News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forbidden?

Started by kreativekarma, March 19, 2008, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreativekarma

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/upgrade.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can anyone shed any light as to why this may be come up after my install?

Bigguy

htaccess could be causing this or permissions on that file (upgrade.php) Verify that the permissions are set right on that file and that there are no htaccess files blocking you from running it.

kreativekarma

I have upgrade.php on 777... not sure how to see if htaccess files would be blocking me.

Bigguy

You would see one in the root of your SMF install. the same place the upgrade.php is.

kreativekarma

OK, I deleted the htaccess out of the forum root and now have this:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Bigguy

niko

Did you try 755 instead of 777? Some host doesn't allow 777.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

kreativekarma

Hostgator -   AHA, changed it to 755 and upgrade.php works. Thanks for that!

Bigguy

Advertisement: