News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

BoardHover Mod

Started by butchs, January 28, 2008, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportin3

I am new to this but I have a question.
Does anyone have a problem with the fact that this mod adds a copyright that is not only a copyright but a link to an active forum that has nothing to do with smf or mods?

I know that I am going to get mixed responses on this one so I will step up and answer a few on the front end. I did uninstall the mod because I do have a problem with that. I also believe that the authors should get credit but I do not like the fact that he is using the bottom of my forum for link backs.

I have seen some comments from the SMF staff that agrees with this as well. I am not trying to start any trouble and I hope that some day I can contribute good mods like this one. I just know that until it was brought to my attention, I never looked at the bottom of my page. I'm just passing on information and each of you can decide what to do.

Thanks for the mods.

butchs

Many mods and themes do the same.  It is funny some love the mod and others do not.  Sorry...  But if you want to edit it, all you had to do is ask.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

New version released today for SMF 2.0 RC2.  Add member list hover and tableless linktree hover.

Attached is a screen shot of the linktree hover.

Due to all the changes in SMF this version was a total re-write.  I tested it the best I can for several months.  Please let me know if there are any bugs.

I did everything I can to make this code as fast as possible.  I hope you like it???

Do not forget to refresh your browser after installation.   ;)
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

butchs

A bug fix was released today.  There was an undefined variable error that I missed in testing that went nuts on the error log.  Sorry about that, but now it is fixed.  While I was at it I cleaned up some code for freeing memory.  8)

butchs

The latest feature added to boardhover is the tableless hover linktree.  I have been playing with this for years now and the code was way too long.  So one day I decided to write a linktree generator and eliminated many lines of code.

If you manually install the mod all you will need to do is copy the code in the "linktree-2RC2.xml" file and add the first "OPERATION" in "modification-2RC2.xml".

The data you will want to change to match your theme is in the "index.css" file.  Search for "Start of linktree" to find it.  The css file is structured as follows:

.linktree_border? *
  • The border is the container for the whole linktree.  This was streamlined for several browsers so the hovers are loosely contained in the border depending on your browser.  The border is numbered from 0-3.

.linktree_b
  • This is the place holder that allows two linktree elements to fit into a row.

.linktree_? *
  • This is the default linktree item before the mouse is placed over it.  Change the background here to change the linktree colors in rest.  You will notice that there are 7 of these and the colors typically alternate.  The last one is for the moderator.  The second from the last if for either the moderator or is a normal resting element.  The first one is specific for a single hover like the forum name.

.linktree_?_hover:hover, .linktree_?_hoverHover *
  • This is the default linktree hover item after the mouse is placed over it.  The numbers match the items at rest.  Change the background here to change the linktree colors in on mouseover.  You will notice that there are 6 of these and the colors typically alternate.  The last one is for the moderator.  The last one is for either the moderator or is a normal resting element.

* NOTE: ? denotes a number that will change.

The elements can be expandable to infinity.  But currently the mod goes 6 deep.  There are some changes that can be made to allow it to go deeper but as far as I understand most forums do not.

I hope this helps.

butchs

One final note.  That is text size.  Changing the text size is a pain in the neck.  You have to change the "height" in the border and placeholder elements and change the "line-height" in the rest and hover elements.  This will vary from browser to browser and is a pain in the neck to get right.  You have been warned, change text at your own risk.   :o

gwuix2

Installed!

1 question, I liked more the old linktree, is there an easy way to change that back? ( maybe the next version could include an option for this :) )

thx

butchs

I was wondering if people would want to do that but I was not sure.  I was thinking about adding a check box.  But for now try the attached.  If it works I will add it to the mod section.

You will need to uninstall and delete the old version, then install this one, clear cache and refresh your browser.  The "wo" on the end of the file stands for "wit out" that is Philly speak for with out.  Good to know if you want to order a steak at Pats and do not like cheese wiz.  :)

By the way I can only help people with the latest public version of 2 SMF RC2 since that is what I have loaded on my test forum...

attachment was moved...

gwuix2

Thank you for the fast reply. _wo installed!

butchs

New revision today.  I finally worked out how to change the text color on mouseover.  Thanks for the request Jorgden.

Instead of changing the text in the admin section I did it in css.  Changing it in the admin section will slow things down a little and I like speed.  The default text color is green for normal items and bold red for admin/ moderator items. 

Therefore to edit the text colors during hover you will need to edit the default/css/index.css file.

You can search the file for "hover background & text colors" and "Linktree hover text colors" if you install the linktree.

For example if I wanted to change the text color of a sticky during hover from green to blue I will search for...
Quote/* Boardhover hover background & text colors. */
.stickybg2_hover:hover,.stickybg2_hoverHover
{
   color: green;
   background: #decec9;
}
.stickybg2_hover:hover a, .stickybg2_hoverHover a, td.subject.stickybg2.stickybg2_hover:hover, td.subject.stickybg2.stickybg2_hoverHover, td.lastpost.stickybg2.stickybg2_hover:hover, td.lastpost.stickybg2.stickybg2_hoverHover
{
}

and replace it with...
Quote/* Boardhover hover background & text colors. */
.stickybg2_hover:hover,.stickybg2_hoverHover
{
   color: blue;
   background: #decec9;
}
.stickybg2_hover:hover a, .stickybg2_hoverHover a, td.subject.stickybg2.stickybg2_hover:hover, td.subject.stickybg2.stickybg2_hoverHover, td.lastpost.stickybg2.stickybg2_hover:hover, td.lastpost.stickybg2.stickybg2_hoverHover
{
}

if I wanted to change the default linktree hover text from green to blue I will search for...
Quote/* Linktree hover text colors. */
div.linktree_0.linktree_0_hover:hover a, div.linktree_0.linktree_0_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_1.linktree_1_hover:hover a, div.linktree_1.linktree_1_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_2.linktree_2_hover:hover a, div.linktree_2.linktree_2_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_3.linktree_3_hover:hover a, div.linktree_3.linktree_3_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_4.linktree_4_hover:hover a, div.linktree_4.linktree_4_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_5.linktree_5_hover:hover a, div.linktree_5.linktree_5_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_6.linktree_6_hover:hover a, div.linktree_6.linktree_6_hoverHover a
{
}

and replace with..
Quote/* Linktree hover text colors. */
div.linktree_0.linktree_0_hover:hover a, div.linktree_0.linktree_0_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_1.linktree_1_hover:hover a, div.linktree_1.linktree_1_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_2.linktree_2_hover:hover a, div.linktree_2.linktree_2_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_3.linktree_3_hover:hover a, div.linktree_3.linktree_3_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_4.linktree_4_hover:hover a, div.linktree_4.linktree_4_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_5.linktree_5_hover:hover a, div.linktree_5.linktree_5_hoverHover a
{
}
div.linktree_6.linktree_6_hover:hover a, div.linktree_6.linktree_6_hoverHover a
{
}

Unless there is a bug I am done making changes for a while.  :)

butchs

Bug fix was released today.  It was discovered with some SMF installations that manually installed the mod that the board and child board did not link during hover.  This bug was fixed.

If the mod works with version 1.5.2 you do not need this update!

Vyache

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing this thing because it cannot find most of the syntax. I have many packages installed that are conflicting with this mod.

Successes for the following!
./Themes/default/index.template.php    
./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php

If I look through all the rest that don't work. I'd have to move a lot of syntax around.

Possible fix please?
Thank You!

AjaxChat - SMF 2.0 RC2 Edition Download.
mrtrc266 ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

butchs

I can only guess at the issue since the information is limited.

With older versions of SMF like 1.1.10 the amount of code changed is much larger than 2 RC2.  I found it best to install boardhover among the first several mods to minimize conflict.

There are several mods that use the same code.  For those mods a manual install of the smallest one will be the easiest.

butchs

So Vyache did I answer your question?

butchs

Here is a little tip.

If you want to remove the linktree from the first page where you have the tableless hover linktree option installed.

in Index.template.php search for:

echo '
<div class="navigate_section">
<ul>';

replace with:
// Remove the linktree from the first page.
if ($myCtr == 1)
return;

echo '
<div class="navigate_section">
<ul>';

Attached is a quickie mod.  This change will not work work if you do not have the hover linktree installed.
;D

butchs

It seems that several people have requested support in this thread but have provided insufficient information.  If you have a question, please provide the following information:

1.  SMF version.
2.  Boardhover version.
3.  Theme version.
4.  List of other mods that are installed.
5.  List of errors in error log (if any).
6.  Show changes you have made to the theme (if any)

If you do not provide the above it is virtually impossible for me to know what you are asking.

butchs

I have been working on an update where the linktree hover can be enabled and disabled via settings.  I am working on adding code that will turn off the linktree on the front page with or without hover.

Now that I have settings I will need some help with translations.  If anyone knows how to translate a specific language please feel free to translate the following in your language of choice:

Modifications.english.php:
$txt['boardhover'] = 'BoardHover';
$txt['linktree_hover'] = 'Adjust the Linktree settings';
$txt['enable_linktree_hover'] = 'Enable navigation tree hover for all users:';
$txt['disable_linktree_first_page'] = 'Remove navigation tree from front page:';

I expect to be done Jan 1st.
:o

Bugo

After installing the mod no longer display pop-up messages on the new personal messages. Experimentally found out that the blame for this line:
<body onload="PreloadFlag = true;">

After returning to the form:
<body>
all to work, how to, pop-up back.

butchs

I need that with the first version for IE and have not looked at it since.  Turning it off may remove support for some browsers.  Can you please give me more info so I can find a solution that will work with everything?

1. What is your SMF version?
2.  Are you using a pop up mod or the SMF popup.
3.  What other mods do you have installed?
4.  Please give me a brief description on what you do so I can duplicate what you did?  ;)

I am done testing a faster and improved version for multiple languages and etc and will hold back on release until this issue is resolved.   8)

Oh, I noticed you know Russian?  I tried a translation today for a section and I am not sure it is good.  This is what I did:
BoardHover = 'ДоскаПлавать'
Adjust the Linktree settings = 'Приводить в порядок грамматический определенный член Звено дерево музыка на слова'
Enable navigation tree hover for all users: = 'Поверните на дереве плавать:';
'Remove navigation tree from front page: = 'Вычеркивать дерево от титульный лист:'

Close?  8) :o

Bugo

Quote from: butchs on December 31, 2009, 08:34:14 PM
1. What is your SMF version?
2.  Are you using a pop up mod or the SMF popup.
3.  What other mods do you have installed?
4.  Please give me a brief description on what you do so I can duplicate what you did?  ;)
1. SMF 2.0 RC2
2. No
3. There are many, but none of them does not affect the pop-up
4. Pop-ups on new personal messages stopped appearing immediately after installing your mod. The whole problem was solved when I removed the line:
onload="PreloadFlag = true;"
from the tag body. After that, everything was working normally — in Firefox (3.5.6), and in Opera (10.x), and in Google Chrome (4.x), and IE (8.0).

Quote from: butchs on December 31, 2009, 08:34:14 PM
I am done testing a faster and improved version for multiple languages and etc and will hold back on release until this issue is resolved.   8)

Oh, I noticed you know Russian?  I tried a translation today for a section and I am not sure it is good.  This is what I did:
BoardHover = 'ДоскаПлавать'
Adjust the Linktree settings = 'Приводить в порядок грамматический определенный член Звено дерево музыка на слова'
Enable navigation tree hover for all users: = 'Поверните на дереве плавать:';
'Remove navigation tree from front page: = 'Вычеркивать дерево от титульный лист:'

Close?  8) :o
BoardHover = 'BoardHover' (better and leave)
Adjust the Linktree settings = 'Регулировка установок дерева ссылок'
Enable navigation tree hover for all users: = 'Включить подсветку навигации для всех пользователей:';
'Remove navigation tree from front page: = 'Удалить дерево навигации с титульной страницы:'

Advertisement: