News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.1

Started by bostasp, January 09, 2005, 07:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trekkie101

Do your adverts show on the admin center.

Random

Quote from: Henrik Samuelsson on January 15, 2005, 06:53:32 PM

Look at this that Unknown wrote last night at the same problem I hade. It works !!!
Changes in Search.php that has to be done. Line 626. replace with this line below.

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 08:18:21 PM
Actually, it has to do with MySQL permissions... and something else, which I'm not sure of.

Anyway, I think I see what I did... I made it worse :P.  Use this:

$tmp[$ID_MSG] = '(' . (int) $modSettings['search_pointer'] . ', ' . (int) $row['ID_TOPIC'] . ', ' . (int) $relevance . ', ' . (int) $ID_MSG . ', ' . (int) $row['numMsg'] . ')';

-[Unknown]

I tried that, but got a load of errors again.  So I replaced it with a new copy of search.php, and I still get:

8: Undefined index: ID_FIRST_MSG
File: /var/www/html/forum/Sources/Search.php
Line: 560

The search works, so its not a big problem, and at least its only one error per search instead of pages.

Champi

what mods do work with smf1.0.1.... because when i use the package manager from the admin panel it says that several files are not installed succesfully

with smf 1.0 i did not have that problem... My smf board is at smf.champi.nl

gusto5

Quote from: Trekkie101 on January 16, 2005, 03:33:40 PM
Do your adverts show on the admin center.

Yes, my ads are global on the theme index.

HEB XI 1

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 03:09:28 PM
Quote from: Enigma on January 14, 2005, 10:04:40 AM
I noticed that I didn't have the $boarddir/changelog-themes.txt or $boarddir/changelog.txt files. I assumed that they would be created with the update, but i can't find them. Should I have created blank ones before the update?

Don't worry about it.

To anyone having issues with those files, or with creating files with ~ in them... it shouldn't be that much a problem.  But, it may very well be caused by the folder SMF is installed in not being 777 itself.

I tried changing my /forum folder to 777 ... now instead of:
2: Unable to create '/home/httpd/vhosts/praetorian-guard.com/httpdocs/forum/changelog-themes.txt~': Permission denied

I get:
2: fopen("/home/httpd/vhosts/praetorian-guard.com/httpdocs/forum/changelog-themes.txt", "w") - Permission denied

I still get no change in ANY files ... a detailed version check shows all of my files (not just the themes) at 1.0 or lower.  Something to note ... I have 3 different forums ... completely separate DB's, files, templates etc.  I am getting the same error on all three of them.

[Unknown]

Quote from: gusto5 on January 16, 2005, 02:02:16 PM
hello [unknown] the link is here

Could my ads be blocking something? (they are added into my index template)

Could be, but it seems to work fine for me in Firefox; what browser are you using?

Quote from: caschy on January 16, 2005, 08:31:36 AM
QuoteThe upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme.

I have downloaded the newest language for me (german) - uploaded it - but notjong happened. If i click on "Click here to try again." nothing happened.

Strange.  Perhaps something is wrong with the 1.0.1 German package - does the index.german.php show "Version: 1.0.1" at the top?

Quote from: hebxi1 on January 16, 2005, 11:58:27 PM
I tried changing my /forum folder to 777 ... now instead of:
2: Unable to create '/home/httpd/vhosts/praetorian-guard.com/httpdocs/forum/changelog-themes.txt~': Permission denied

I get:
2: fopen("/home/httpd/vhosts/praetorian-guard.com/httpdocs/forum/changelog-themes.txt", "w") - Permission denied

I still get no change in ANY files ... a detailed version check shows all of my files (not just the themes) at 1.0 or lower.  Something to note ... I have 3 different forums ... completely separate DB's, files, templates etc.  I am getting the same error on all three of them.

Is changelog-themes.txt 777 as well?

Random, I'm not sure.  I've asked Compuart to look at some of these problems since he wrote the feature and obviously I'm not fixing it properly.

-[Unknown]

Robert Flav

I just updated my forums from 1.0 without any problems.  Thank you, SMF team!
Robert Flav

neugi

Hi

after update i tried to register a new user and got this error

2: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
File: /home/virtual/site7/fst/var/www/html/Sources/Register.php
Line: 309

maybe andybod can help me on this.

thx

[Unknown]

That's no where near my 309.  Have any mods installed?

-[Unknown]

neugi

Hi,

no it is the standard forum, with no mods installed.

best

[Unknown]

Quote from: neugi on January 17, 2005, 06:12:47 AM
Hi,

no it is the standard forum, with no mods installed.

best

Can you try looking at what you have on that line, and the lines 10 above and posting them here?

Can you try uploading the Register.php from the "upgrade" package on the downloads page to your site?

-[Unknown]

neugi

Hi,

i can't make a upload here. in the addition options there is no attachment option

maybe email oder pn it?

here is the code:
'hideEmail', 'showOnline',
'im_email_notify',
'notifyAnnouncements', 'notifyOnce',
);

// Handle a string as a birthdate...
if (isset($_POST['birthdate']) && $_POST['birthdate'] != '')
$_POST['birthdate'] = strftime('%Y-%m-%d', strtotime($_POST['birthdate']));
// Or birthdate parts...
elseif (!empty($_POST['bday1']) && !empty($_POST['bday2']))
$_POST['birthdate'] = sprintf('%04d-%02d-%02d', empty($_POST['bday3']) ? 0 : (int) $_POST['bday3'], (int) $_POST['bday1'], (int) $_POST['bday2']);

foreach ($possible_strings as $var)
if (isset($_POST[$var]))
$register_vars[$var] = '\'' . $_POST[$var] . '\'';
foreach ($possible_ints as $var)
if (isset($_POST[$var]))
$register_vars[$var] = (int) $_POST[$var];
foreach ($possible_floats as $var)
if (isset($_POST[$var]))
$register_vars[$var] = (float) $_POST[$var];
foreach ($possible_bools as $var)
if (isset($_POST[$var]))
$register_vars[$var] = empty($_POST[$var]) ? 0 : 1;

best

[Unknown]

There's no mysql_fetch_assoc there to fail?

Edit: and, yes, sorry... normal members can't post attachments here because some were abusing it (pronography :(.)

-[Unknown]

neugi

Hi

no problem, i've emailed it to you. okay?
for the moment i've downgraded the build to get it working

best

Random

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 17, 2005, 12:31:36 AM

Random, I'm not sure.  I've asked Compuart to look at some of these problems since he wrote the feature and obviously I'm not fixing it properly.

-[Unknown]

Thanks, its not a major issue right now anyway, as I say the number of errors is down to one per search from around 5 pages per search. ;D

Champi

simple question: are there any mods working with 1.0.1....??  ???

HEB XI 1

[Unknown] -

Thanks ... tried that ... still getting the same fopen error.

I also tried removing the file from the server (backed up on my pc of course).  I got a file not found on the installation checklist, then got the same fopen error when I proceeded with the install anyway.

I'm lost :/   I hate to be a pain, especially since normally I'm one of the "got it on the first try" people :/

Grudge

Quote from: champi.nl on January 17, 2005, 08:36:36 AM
simple question: are there any mods working with 1.0.1....?? ???
All of the ones on my package server...
I'm only a half geek really...

Arwing

Aha, [Unknown], I think I found something about the SQL Syntaxis Error. You code works for me, but I use the Simple Search. If the Simple Search is enabled, don't generate any error's log, but if Simple Search is disable then show two pages of logs with this:

8: Undefined index: ID_FIRST_MSG
Archivo: /home/***/public_html/foro/Sources/Search.php
Línea: 623

Sometimes the line is 624

Arwing

Edited: Well, seems like even in Simple Search mode, if the result's search are more than 3 pages it generate logs.

setec

I upgraded with no problems through the package manager to SMF 1.0.1

Can I delete the .php~ files then?

Advertisement: