News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brosville

many thanks - I'll give it a go! 8)

brosville

"Check the language string files. You might have had an empty line near the bottom, and the installation stuck all the PHP code after the close of the PHP block, making those lines display. You can fix this by moving the "?>" to the very end of the file" - sorry, I'm not proficient in this sort of thing at all - which files do I look at? - Have looked through the gazillions of files on the server and haven't the first clue where to start.........all /I want to do is remove the code mentioned before - where do I look for it?

青山 素子

Quote from: brosville on February 20, 2012, 03:55:28 PM
many thanks - I'll give it a go! 8)

From my local repo (this code will be in the next release when I get a chance):

index.css:

Find:
    .centertext #recaptcha_table

Replace with:
    #recaptcha_area, #recaptcha_table

Find (inside that rule block):
    margin: 0 auto !important;

Replace with:
    margin-left: auto !important;
    margin-right: auto !important;

Quote from: brosville on February 20, 2012, 06:05:25 PM
all /I want to do is remove the code mentioned before - where do I look for it?

Modifications.english.php
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

brosville

Many thanks - that saved me hours of looking for it - worked perfectly  - much appreciated!

FrizzleFried

reCAPTCHA seems to be working for me... but I am getting the following error:

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://aha-forums.com/index.php?action=register
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: recaptcha_enabled
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/ahaforum/public_html/Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (registration_form sub template - eval?)
Line: 307
Any suggestions?  Thanks!

DeathSign

If you get
Quote8: Undefined index: recaptcha_enabled
File: /Themes/default/GenericControls.template.php (registration_form sub template - eval?)
Line: 307

It is easy to get rid of it by enabling then disabling the mod.

(Admin -> Security and Moderation -> Anti-Spam -> Use reCAPTCHA Verification System)

Iomega0318

So I noticed when selecting a color theme, at least on my forum it shows the captcha to the left side of the page and not centered.. when I switch it back to clean it works as intended.. any ideas?
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

青山 素子

It's an issue with the theme code reCAPTCHA uses. There are ways to work around it, but I haven't had time to manage any updates.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Iomega0318

Quote from: 青山 素子 on May 26, 2012, 07:11:03 PM
It's an issue with the theme code reCAPTCHA uses. There are ways to work around it, but I haven't had time to manage any updates.
Ahh ok, just as long as I know it's not something I broke lol.
UOFreeshards.net
UOFreeshards.net 2.1 Aplha Test Site
"I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun...
not because I see it but because by it I see everything else."
C.S. Lewis

Heed what I say, for it shall be mentioned only once.

abhi

I'm using smf 2.0.2 and recaptcha 0.9.8a. I got the api and me used but when i tried that with wrong captcha fully and partially it allowing register. The membersalso says they can post without entering correct captcha. No problem with the default, please help me

abhirupmanna

I'm getting this error. Should I go ahead with the installation ? Will it work ?
" When there is a will there is a way. If there is no way make one "

Please do read my blog
I would love to hear your comments.

Touchline Reporter : for the hardcore soccer fans

Quarks

Quote from: Steveiwonder on August 13, 2011, 07:50:03 PM
Cannot get keys...
Get your reCAPTCHA key here. link is dead...

Not Found
Error 404

http://recaptcha.net/api/getkey?app=recaptcha_for_smf

Anyone got any idea?

Quote from: 青山 素子 on August 13, 2011, 10:57:50 PM
Steveiwonder, use the newest version of the modification, which has the updated URL for getting keys. Heck, just going to "http://recaptcha.net/" will take you to the main page for the service, where you can register for a key pair.

If you're really lazy, just use this link directly: https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create

I Cannot get keys.
Get your reCAPTCHA key here. link is still dead
http://recaptcha.net/api/getkey?app=recaptcha_for_smf
Not Found
Error 404

Both of of those above links brute force me to signup for Google Accounts I do not want to signup for Google Accounts.
Please provide altenative way to get  reCAPTCHA key.

青山 素子

Quote from: Quarks on September 24, 2012, 02:17:20 PM
I Cannot get keys.

Both of of those above links brute force me to signup for Google Accounts I do not want to signup for Google Accounts.
Please provide altenative way to get  reCAPTCHA key.

There is no way. Google owns/operates the service and is now requiring that a Google account be used for the service:

reCAPTCHA is now part of Google. In order to use it, you must create a new Google Account or sign in with an existing Google Account.

If you are a previous user of reCAPTCHA, you can migrate your old account after signing in with a Google Account.

I cannot control what Google decides to do with their property.
Motoko-chan

replay

the recaptcha mod  comes back as not compatable with the new version of smf...whys this

青山 素子

Quote from: replay on October 16, 2012, 03:53:24 AM
the recaptcha mod  comes back as not compatable with the new version of smf...whys this

I have not had a chance to review and update it. You can use version emulation to install it and it should work cleanly.

Please note that reCAPTCHA has been compromised by human-backed solving services for some years. You should look into SMF 2's built-in question/answer system for more secure anti-spam measures.
Motoko-chan

stang7043

Hi I came across this mod in hopes it would help us with our spam issues. I went to install it and initially failed the test install. We are running a custom theme. Is this something I should be concerned with and not install the mod ? Thanks in advance.

1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Register.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Register.template.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Skipping file
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php    Skipping file
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php    Skipping file
8.    Extract File    ./Sources/recaptchalib.php 

青山 素子

stang7043, if your custom theme has a Register.template.php in it, you will need to make the changes to that file manually to properly install the modification.

If you are using SMF 2, the built-in question/answer system offers much better spam-prevention than reCAPTCHA does.
Motoko-chan

stang7043

Thank you sir. Thats kinda what I figured. Just wanted to make sure from the experts. We are using SMF 1.1.16.

stonki

Hello,

we have the problem that it's not working with the latest version of Google chrome. Its appears blank:
https://forums.proftpd.org/smf/index.php?action=register

any idea?

Howard43Willard

So its doing something for a worthy cause at the same time.

Advertisement: