Geezmo.
Also, thanks Azuregenes but the Fasterparsecode question and if it works with others than the default theme is still a question (at least to me).

Gobo

here u go

this package is ready for rc2 in english only for the other languages just open ur language file and find and replace the 1.1rc1 with 1.1rc2 wherever you find them

http://path-to-peace.net/misc/Spoiler-0.2.3.zip

ill keep this download active until the mod makers fix their link in the download section

Anguz

Gwion, as far as I remember, my Spoiler Tag mod is theme independent. The mess with the posts in this topic is in part caused by another user posting his own mod, with the same name, in my mod's topic. I haven't updated my mods for 1.1 yet because I'm waiting for Final. I hope this reply clears up some things for you.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Vinspire

Quote from: akulion on May 10, 2006, 02:21:37 AM
here u go

this package is ready for rc2 in english only for the other languages just open ur language file and find and replace the 1.1rc1 with 1.1rc2 wherever you find them

ill keep this download active until the mod makers fix their link in the download section

akulion, what i need to do is just make a clean installation by using this file ?

Do i need to install FasterParsecode first ?

http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=39

Gobo

best to my knowledge Vinspire I dont think you need that because on my forum I simply installed this mod without faster parscode and it works just fine

plus if u read the mod description (the one u posted) it says Compatible With:     1.0.6
So I am assuming that is just for SMF 1.0.6

The file I have posted above is for SMF 1.1RC2 only

geezmo

here u go

i've uploaded this and it works well. just one question though, is there really no bbc icon for Spoiler while writing the post? i checked in admin panel and saw that spoiler is activated in the forum but why is there no bbc shortcut icon (like Bold, Italics, Email) in the text box for posts?

scottws

here u go

I tried to install it.  It uploaded from my desktop to my forum just fine.  Applying it did not ask for FTP information (due to Apache being the owner of all the files).  It passed all modification tests.  But clicking on "Install Now" just results in nothing really happening.  It's like the page is loading for an infinite amount of time.

What's going on?

Edit: I'm getting these errors repeating over and over again in the error log:

Quotehttp://*removed*/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=Spoiler-0.2.3.zip
2: feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /var/www/public_html/docs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2107

Quotehttp://*removed*/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install2;package=Spoiler-0.2.3.zip
2: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /var/www/public_html/docs/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2108

scottws

Quote from: mcgrelio on March 11, 2006, 11:04:55 AM
There're 2 Spoiler Tag thread. I think that should be better to merge them or to ock one.

I post here a solution for integrating Spoiler-0.2.3 into SMF 1.1 RC2. It's simple i know, but someone seems to need it.

Once again, one for all: this MOD doesn't work AS IS in SMF 1.1 RC2 but there's a simple hack to get it working in RC2 too.

Download Spoiler-0.2.3.tar.gz

1. unpack and open package-info.xml
2. at line 9 replace <install for="1.1 RC1"> with <install for="1.1 RC2">
3. at line 10 replace <uninstall for="1.1 RC1"> with <uninstall for="1.1 RC2">
4. recreate the tar.gz package or zip the Spoiler dir.
5. upload and install SUPPISING you're using the DEFAULT THEME!

You could have some errors while installing but generally everything works after. You can configure the Spoiler in: Admin > Configuration > Current theme

Following these instructions, I receive this error when trying to install the package:

QuoteInstalling this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/style.css Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Themes.english.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePermissions.english.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Sources/Post.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Post.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.english.php Test failed
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Settings.template.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/classic/style.css Test successful

However it seems to work, though there is a bit of graphical weirdness with the default behavior of hovering on the default theme.  I haven't check the other themes yet, or the other behaviors (click to expand, etc)  I'll see if I can post a screenshot of what I mean.

Edit: Image:

Edit 2: I checked and it looks fine in the Helios theme.

Vinspire

Great mods  ;) ;) ;)

scottws

Great.

I just found out that I'm the only person that can see the spoiler thing.  I'm the only admin.

Vinspire

Quote from: scottws on May 17, 2006, 09:24:58 PM
Great.

I just found out that I'm the only person that can see the spoiler thing.  I'm the only admin.

Check ur membergroup permissions setting ... It is there  ;) ;) ;)

The board setting too ...

scottws

Quote from: Vinspire on May 19, 2006, 03:54:01 AM
Quote from: scottws on May 17, 2006, 09:24:58 PM
Great.

Check ur membergroup permissions setting ... It is there  ;) ;) ;)

The board setting too ...

Yeah, it was a membergroups permission setting issue.

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting the wierd look on the default theme like the image I posted?

Vinspire

Quote from: scottws on May 22, 2006, 10:17:24 AM

Anyone have any idea why I'm getting the wierd look on the default theme like the image I posted?

i cant find the image  :-\

scottws

Quote from: Vinspire on August 07, 2006, 07:40:54 AM
Quote from: scottws on May 22, 2006, 10:17:24 AM

i cant find the image  :-\
Well, it was up there five months ago when I posted it.  I had the image hosted at a site my friend had, but he could no longer afford it and cancelled the hosting service.

So... anyone tested compatibility with SMF 1.1 RC3 yet?

amber333

Is there any plans to make this work for 1.1 RC3?

lumiden

Does it work for 1.1.2?

URPG

LOL i wish it worked with RC3...

Advertisement: