News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

MKportal M 0.2 Released.

Started by luponero, December 03, 2004, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OvermindDL1

Eh? What?
Integration, as in using same DB, same permissions table, same structure, if you look in code, they are about the exact opposite from integrated.  Just because they work together, does not at all mean integrated.

bloc

Well..it was designed to be used with multiple bulletin boards. Not specifically for SMF, even though the developer seems to like SMF very much. ;)

I am sure there will be enhancements to the permission system, the installing process and validation(some has already started). Its a bit unfair to compare it against something which its clearly is not.

I think its a great portal. It cater for many "extras" - many which often needs 2-3 more stand-alone scripts to work. (*shrugs*). Consider you have download section, articles, shoutbox, forum :) , gallery and blog in one package. Its bound to be room for enhancements with so many different things, but thats something the developer is addressing.

And whats with this "non-english" thing? Of course its going to be some italian sentences/words around! He is after all italian, and may not at all times get the correct english out..but then again - thats what other people can help him with.

trenchteam

Quote from: OvermindDL1 on December 17, 2004, 03:26:36 AM
Eh? What?
Integration, as in using same DB, same permissions table, same structure, if you look in code, they are about the exact opposite from integrated.  Just because they work together, does not at all mean integrated.

You idea of integration may be different from others.

integration: the combining and coordinating of separate parts or elements into a unified whole (working together!!!).  Seems to me both SMF and the Portal work Great as single units sharing the databases, permissons table, and structure.   

What is your idea of Integration?  Im not understanding........How much more integrated do you want it?? 

jazz

I'm a little lost with this one.  I followed the directions several times.  When I place the code in subs.php I get the following error.

QuoteParse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/carmmcom/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1594

I'm getting this error message in both the forum and mkportal until I install a clean subs.php file.  Can anyone help me?

trenchteam

What are you using to edit. Stick to notepad.  I would attach the file for you to download, but Im not sure how to do this here.

Jerry

Notepad isn't the best option ;) Other text editors like conTEXT or TextPad are much better.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

OvermindDL1

Quote from: trenchteam on December 17, 2004, 05:56:57 AM
Quote from: OvermindDL1 on December 17, 2004, 03:26:36 AM
Eh? What?

You idea of integration may be different from others.

integration: the combining and coordinating of separate parts or elements into a unified whole (working together!!!).  Seems to me both SMF and the Portal work Great as single units sharing the databases, permissons table, and structure.   

What is your idea of Integration?  Im not understanding........How much more integrated do you want it?? 
Seems similier, but it does not share the DB, it is a seperate product that has something akin to a bridge to interact with a forum's DB, not integrate.

trenchteam

Quote from: Jerry on December 19, 2004, 01:50:08 AM
Notepad isn't the best option ;) Other text editors like conTEXT or TextPad are much better.

Guess Im old school.  I just dont like using Dreamweaver or something of that nature. You always get parse errors from it.

Jerry

Well conTEXT and TextPad are not editors like dreamweaver they are plain text :P and I use DreamWeave to mass edit files(example: like replace T in all these files with A) (php too) no errors :o

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Kindred

Personally, I like EditPlus2 and UltraEdit-32...  they color the code as if they were parsing, which helps you keep track of brackets, etc and can do global replaces in a single file or propagating through the entire directory structure. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

OvermindDL1

Quote from: kindred on December 20, 2004, 08:45:41 AM
Personally, I like EditPlus2 and UltraEdit-32...  they color the code as if they were parsing, which helps you keep track of brackets, etc and can do global replaces in a single file or propagating through the entire directory structure. :)
As does Crimson Editor. :)

hdofu

I can't get the image gallery to work, I gave it the permissions it asked for and it still gives me the same error. :'(

Also, do I have to modify something to get the forum to open as part of the portal
Sometimes confused, offten amused.

Springer

0.4 has been released.

As for forum in portal you have to make an edit on your sources/subs.php

It is in the readme.

Jerry

Quote from: luponero on December 09, 2004, 05:03:28 AM
Don't worry the M04 will be full compliant.
Getting better :) I am having troubles setting the portal name, when you enter something in the name that has ' it adds \' and another everytime you submit. Its not so annoying it does that, but it gets saved in the conf file with ' not ' so they show in the title. I have edited the conf file manually but it still adds the \ :-X

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Rpg Cyco

Quote from: Jerry on January 04, 2005, 07:13:50 PM
Quote from: luponero on December 09, 2004, 05:03:28 AM
Don't worry the M04 will be full compliant.
Getting better :) I am having troubles setting the portal name, when you enter something in the name that has ' it adds \' and another everytime you submit. Its not so annoying it does that, but it gets saved in the conf file with ' not ' so they show in the title. I have edited the conf file manually but it still adds the \ :-X

http://smf.mkportal.it/forum/index.php?topic=89.0

;D

- Rpg Cyco

Jerry

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

FaSan

Mecha Dude

Seems the error log problem is still there.

FaSan

Only for some mod installed. I Wait for fix ;)

Rpg Cyco

I don't get the errors anymore after upgrading to M04.

- Rpg Cyco

Advertisement: