News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFreeWebHost

I installed this on my forum today, after adding a TON of mods, and then I decided I would rather not use it so, I uninstalled it, BIG mistake! When I clicked uninstall it warned me not to do it, but I did it anyway thinking it would be ok, well it wasn't!! I had to trash the whole forum and reinstall the whole thing and all the mods!!!

So I assume that once you install this, you cannot uninstall it?

Burke ♞ Knight

More like, once you install a bunch of mods, then the files sometimes get modded too much for the uninstaller to be able to find what it is supposed to uninstall.

AFreeWebHost

Yes, I suppose that is very possible, although I had only installed 2 or 3 mods after installing simpleportal. I might try it again and see if I can get it going right, as it was nice, but it wasn't going to work with the idea I was going for.

ruckstande

Quote from: AFreeWebHost on July 07, 2008, 11:03:53 PM
Yes, I suppose that is very possible, although I had only installed 2 or 3 mods after installing simpleportal. I might try it again and see if I can get it going right, as it was nice, but it wasn't going to work with the idea I was going for.
Did you say you installed this and added a TON of mods?

ruckstande

Maybe someone can help me. I would like to add my own box with some banners to a couple of other sites. Is this possible and if so how?

Burke ♞ Knight

Could always use one of the Advertise blocks, if they are being used. :)

ruckstande

That is possible. Maybe I'll try that. Thanks.

Avery

Using another theme, how can i add a extra button so that the users can click to the forum without having to click the topics.

Mulgarus

this is a great mod, im very surprised to see sooooo much support and giving that you have gave for this mod. very outstanding

Like Avery asked,where do you have to edit the code to add a link to the nav bar of other themes?
Im running a test forum using the basic  "YaBB SE Theme" and was wondering if you tell me how to add a forums link in the nav bar.  http://mulgarus.clanservers.com/testing/index.php

I havent added much, just playing around and reading this thread for the last hour or so  rofl. are all the mods added thus far into the current package?

Thanks in advance.

Avery

It is indeed a great mod, but i would want to know how to add a link to the forum and also the 'dot' and 'arrow' images (Where i should put them)

Mulgarus

there is a mod that you can ad a button to the nav bar, but its only for the default theme. and you will need to copy those 2 images over to your forums theme image directory. ie. Themes/classic/images/dot.gif

Avery

Warning: require_once(/home/avery/public_html/Sources/SPortal.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/avery/public_html/index.php on line 59

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/avery/public_html/Sources/SPortal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/avery/public_html/index.php on line 59

---

I wanted to install Version 1.2 on my 1.1.5 version forum and when i unistalled it this happened, how do i solve this?

[SiNaN]

index.php

Find:

// Action and board are both empty... SPortal!
if (empty($board) && empty($topic))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/SPortal.php');
return 'SPortal';
}
if (empty($board) && empty($topic) && (isset($_GET['cat']) || isset($_GET['page'])))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/SPortal.php');
return 'SPortal';
}

Replace:

// Action and board are both empty... BoardIndex!
if (empty($board) && empty($topic))
{
require_once($sourcedir . '/BoardIndex.php');
return 'BoardIndex';
}

See the manual installation here and make sure other edits are taken back too.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1104;attach=56590;smf_version=1.1.5
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

[SiNaN]

SimplePortal 2.0 is released. Please check the first post of this topic.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 15, 2008, 08:57:07 AM
SimplePortal 2.0 is released. Please check the first post of this topic.

Congrates SiNaN , for your new and advanced portal.  :D
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Talismen

Love this portal! Thanks for the hard work!

I have a test site that I had just recently installed v1.2 on, and I was testing it out before installing it on my live forum site. Then today, I saw the release of the 2.0 version...so I uninstalled and deleted v1.2 and installed 2.0.

However - I didn't get the menu in "Features and Options" as before, and I noticed a grey line appeared right underneath "Forum" category in the admin cp. I couldn't find any menu/setup options for version 2.0, so I've uninstalled it and deleted it. I still have the zip files for both 1.2 and 2.0 on a local drive though.

I'm running SMF version 1.1.5 on my test site.

Is anyone else having issues with getting the menu options to come up, once v2.0 of this mod is installed?

Thanks!
LisaV
Do you feel.....like I do?

[SiNaN]

There should be a new section in the Admin Panel, under the Forum section. Are you using utf-8 character set?

Talismen

Quote from: [SiNaN] on July 15, 2008, 09:42:00 AM
There should be a new section in the Admin Panel, under the Forum section. Are you using utf-8 character set?

Let me make sure....
I'm guessing I shouldn't be?

[SiNaN]

If not, can you provide me a screenshot of Admin CP and where the problem is?

Talismen

Ok...just checked...it's set to Default Forum Language = English...at the moment.
I only have three other mods installed, and I think I actually had to change it from English utf-8 to regular english for one of them.

The others I have installed are:

Order News
Welcome Topic Mod
Custom Profile Field Mod

Advertisement: