News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Color Theme 1

Started by Jesse Shaw, December 27, 2004, 10:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse Shaw

Link to Mod

This is a style.css file that gives a rather colorful theme to your message board. It is NOT a complete theme. It's just a color scheme. This is my first attempt at altering the theme of this message board but I noticed that there are no color themes available. I figured I would start off the color theme design downloads. Just as an example of the color scheme I used, visit http://www.blacklaceband.com/bbs2 . I've made many changes to my board, not just the colors and its a private board so don't bother applying. If your not sure how to install it then please PM me.
Jesse

bloc

First off - why do you post it as a mod...? It really is just a change of color, and would equally fit in a theme? (or just posted in this forum ) It would be great if you could make it into a real theme too, themes are always welcome!  ;D

As of now, the colors are nice - but applied to the default theme ( short of an dedicated theme) it really needs different buttons in my opinion. In fact it looks somwwhat better applied to the classic theme.

Jesse Shaw

It's obviously not a fully custom theme so therefor how can I post it as anything other than just a mod? I'm supprised that no one has made different color schemes already. I might  create a complete theme in the future but for now I think its nice to have completed color options available for download. I changed its explination to include that its not a complete theme.
Jesse

bloc

There ARE color-schemes - but they are for a spesific themes. Look at the Aquamania theme for instance, lots of color combinations there.

As for a theme...in fact - to call it a theme you can just include index.php(a copy from default), index.template.php( another copy) and style.css(your own). Perhaps also buttons( a "images" folder - also maybe a copy, but not necessary).

That would make up a theme really. But as I said in last post, colors/images really go together as a whole so if you can make some matching buttons it would be awesome. :)

Regarding the mod thing, its not that important , no. ;)

Anguz

Themes can be packaged, even if just a style.css, but do package it if you'll put it in the mod site. I believe themes and smilies or avatars packages will have their own area that's separate from the mods one, but am not sure. In the meantime, it'd be probably good to do this in the Graphics/Templates  board.
Cristián Lávaque http://cristianlavaque.com

Jesse Shaw

Yes, custom buttons would be nice but I just don't have the time to create all those buttons. At least not at the moment. I welcome anyone to create them themselves. I might use them on my board if they fit the color scheme I use. If anyone creates custom buttons and/or position layout then I will package them with my color scheme and give proper credit.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by package. Is it a script that just makes the necessary changes to the script files? If thats the case then I haven't dealt with that yet. Sheesh, something else to learn  :o
Jesse

dazlia

Advertisement: