News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SimplePortal

Started by SimplePortal Team, March 10, 2008, 11:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dharshan

whats the SMF version?

if it's SMF2 RC3, u need to emulate RC2 on it...
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

morokat

I just install the   SimplePortal ,and i see some of web that use this    SimplePortal can to take Google spider to Who online,i use

version 3.2.1  , i want  like that also , want to take Google spider to show on who online,

for my web its show like this

irfanji

hello users,dear i am just using default smf version and template,i want logo with links,is athere any mode or trick for adding logo with lonks,you can check the picture to better understand,how can i add this type of logo in smf?

adbrad

if you want that on the portal or indeed every page on forum probably be able to achieve with a html block

irtiza104

Using smf 2RC2.0 and having trouble installing the portal. The package is unable to locate index.php files (even though they exist). What should i do?

hawd

hellow i want to put a tabbed recent topic / post in my portal frontpage. can anyone here give me the mod?
to see what i mean in action please look here:  http://www.phpbb3portal.com/#fragment-12

also i've put screenshot in attachment.

im search for this month since 3month ago. and i hope someone can solve my problem. ..  :(
im using smf 2.0 rc3 and latest simple portal...

thanks.

kkattfish

really looking forward to the new release for aeva gallery recognition on the homepage for gallery pics. 
any info on when this will be released?  not an exact date, but a week a month? 

thanks for a great portal

irtiza104

I am using RC3.0. but i am unable to install the portal from the package manager. what should i do? when will you update the portal so that we can install it automatically?

MultiformeIngegno

Quote from: irtiza104 on March 31, 2010, 03:37:10 AM
I am using RC3.0. but i am unable to install the portal from the package manager. what should i do? when will you update the portal so that we can install it automatically?
You have to emulate the rc2
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Canownueasy

I get this error when trying to install it  :'(

QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

DjScrappy

Need Help Keep Getting This When Trying To Install SimplePortal 2.3.1 For SMF 2.0 RC2 and I Get This "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF. "............I Own MaddSmokerz.Com [nofollow] and Have Used This Portal ever Since It Came Out Was Woundering If I Can Maybe Get It To Work With SMF 2.0 RC2 Like It Says.. Thanx MaddSmokerz aka DjScrappy

MultiformeIngegno

Men you're annoying now!! Please read the posts above yours!! You can't pretend a reply when this has been said at least 2000 times!!!! You have to emulate RC2!
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

madfitz

Quote from: MultiformeIngegno on April 02, 2010, 03:43:18 AM
Men you're annoying now!! Please read the posts above yours!! You can't pretend a reply when this has been said at least 2000 times!!!! You have to emulate RC2!

OK, I emulated RC2 and it seemed to install correctly but what now?

Where is the configuration carried out? I don't see anywhere in the admin pages.

And do I revert the emulation to RC3 after install?

Edit: Nevermind, I had to uninstall it because it broke my board without access to the configuration settings (only the header was visible).

[SiNaN]

Any errors in the log? It won't brake anything under normal conditions.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

madfitz

Ah. The log was a mass of errors so I deleted a moment ago.

And the config settings? Where would I have found those? Perhaps if I had configured it the board would have become visible?

[SiNaN]

What do you mean by the "board wasn't visible"? SimplePortal will replace your board index with the portal page and add a Forum button which will lead to board index. If you are using SMF 1.1 with a custom theme; you'll need to add the Forum button manually.

SimplePortal settings can be found under Admin > SimplePortal area.

madfitz

Quote from: [SiNaN] on April 02, 2010, 09:12:24 AM
What do you mean by the "board wasn't visible"?

Only the board header was visible. The only thing showing south of that was the copyright lines for the portal and SMF.

Quote from: [SiNaN] on April 02, 2010, 09:12:24 AM
SimplePortal settings can be found under Admin > SimplePortal area.
There was no SimplePortal area to be found in my admin center.

BTW, the admin center was entirely visible as normal.

Edit: And the answer to my other question? When install is complete do you revert the emulation settings to RC3?

[SiNaN]

Quote from: madfitz on April 02, 2010, 09:26:04 AM
Edit: And the answer to my other question? When install is complete do you revert the emulation settings to RC3?

Doesn't matter either way. Though, you should set it to RC2 back, while you are uninstalling (if you will).

Now is the portal uninstalled?

madfitz

Yes it's uninstalled. I'm making another full backup before I consider trying again.

aw06

:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Advertisement: