News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anglis

Quote from: 青山 素子 on November 20, 2010, 01:46:24 PM
Do you have any other registration modifications installed? What version of SMF?

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response,

I've got SMF 1.1.12 installed.

Nop I don't have any other registration mod installed. Just using the standard one with hardest visual verification image - but still bots are spamming my forum an really need the solution.

Anglis

青山 素子

Quote from: Anglis on November 20, 2010, 06:45:29 PM
Anyone else?

Patience, I was out at the doctor's office this morning.

I unfortunately, am down a testing server (electrical work at the building where my servers are), so I can't easily test against a clean 1.1.12 install. You can try to manually install the modification on that file.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Anglis

Okay I can try that! But...

Quote- Support for built-in reCAPTCHA themes
Well I am using BlueSkies theme not sure if that theme will support it?

Thanks again,

青山 素子

reCAPTCHA themes are different. As long as the custom theme doesn't have its own registration template it would use the default one, which has the correct changes.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Neo_TE

i would like to inform the mod author that reCAPTCHA verification fails when this mod is used in conjunction with Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles. :(

i.e.
when a user enters the wrong reCAPTCHA code in the 1st attempt, a redirect is being made to the registration page.

but the user is able to continue with registration in the 2nd & further attempts even with wrong reCAPTCHA code (provided the user had entered the correct answer to the challenge in the Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles).

青山 素子

I'll see what I can do to improve the interaction, but depending on how the other modification is coded, this may not be possible.

Edit: Now that my servers are back up, I have filed a bug in the tracker. I'll look into this as soon as I get time.
Motoko-chan

gouri

Quote from: Fiery on November 04, 2010, 03:20:22 AM
I hope the mod author doesnt mind... I have attached a version that works with RC4.  All I did was change the package-info.xml file and it works great on my site.

This is working fine. Thanks.

Anglis

Installed package, then uploaded my manually edited Register.template.php, but when someone tries to log in they get this message:

Template Parse Error!

It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

Mmm... okay I'll keep experimenting.

青山 素子

Looks like you make a mistake in the template somewhere. I'd offer to help do it manually, but I barely have time to make this post right now.
Motoko-chan

j3cubcapt

I'm having the same problem as this member with a failed test of the Register.template.php.
I'm using a SlickPro theme, and I do not think I have any other mods that are conflicting.
I have attached a copy of the file for review...
Is there any paid support available?
Thanks
Will
Dallas Tx USA

Quote from: Anglis on November 20, 2010, 01:42:36 PM
When I am trying to apply this mod it Fails on:

./Themes/default/Register.template.php    Test failed

Any idea why would that be?

Also I am using a different language on it if that makes any difference.

societyofrobots

Quote from: Neo_TE on November 21, 2010, 03:21:54 PM
i would like to inform the mod author that reCAPTCHA verification fails when this mod is used in conjunction with Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles. :(

i.e.
when a user enters the wrong reCAPTCHA code in the 1st attempt, a redirect is being made to the registration page.

but the user is able to continue with registration in the 2nd & further attempts even with wrong reCAPTCHA code (provided the user had entered the correct answer to the challenge in the Anti-Bot Registration Puzzles).
青山 素子, any luck with this?

j3cubcapt

Can anyone please help with my attached file in the post above?
Thanks
Will

Quote from: j3cubcapt on November 30, 2010, 11:38:16 PM
I'm having the same problem as this member with a failed test of the Register.template.php.
I'm using a SlickPro theme, and I do not think I have any other mods that are conflicting.
I have attached a copy of the file for review...
Thanks
Will
Dallas Tx USA

Quote from: Anglis on November 20, 2010, 01:42:36 PM
When I am trying to apply this mod it Fails on:

./Themes/default/Register.template.php    Test failed

Any idea why would that be?

Also I am using a different language on it if that makes any difference.

青山 素子

Quote from: j3cubcapt on November 30, 2010, 11:38:16 PM

Not from me at this time. My primary employment is fairly hectic right now so I wouldn't have time to schedule anyway.

Quote from: societyofrobots on December 06, 2010, 09:49:47 PM
青山 素子, any luck with this?

I have not had time to review the issue in depth yet. I hope to once the office where I work closes for the holidays (December 20 is the start of the break).

Quote from: j3cubcapt on December 06, 2010, 10:19:32 PM
Can anyone please help with my attached file in the post above?
Thanks
Will

If I find time, I will try. If someone else wants to before then, they are welcome to.
Motoko-chan

Kellerassel

hello

i use smf 1.1.12 and i have a problem. when a user want to registrate he get this error  Could not open socket

is it a problem with the mod or a server problem?

Anglis

Quote from: 青山 素子 on November 23, 2010, 07:07:49 PM
Looks like you make a mistake in the template somewhere. I'd offer to help do it manually, but I barely have time to make this post right now.
Not to worry, I will give it another go this weekend.

demonoid

Would someone be so kind to give me IPs which one must be set on hosting as allowed for outgoing connection (the ones that recaptcha uses).

I now recive an "could not open socket" message, so after reading this forum means for me that I must allow some IPs in outgoing manager on my hosting.

Can someone please help with these ips?

Thank you very much.

demonoid

青山 素子

Quote from: Kellerassel on December 08, 2010, 03:40:54 PM
i use smf 1.1.12 and i have a problem. when a user want to registrate he get this error  Could not open socket
is it a problem with the mod or a server problem?

Server issue. The host needs to allow outbound connections to external HTTP servers.

Quote from: demonoid on December 09, 2010, 10:26:29 AM
Would someone be so kind to give me IPs which one must be set on hosting as allowed for outgoing connection (the ones that recaptcha uses).

I now recive an "could not open socket" message, so after reading this forum means for me that I must allow some IPs in outgoing manager on my hosting.

Can someone please help with these ips?

Thank you very much.

You'll have to open a lot of IPs. The reCAPTCHA process needs to contact www.google.com for API access. The older API might use a different host. You can check the top of recaptchalib.php for the URLs that the server needs to contact.

Note: This is why SMF doesn't have this service built in. People would blame SMF for issues with hosts blocking access.
Motoko-chan

demonoid

Thanks. I turned off outgoing manager in my hosting plan and reCAPTCHA worked nicely.

Advertisement: