[SMF Converter] Fireboard 1.0.x

Started by SleePy, March 17, 2008, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

That doesn't look right... It seems the avatar information is broken in Fireboard.
Eventually, could you please look in the avatars folder and tell what are a few names of the files there?

UDPATE: I installed Fireboard and am able to confirm that your Fireboard table should have the name of the corresponding avatar file, in the 'avatar' field. I'm afraid that without correcting that (perhaps from an older Fireboard backup file) the conversion will not work because it simply doesn't have the avatar information from Fireboard.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

PKUlm

Hi,

I was afraid of such a thing because a lot of people "played" around in this Joomla installation. I can live without the avatars, the user must upload them again if they want, let's stop it here.

Thank You very much for Your help, if You ever come to Germany, let me know, I invite You for a big beer.

Thanks and bye, Peter

UPDATE: The avatars file names are stored in the table jos_comprofiler in the field "avatar" (example: 69_45eb33ba8df41.jpg). The table has also a field "user_id" where the user ID is stored.

SleePy

Are the avatars still stored in "/path/to/joomla/components/com_fireboard/avatars"
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

PKUlm

Hi,

it' done. I copied the avatar file name in the avatar field of the DB of SMF, than the conversion run through.

Thanks to all, Peter

baijianpeng

I downloaded the converter for FireBoard->SMF2 in the download area on this official website. Then I tried it, when I click the "continue" button, I got error messages:

QuoteConverting...
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (karma_good)

My system:

Joomla 1.0.15
FireBoard 1.0.5 RC2
SMF2 RC 1.2 (standalone but in the same database as Joomla)
PHP 5.2.8
MySQL 5.0

It seems that the conversion stopped just after the very beginning!

Did I missed anything?

Is it possible to directly convert from FireBoard 1.0.5 RC2 to SMF 2 RC1.2?

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Norv

Please, try using the attached files.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

baijianpeng

Thank you Norv, I tried your attachments and got following error:

QuoteConverting...
Converting members...
alterDatabase('members', 'change column', array( 'old_name' => 'password_salt', 'name' => 'password_salt', 'type' => 'varchar', 'size' => 50, 'default' => '' ));
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (posts)

I am testing this on my localhost server which was built with XAMPP v1.7.0 on my WinXP PC.

Maybe something is wrong in this converter, could you please check it again and revise it?

Thanks.

Norv

baijianpeng

Quote from: Norv on November 03, 2009, 08:34:42 AM
Please, try this instead.

Still get error:

Converting...
Converting members...
alterDatabase('members', 'change column', array( 'old_name' => 'password_salt', 'name' => 'password_salt', 'type' => 'varchar', 'size' => 50, 'default' => '' ));
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (karma_good)

Norv

This problem should also be corrected, please see the attached file.

baijianpeng

Quote from: Norv on November 04, 2009, 12:36:39 AM
This problem should also be corrected, please see the attached file.

This time there was NO error, and the converter shown "successful".

I went to my SMF2 and saw all the members, categories and posts from FireBoard had been transfered to SMF2. That is great!

However, I would like to report a new problem (in fact the same issue happened on SMF1 conversion). In order to describe this issue clear, please forgive my detailed long post below:

1. System info

server:  XAMPP v1.7.0 (php 5.2.8, mysql 5.0)

Joomla version: Joomla 1.0.15
Joomla Path: http://localhost/uhiker/

FireBoard version: FireBoard 1.0.5 RC2
Community Builder verson: CB 1.1
FireBoard integrated with CB: Yes

SMF version: SMF 2.0 RC 1.2
SMF Path: http://localhost/uhiker/smf2/

2.  In my FireBoard forum, there were many attachments in posts. Almost all of the attachments are pictures. They were stored in this folder:

http://localhost/uhiker/images/fbfiles/images

After conversion, I went to visit those posts with attachments, I saw that there is NO image shown up. In the post, there is an image but shown as red cross which means can't find the image.

I right click on the missing image and see its property, then I noticed that the path of that image is:

http://localhost/uhiker/smf2/images/fbfiles/images/10-96ab2d58e7381e7adf5736863665c003.jpg

In fact, there is NO such a folder named /images inside the SMF2 folder. So the image can't be located. This is why I saw red corss instead of the correct image.

I guess: in original FireBoard forum, the image has a relative URL as:
images/fbfiles/images/10-96ab2d58e7381e7adf5736863665c003.jpg

This path is correct since the FireBoard will read this URL as:

http://localhost/uhiker/images/fbfiles/images/10-96ab2d58e7381e7adf5736863665c003.jpg

You can see that, this is the correct location where Joomla stored my FireBoard attachments.

Now, when the convert script do the conversion job, it did not modify the IMG tag inside the posts, just copyed as was. So images in the SMF posts also has the same relative path, but now, because SMF2 was installed in a subfolder to Joomla root, now such a path will be wrong.

Though I can copy that /images/fbfiles/images/ folder from Joomla root to SMF2 folder then make all these images appear, I think it is not a good idea.

Because, I noticed that the converter had already copied each attachment from /images/fbfiles/images/ folder to the /attachments folder of SMF2. Why it can't link these copied attachments to posts?

Another problem is: during the conversion, the script told me it had done the re-calculation and statistics job, however, it did not. I have to go to the SMF2 admin, and do the "Recount all forum totals and statistics" job manually to get correct info at the bottom of the SMF2 index page.

Hope you will continue to improve this converter.

Thank you very much!

Norv

About attachments:
The files copied over in SMF folder / attachments, are they okay?
SMF has a path specified at Admin > Attachments and avatars > Attachment settings, for the location of attachments. By default, this path is ./attachments subfolder from the SMF folder. So the converter should copy them there, where SMF expects them.
Did it do that? If yes then the images should be found (I think) as long as they're attached to a post. If they're in IMG tags, that indeed is not updated and the images in IMG will not be found if the path doesn't match anymore. I'm not sure the content in IMG tags can be updated, even, for attachments, as a clear path, because SMF stores attachments by encrypting their names, for security reasons, and this name and full path of the physical file should be inaccessible (unknown) fully to any member of the forum (so it shouldn't appear in clear text in paths). In case we display the correct path to the image in an IMG tag, then this security measure becomes null.
In case I am perhaps misunderstanding, could you please link or copy paste an example of the problem, eventually, for us to try to see what could be done?

About statistics, you're right, of course, though normally the converter did do its own "recalculations" in order to ensure a little consistency of the converted data. It could be improved with other things that only "recount all forum totals and statistics" currently does.

baijianpeng

Quote from: Norv on November 04, 2009, 02:23:36 AM
The files copied over in SMF folder / attachments, are they okay?

Yes! All those images formerly in <joomla>/images/fbfiles/images folder were copied over to SMF folder /attachments. And of course, their names were also encrypted.

But in the post, all images were in IMG tags.

I guess, the reason is: FireBoard has a bad design which will embed uploaded images in the post with IMG tag. So, when the converter do its job, it will transfer the post content EXACTLY as the original post. So, SMF also show these images with IMG tags.

Do you think it is possible to convert those IMG tags to attachments links during the conversion?

Thanks.

Norv

I will look into it as soon as possible.

saintsinner

Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
While converting i get this error message on step 2. Anyone know about it?  Thanks

QuoteNotice: Undefined variable: to_prefix in /home/footbal4/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 1821
Unsuccessful!
This query:
REPLACE INTO settings (variable, value)
VALUES ('conversion_time', 1259108418),
('conversion_from', 'fireboard_to_smf.sql');
Caused the error:

No database selected

Norv

Please ignore that error, it is not relevant for the conversion, but a bug in the converter. Your database should be converted now.

walibe

OK I'm getting this error for the converter (Joomla 1.5)

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: loaddatabase() in /home/udmhxpao/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 411

So its not finding my SMF database?

Line 411 is loadDatabase();

Where is it picking up the info to load the database from because its not worked :).

Norv

Hello there!
Please note: if you install SMF 1.1.11, then you should use a converter to SMF 1.1.11, while if you install SMF 2.0 RC3, then you should use a converter to SMF 2.0 RC3.

Are you sure this is the case? :)

walibe

Yep this SMF 1.11 I am using - the site being developed at hxxp:www.walibe.com/smf [nonactive] to replace the site seen at hxxp:www.scenicforums.com [nonactive].

Norv

Then please use the converter to SMF 1.1.11, as it should be available for download  on this site's Downloads > Converters.

Advertisement: