News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WCFA

Hi there tried asking on  SP website they must not think I am serious so asking here.

Installed flawlessly the SP works awesome, I see there are additional blocks one can install.
My question is :
How do you install a block or maybe a block php  people mention to copy a code for a block and install it?
Apparently the SP site has allot of blocks one can install but found now clear directions.

I am sure this is something very simple, and is why the SP website is not responding to it.

Found a couple blocks people made and wanted to copy the code and install however that is done.

GPowerE36

Hi, I have a problem with SMF forum after installing SimplePortal, and it consists in the fact that when I try to log in through the gates into the forum and here it is obtained.

How can I fix this problem? Mods I have installed are:

SMF version is 2.0.7
Sorry for bad English and hope to resolve my problem.

Angelina Belle

WCFA,

The reason you did not get an answer at SimplePortal is probably that there are only a small number of volunteers working to answer questions.
I just came from there, and I responded to your question already.  I am not sure I understood you though.  I hope I will be able to help you.

GPowerE36 -- this sounds as though one of the other mods has messed up your URL.  This should be /index.php?action=forum.
So which mod took out "index.php"?
Do you have pretty URLs turned on?  Can you try turning it off for testing?
Also, I am not familiar with Tapatalk.  It might be worth turning Tapatalk off (just for a moment) to see if it makes any difference.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

GPowerE36

@ AngelinaBelle, I checked settings Tapatalk settings / In App Registration / Registration URL address was index.php?аction=forum. I changed it to index.php and the problem is resolved.

WCFA

Quote from: AngelinaBelle on March 28, 2014, 01:24:28 PM
WCFA,

The reason you did not get an answer at SimplePortal is probably that there are only a small number of volunteers working to answer questions.
I just came from there, and I responded to your question already.  I am not sure I understood you though.  I hope I will be able to help you.

GPowerE36 -- this sounds as though one of the other mods has messed up your URL.  This should be /index.php?action=forum.
So which mod took out "index.php"?
Do you have pretty URLs turned on?  Can you try turning it off for testing?
Also, I am not familiar with Tapatalk.  It might be worth turning Tapatalk off (just for a moment) to see if it makes any difference.

Hi there,
This is a great portal program, thank you for your help.

Angelina Belle

GPowerE36

Glad that fixed it.  The issue could very well be the fact that SimplePortal is disabled for phone users.
But I just dont' know enough about pretty urls, tapatalk, and simpleportal working together to begin to understand what happened.

I'm just glad you fixed it.
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. -- Hanlon's Razor

SaltedWeb

I was about done with my 6 week project on my forum and uploaded my logo using the Curve Theme,
the logo shows up in the forum great. I click on the main page portal and it does not show the Logo.?

1. I tried putting the logo in the default / Images
2. I tried putting it in the curve/ Images Images
Tried putting in root no luck.
Tried png and jpg formats.
Oddly even the default SMF does not show up in the portal either.

Ideas ? I can't open the site until I figure this out.

Thank You !
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

SaltedWeb

Is there no support in SMF for this >?
Open to any ideas.

MotRude

can the portal block top posters display going across instead of down?

i used to have ezportal and was able to display the block top posters at the top of my forum with the top posters going across instead of down..names with avatars going across.

Angelina Belle

@Diamondcomputer -- are you using the same theme for the portal page as you are using for the rest of the forum?  Are you using a front page or standalone portal? Apologies for the slow response -- the SimplePortal community is smaller than the SMF community, and we don't have very many volunteers to answer questions.

@MotRude -- SimplePortal does not come with a way to do that, but you could certainly customize the code to do this.  The code is found in the file PortalBlocks.php.  For more detailed discussions of customizing SimplePortal, please come on over to SimplePortal.net.  There are some knowledgeable people over there (more knowledgeable than I am!)

rafalkaminski

Very good addition, I recommend to all works great

Chas Large

Is simpleportal.net now dead? I can't make a connection with it for several months now.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

Angelina Belle

I last used it 2 days ago, but have been unable to reach it yesterday or today.

Angelina Belle

Simpleportal.net is back up.  Seems there was some routine host-related stuff going on.

Osaugue

Have been trying on how to go about this but no way please i want the first attached image in the first message thumbnail to show on the article block help please

Angelina Belle

This would require customization.  Have you asked at simpleportal.net?

Osaugue

Quote from: Angelina Belle on June 17, 2014, 09:27:41 AM
This would require customization.  Have you asked at simpleportal.net [nofollow]?
yes i didn't get any reply

Angelina Belle

I think I remember seeing your post, or a similar one.

I apologize for the lack of response.  Simpleportal has a small community.

Please try bumping your request over there.  If you still don't get a bite from someone knowledgeable, you can try one of the custom coding forums around here.  The simpleportal code is familiar enough to SMF coders that the customization  should not be too difficult.

I hope you learn some interesting new skills in the process.

Osaugue

Quote from: Angelina Belle on June 18, 2014, 03:32:54 PM
I think I remember seeing your post, or a similar one.

I apologize for the lack of response.  Simpleportal has a small community.

Please try bumping your request over there.  If you still don't get a bite from someone knowledgeable, you can try one of the custom coding forums around here.  The simpleportal code is familiar enough to SMF coders that the customization  should not be too difficult.

I hope you learn some interesting new skills in the process.
i actually created a topic but was redirected here

Advertisement: