MKportal M 0.2 Released.

Started by luponero, December 03, 2004, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazhawk

Is this the way this portal looks?  With the SMF forum embeded in the middle of the page like that?  http://smf.mkportal.it/forum/index.php?topic=76.0

-Jazhawk

jazz

That's the way it looks with the standard built in theme.  You do have the flexible to open up the forum with the side menu's disabled, and you also have the flexibility to have the forum open in a seperate window.

I did use it for a little while and it worked great.  It didn't have what I was looking for, and I really didn't like the appearance of the forum inside the portal.  So, I went away from it.

Jazhawk

Springer

I prefer to remove the top boxes on the forum theme when viewed within portal.

trenchteam

Well, heres mine. I removed the top boxes if you want to take a look and see the difference.

http://www.shoyoroll.com

Jazhawk

Quote from: trenchteam on January 09, 2005, 05:50:49 PM
Well, heres mine. I removed the top boxes if you want to take a look and see the difference.

http://www.shoyoroll.com

Thanx.  This is a much better look than what I was able to see on the site.   The other problem I see with this portal is that it's not a standard page size.  It is so wide, you get a scroll bar on the bottom of your web browser which is quite annoying, at least it is for me.  But it does look better like this.

-Jazhawk

Jerry

there is an option on it's admin panel to make it a width instead of the full page :) What screen res do you use?

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Jazhawk

Quote from: Jerry on January 10, 2005, 01:51:48 AM
there is an option on it's admin panel to make it a width instead of the full page :) What screen res do you use?

1152x864

-Jazhawk

Jerry

I use 1024x768, thats the only site that I have seen in awhile to make my screen scroll. I believe its that big image in the center. Maybe not though :-X

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

Jazhawk

Quote from: Jerry on January 11, 2005, 12:07:32 AM
I use 1024x768, thats the only site that I have seen in awhile to make my screen scroll. I believe its that big image in the center. Maybe not though :-X

I have a big monitor and even at this resolution I get a scroll bar.

-Jazhawk

Jerry

I know the banner makes my screen scroll for sure. Its a nice banner though :P

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Jazhawk

Quote from: Jerry on January 11, 2005, 12:12:17 AM
I know the banner makes my screen scroll for sure. Its a nice banner though :P

No doubt!

-Jazhawk

Jerry

Thier forums seem to have some errors though.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

Jazhawk

Same as mine.  lol.  I'm trying to get Mambo bridge working and I get this error:

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later

I click then when I click the link to open my SMF forum.  Any help with this? A link?

-Jazhawk

trenchteam

yeah, there are several errors.....but its what you get for messing with a portal still being in the beta stages.  Its great though, and my users love it. 

afterglow

I loved MKPORTAL!! Thought i should let everyone know they already have a new version..
M O.5 which fixes some bugs of the previous versions.

This is my MKPortal-SMF test site.
I'm not yet done with it but you can see the potential of this portal.

regards,
afterglow

Jerry

Quote from: trenchteam on January 11, 2005, 03:31:59 AM
yeah, there are several errors.....but its what you get for messing with a portal still being in the beta stages. Its great though, and my users love it.
looks like a problem with thier forum not the portal :P
Quote from: afterglow on January 11, 2005, 06:47:49 AM
I loved MKPORTAL!! Thought i should let everyone know they already have a new version..
M O.5 which fixes some bugs of the previous versions.

This is my MKPortal-SMF test site.
I'm not yet done with it but you can see the potential of this portal.

regards,
afterglow
nice :)

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

trenchteam

I adjusted the giant banner! LOL....  Didn't realize it was that big till u mentioned it to me.  I was running 1024by768 and it fit perfectly.  well, looks great now.  thanks for the tips.

www.shoyoroll.com for a look! ;)  OUR COMMUNITY IS GETTING HUGE SINCE THE RELEASE OF THE ARCADE! OVER 150 USERS AT ONCE TODAY@!!! AMAZING STUFF! ;) thanks SMF and MKPORTAL!

SoaringUSAEagle

Quote from: trenchteam on January 12, 2005, 06:34:40 AM
I adjusted the giant banner! LOL....  Didn't realize it was that big till u mentioned it to me.  I was running 1024by768 and it fit perfectly.  well, looks great now.  thanks for the tips.

www.shoyoroll.com for a look! ;)  OUR COMMUNITY IS GETTING HUGE SINCE THE RELEASE OF THE ARCADE! OVER 150 USERS AT ONCE TODAY@!!! AMAZING STUFF! ;) thanks SMF and MKPORTAL!

Notice: Constant IN_MKP already defined in /home/shoyorol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1276

Notice: Constant DBPREFIX already defined in /home/shoyorol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1277

Warning: array_key_exists(): The second argument should be either an array or an object in /home/shoyorol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1345

An Error Has Occurred!
2: array_key_exists(): The second argument should be either an array or an object 

Back

Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/shoyorol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1874

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/shoyorol/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 1876

Just noticed some errors when I visted the forum.

gfpk2

Looks pretty, good job

One question about the news system, in all portals I´m looking, the portal news are topics of the same forum, can be changed this feature? I explain, if I want, could be show at portal, for example, one topic of forum A, three topics of forum B, etc... the topics I choose, like other portal/mod systems in other forum scripts, invision, phpbb, vb, etc.

Sorry about my english.

Thanks, ;D

Advertisement: