News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitochondria

PocketChange

Sweet!  A great MOD just got better... :)  Adding this into my theme now.

Thanks Pheasant_Plucker & JohnyB!  Nice work...  ;)

pheasant_plucker

No problem, I take no credit for this Mod whatsoever I just wanted the images with hyperlink functionality. Non of which would have been possible without the superb work of JohnyB

Gerry

mitochondria

Quote from: JohnyB on July 29, 2008, 05:23:31 AM
Here's your file. Use this before you install the mod. Let me know how it goes.

now im installing mods without problems. But when i put an image, its not show up at the board forum using my theme.....  :-[

;)

katb

i am using smf 1.1.5(upgraded from 1.1.4) when i try to install this mod , i am getting following error

!!Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Installation Readme
Author: JohnyB    Mod Name: ImagesOnBoard    Version: 1.1
Tested: Freshly installed SMF 1.1.5 and SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This will install ImagesOnBoard mod version 1.1

Images On Board 1.1

This mod will add images on the board.
You can add external link for the image. The default (empty) is board link.
When editing or creating a board, enter the filename of the image for that board including the filename extension.
There will be only one image folder for all themes used.
The default location for all images is Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard folder.
The dimension of images displayed will depend on the size of your images.

Supported Themes

Default Core
babylon
classic
shinyblue

Supported languages

English
english-utf8

Note:

Need language translation again because of the additional language string.

Install Actions
Installations actions for "Images On Board":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Code ImagesOnBoardDB115.php 
2. Extract Tree ./Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard 
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/MessageIndex.php Test failed
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/BoardIndex.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageBoards.php Test successful
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php Test successful
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/babylon/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/babylon/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/classic/BoardIndex.template.php Test successful
13. Execute Modification ./Themes/classic/MessageIndex.template.php Test successful
14. Execute Modification ./Themes/shinyblue115/BoardIndex.template.php Skipping file
15. Execute Modification ./Themes/shinyblue115/MessageIndex.template.php Skipping file
16. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test successful
17. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php Test successful

Any help appriciated

Bulakbol

@pheasant_plucker
   Thanks for the suggestion. It's cool.

@mitochondria
   You have to edit your custom BoardIndex.template.php to show the images. Which theme are you using?

@katb
   There might be other mod that altered your Sources/MessageIndex.php. If you know how to edit files, Use the built-in parser and do the edit manually. If you have problem doing it, attach the file in question and I'll see what I can do.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

mitochondria

Quote from: JohnyB on July 30, 2008, 05:41:21 PM
@mitochondria
   You have to edit your custom BoardIndex.template.php to show the images. Which theme are you using?

i forget the real name of the theme (the name has been changed) and also i lost the its intallation file. Can you edit the BoardIndex.template.php of my theme. Ill send it to you

;)

jayc7176

Quote from: mitochondria on July 30, 2008, 10:55:14 PM
@mitochondria

i forget the real name of the theme (the name has been changed) and also i lost the its intallation file. Can you edit the BoardIndex.template.php of my theme. Ill send it to you

;)

Here you go Mate - Try this one. Make sure you Back your Originals  and then replace with this one . Lets see if this one works ..

good luck
I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think -  Socrates™ 469 BC

SMF- 1.1.5

katb

@katb
   There might be other mod that altered your Sources/MessageIndex.php. If you know how to edit files, Use the built-in parser and do the edit manually. If you have problem doing it, attach the file in question and I'll see what I can do.

I am attaching messageIndex.php file, can you please have a look ..Thanks for your suggestions

Bulakbol

You attached MessageIndex.template,php. It's the Sources/Message.php that failed the test.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

mitochondria

Quote from: jayc7176 on July 31, 2008, 12:27:25 AM
Here you go Mate - Try this one. Make sure you Back your Originals  and then replace with this one . Lets see if this one works ..

good luck

wow...it works.... very thx bro  ;D

;)

katb

Quote from: JohnyB on July 31, 2008, 02:15:05 AM
You attached MessageIndex.template,php. It's the Sources/Message.php that failed the test.

Thanks for your  reply i am attaching the correct files
ie; ./Sources/MessageIndex.php

Bulakbol

Here's your file katb. Use it after installing the mod.

katb

Thanks JohnyB , iw will try this and let you know.

katb

Quote from: JohnyB on August 01, 2008, 01:23:18 AM
Here's your file katb. Use it after installing the mod.

:) Thanks  JohnyB it work like a charm!! Great mod and support!!

Bulakbol

@katb
  No problem. Thanks too.

@TorstenE
  I thank you for the German translation.  8)

Fat_Man

Hello JohnyB,

I installed the Images On Board modification today and got the following error.  I have attached the file for you to look at.

I look forward to to using this great modification.  :D

1.     Execute Code     ImagesOnBoardDB115.php
2.    Extract Tree    ./Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard    
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/MessageIndex.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManageBoards.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/babylon/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
12.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
13.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/classic/MessageIndex.template.php    Test successful
14.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/shinyblue115/BoardIndex.template.php    Skipping file
15.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/shinyblue115/MessageIndex.template.php    Skipping file
16.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
17.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php    Test successful
18.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.german.php    Skipping file

Bulakbol

Here Fat_Man. Use this file before installation so you can uninstall the mod if you decide not to use it.

God Of Mana

Nice mod, but did you know, that you can do this just by putting a html image code in the board title? I guess this way, its shorter

Bulakbol

Quote from: God Of Mana on August 05, 2008, 04:15:29 PM
Nice mod, but did you know, that you can do this just by putting a html image code in the board title? I guess this way, its shorter

Thanks. No, I didn't know. I also can't do it. Can you share us how you did it or how to do it? It is a good alternative if you are correct.

Advertisement: