reCAPTCHA for SMF

Started by 青山 素子, December 28, 2007, 12:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lum-chan

Thanks for providing the update for reCAPTCHA.

The newone works without any problems (no errormessages, but I had to re-issue the keys). The only thing that bothers me is the used language (on my machine tested only) in the reCAPTCH image. It shows as Japanese characters. As I'm using the dutch language on my site, this will be confusing to those who are not able to read Japanese.

Any reason for this?

I'm using Firefox 24.8.1ESR (EN-US). The forum runs on SMF 2.0.10.

[edit]
Tested again but with IE 8.0. It show the images with the correct used forum-language (Dutch)
Can't figure out why Firefox wants to display this in Japanese, tho
[/edit]
Lum-chan

Kanman

It seems google identify your firefox as Japanese.
What's your computer language set up? Did you set your google account to Japanese?
Maybe your browser is set-up to go through a proxy?

I do have an Dutch 2.0.10 and browsing with Firefox 39.0(NL)

Have you received complains about this from users?

Lum-chan

@KanMan: My computer is using the EN-US language (I'm Dutch but I always use Software in English).
No proxy is used in Firefox and the default language in Google is shown as English (all pages are shown in English too).
I have received no complains from users yet.

As a test I disabled all extensions and plugins in Firefox, but this didn't help (cleaned the cache too, in case of)

In Firefox, enable of disable geo.enabled and restarting doesn't help

http://www.passat35i-forum.nl/forum/index.php?action=register

[edit]
Problem Solved!

I removed this in Firefox:
Options -> Content -> Choose your preferred language for displaying pages -> Japanese [jpn]

This was all my own fault, but might be helpful to other people
[edit]
Lum-chan

青山 素子

Yeah, looks like your browser was sending "ja" as the preferred language. reCAPTCHA itself handles the language for display, this modification doesn't try to override the autodetect.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

RE3A

Quote from: 青山 素子 on July 15, 2015, 02:34:34 PM
Yeah, looks like your browser was sending "ja" as the preferred language. reCAPTCHA itself handles the language for display, this modification doesn't try to override the autodetect.
Hi 青山 素子!
Love the mod, looks perfect and for me everything works great, but I have a problem with my mobile template.
The mod looks 10/10 in my full site for PC but does not show in mobile version. When I install the mod I have an error message (attachment called "1a").
And the 2 advices for smf4mobile are the next "2a" and "3a".
I dont have in my .php the code of third image when I have to add: }
Myabe this is the problem but I do not have any idea about web design  :'(

Could you help me with this? I know this is not a mod problem, is about my mobile version template but I appreciate your help. Thank you for all!

If you want to test my site is mencouture.com

wanashen

hey im trying to setup recaptcha on my site but i have a problem

i installed recaptcha and added the codes in settings but when i disable the normal verification methods from smf recaptcha is disabled too

青山 素子

You need to leave visual verification turned on. When the modification is installed, it replaces the built-in system.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

wanashen

Quote from: 青山 素子 on September 16, 2015, 09:08:54 PM
You need to leave visual verification turned on. When the modification is installed, it replaces the built-in system.

The letters you typed don't match the letters that were shown in the picture.

is now the error messsage when i try to register

青山 素子

Odd. I can't reproduce. Please make sure the codes you entered are correct and there are no spaces before or after them. Also, make sure they are for the correct domain.
Motoko-chan

wanashen

Quote from: 青山 素子 on September 17, 2015, 01:50:52 AM
Odd. I can't reproduce. Please make sure the codes you entered are correct and there are no spaces before or after them. Also, make sure they are for the correct domain.

the codes are correct, no spaces and correct domain but i think the old verification code is somewhere in the background ....its the same error message that i see on this page when the code is incorrect

wanashen

im using the redsy theme ...if thats important

青山 素子

Potentially. Does it work on the default theme?

Sorry for the slow response, dealing with some family/medical things.
Motoko-chan

wanashen

青山 素子

Quote from: wanashen on September 18, 2015, 09:49:52 PM
nope same error ;(

Hmmm. Send me a PM and as soon as I have a chance I'll see what I can do to help you with the issue.
Motoko-chan

wanashen

Quote from: 青山 素子 on September 20, 2015, 12:37:54 AM
Quote from: wanashen on September 18, 2015, 09:49:52 PM
nope same error ;(

Hmmm. Send me a PM and as soon as I have a chance I'll see what I can do to help you with the issue.

reinstalled the forum > installed recaptcha > enabled recaptcha > insert google codes > same error  :'(

Nytwyng

Quote from: wanashen on September 17, 2015, 02:29:51 AM
Quote from: 青山 素子 on September 17, 2015, 01:50:52 AM

the codes are correct, no spaces and correct domain but i think the old verification code is somewhere in the background ....its the same error message that i see on this page when the code is incorrect

For what it's worth, I'm having the same issue, myself.

Starz0r

Not a huge problem

http://puu.sh/kPNLv/5298c9fb1d.png

But the alignment is completely off, I hope you can fix it eventually though.

Other than that, this mod has been completely useful in catching harmful spam bots (even though my questions are secure to my community)

青山 素子

Quote from: Starz0r on October 19, 2015, 08:34:55 AM

Looks like a custom theme. You'll need to add the following CSS to your theme's stylesheet:

.g-recaptcha div div
{
margin: auto;
}
Motoko-chan

Starz0r

Quote from: 青山 素子 on October 19, 2015, 11:24:25 PM
Quote from: Starz0r on October 19, 2015, 08:34:55 AM

Looks like a custom theme. You'll need to add the following CSS to your theme's stylesheet:

.g-recaptcha div div
{
margin: auto;
}

This didn't seem to fix it, it also broke my quick login modal button :(

rtil

Quote from: wanashen on September 16, 2015, 09:58:57 PM
Quote from: 青山 素子 on September 16, 2015, 09:08:54 PM

is now the error messsage when i try to register

just chiming in to say that my forum is now also throwing this error. recaptcha used to work but now it does this instead. http://www.thebackalleys.com/forum/register/

Advertisement: