News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Converting a phpBB bot for SMF

Started by Old Lynx, July 09, 2008, 06:50:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadesflames

according to my tests all features are working for now =]

jOkErGuEsT

Has anyone had a problem about link checker bot?

Shall we use it?

hadesflames

everything is working fine with me cept cron (this is server issue nothing to do with the bot)

Tick Tock

Can i take manuel install for this beta ? It doesn't work with SMF package parser...
This is our time, we have you now, you are our great delight, scream to your god, who never hears a thing, he's not with you now, the time is right !

Rhine

The bot doesnt show "Links checked at (time) and 0% is dead, any idea why?

Lanthan

Quote from: Rhine on September 10, 2008, 03:59:48 PM
Are the links in the rs_links or rs_checker table?

DareDevil1990

ok i have installed this mod ....installed witout any problem....but it isnt detecting any dead links ...will it chk  link only of the post made after the mod installed or all the post in Db ?? ....help

Lanthan

Quote from: keshav on September 16, 2008, 02:05:28 AM
ok i have installed this mod ....installed witout any problem....but it isnt detecting any dead links ...will it chk  link only of the post made after the mod installed or all the post in Db ?? ....help
Only viewed Links are checked. Do you have installed a cronjob, and did it run?

tampaba1

I've installed this mod on my board and it's working fine. It would be nice, though, if it could be expanded to include other hosting sites.
www.lightamillioncandles.com
Light a candle against online child abuse!!

DareDevil1990

Quote from: Lanthan on September 16, 2008, 06:52:39 AM

Only viewed Links are checked. Do you have installed a cronjob, and did it run?

okay what do u meant by "viewed links"

yup i placed the cronrschecker.php in my sites root directory and when i run it i got rs link checker bot or something ...i dont rember exactly .... :)

okay i have started receving some pms  of dead link but to how many peorsons does the LC bot sneds the pm only the author or the  whole staff or the anyone who posted/viewed the thread

Lanthan

"Viewed" means that someone must have read the post with the links in it.
PM's are only send to the author of the post. After a check, the script will wait 60 minutes to check the links again, but only if someone read the post again.

Rhine

Quote from: Lanthan on September 11, 2008, 05:16:02 PM
Quote from: Rhine on September 10, 2008, 03:59:48 PM
Are the links in the rs_links or rs_checker table?

Yes it is.

Lanthan

Quote from: Rhine on September 16, 2008, 11:23:14 AM
Yes it is.
In which one? If they are in the rs_checker, then the script does not run.
The script copies all checked links from the rs_checker to the rs_links table.

DareDevil1990

ok i most of my sites post have at least one view or more but many of them have not been checked by the LC bot ..... it picks up and check random posts :( ......

Lanthan

Quote from: keshav on September 16, 2008, 12:21:38 PM
ok i most of my sites post have at least one view or more but many of them have not been checked by the LC bot ..... it picks up and check random posts :( ......
Random? I don't think so, cause he fetches from the table the link without specific order, he should use the order in which they have been viewed and therfore put in the table.

How much links are it? He only checks 100 at one time.

DareDevil1990

well if u are asking about no of links per post .the average would be 10 links... is there anyway u could make the cp of Lc bot to show the no of links checked ... and no of dead links found .... :)

Lanthan

Quote from: keshav on September 16, 2008, 12:48:04 PM
well if u are asking about no of links per post .the average would be 10 links... is there anyway u could make the cp of Lc bot to show the no of links checked ... and no of dead links found .... :)
The total Number in the Threads, no, but I can put the numbers of Links to check (rs_checker) and the total number of checked links and the total number of dead links (rs_links) in the admin panel. Good idea for next version!
At this time you can only query it by hand. Open the phpmyadmin and open your database. If your SMF table Prefix ist the standard this would give you the amount of unchecked links

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM smf_rs_checker

The Amount of all checked links:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM smf_rs_links

The Amount of all checked links which are online:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM smf_rs_links WHERE status=1

The Amount of all checked links which are dead:

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM smf_rs_links WHERE status=0

DomDom Skye

Advertisement: