News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baagacheppav

Quote from: Bulakbol on August 29, 2009, 07:05:48 PM
@baagacheppav
Which package are you trying to download? Have you tried  baagacheppav tip?

@sandmannd
Sorry. The only file attached in your last post was BoardIndex.template.php so I thought your problem is solved. You have to edit your MessageIndex.template.php manually as well.

I am trying to install 2.1 version in 1.1.10 version but it is not working...

sandmannd

Quote from: sandmannd on August 30, 2009, 09:10:23 AM
Can you tell me the edit I have to make?

Is there an edit to make or should I updload my files again?

The Only One

I had installed Images On Board successfully on my forum. But, even after I had uploaded images and added the image name, modifying my board, I was not able to see the image on the boards. I have even tried clearing my cache.

I have attached the BoardIndex.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php

Please edit those, if required, to make the mod work. :)
Thank you for this wonderful mod. :)

sandmannd

Quote from: Bulakbol on August 29, 2009, 07:05:48 PM
@sandmannd
Sorry. The only file attached in your last post was BoardIndex.template.php so I thought your problem is solved. You have to edit your MessageIndex.template.php manually as well.

My bad. I put both of the files up here. Can you take a look at them please? I now have no images posting on my child boards. Main boards are great.

Thank you for your time.

kingkingston

Any plans on updating to 2.0 RC1.2 ?

gbsothere

There are parsing instructions for RC1.2.  On my RC1.2 test board, I just uploaded the most recent zip then, before clicking "Apply Mod", I went back to Admin---> Packages and clicked the Advanced link under the mod listing.  I set the emulator for RC1.1 and then applied the mod.  It installed without any errors.  (I went back and reset the emulator after that.)

I hope it works for you.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

kingkingston

Quote from: gbsothere on November 04, 2009, 08:07:29 AM
There are parsing instructions for RC1.2.  On my RC1.2 test board, I just uploaded the most recent zip then, before clicking "Apply Mod", I went back to Admin---> Packages and clicked the Advanced link under the mod listing.  I set the emulator for RC1.1 and then applied the mod.  It installed without any errors.  (I went back and reset the emulator after that.)

I hope it works for you.   :)
Would that work with other mods ?

Arantor

Something like that will work for many mods that list themselves as compatible with RC1 or RC1-1.

YogiBear

Quote from: wickedstangs on August 29, 2009, 03:02:29 PM
what is a good recommeded size for the images?

32 X 32 pixels would match the SMF logo to the left of each Board.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

MultiformeIngegno

Will this work with RC2 or a new version is planned to be released? :)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Hoodie

Quote from: lorenzone92 on November 09, 2009, 08:07:11 AM
Will this work with RC2 or a new version is planned to be released? :)

I hope so..  Bulakbol hasn't been on SMF in about a month though so it might not..

Arantor

I doubt it will for that very reason. There were so many changes from RC1 to RC2 that I would be very surprised if it installed on Curve.

Hoodie

It won't install currently..  I'm sure someone could modify the code a little bit here and there for it to be able to work..

The source files all get modified correctly..  It's just the boardindex, messageindex and profile templates..  Mainly due to the way curve is written with <div>'s instead of <table>'s..

Arantor

Well it probably wouldn't be that hard to do but no-one can update the package unless the author agrees to it.

kingkingston

Quote from: Arantor on November 18, 2009, 06:03:13 PM
I doubt it will for that very reason. There were so many changes from RC1 to RC2 that I would be very surprised if it installed on Curve.
if your talking about this mod installing on rc2 and curve then it does

PalmBeachPreps

Quote from: kingkingston on November 18, 2009, 10:58:41 PM
As was posted above, not without a ton of manual edits.

kingkingston

Quote from: PalmBeachPreps on November 18, 2009, 11:24:35 PM
Quote from: kingkingston on November 18, 2009, 10:58:41 PM
As was posted above, not without a ton of manual edits.
hmmmmn i have it installed on my site and just used the package manager

Sabre™

Needed 3 edits for myself on curve.
Im not using it though, just wanted to see if there were actually many edits.
Result = no
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

MultiformeIngegno

Sabre can you post those edits so we can temporary use 'em while waiting the next release? Thanks! :)
RockCiclopedia (wiki - forum), Tutta la storia del rock, scritta da voi ...
Rimanere aggiornati sul mondo della musica grazie al nuovo feed "RockCiclopedia Music News"!

Sabre™

As stated buddy, I don't use this mod, so didn't make those changes.
But, I quickly re-downloaded the mod, and made them for you.
It should work fine.
I only 'changed' what I saw needed to be, by overwriting what was there for rc1.2.

Make a backup of your templates this alters, and the 'boards' table in your db, as I haven't tested this.
Just incase ;)
Anyways, good luck and hopefully it does what you need.

Will remove the attachment when Johnnyb(Bulakbol) requests, or another updates the mod.
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Advertisement: