[Depreciated]

Started by Depreciated, July 24, 2008, 03:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corilde

Quote from: Richardgm on June 21, 2011, 06:34:33 PM
I installed the 2.3 version on SMF 2.0 and when persons click "quote" it doesn't input anything in the Quick Reply at all.

Just report this as a bug.

In Safari on mac doesn't work "quote" in Quick Reply. With Firefox works ok.

mrselnombre

since installing i get this error in my log
8: Undefined index: wysiwyg_quick_reply5

File: /home/totaltwa/public_html/board/Themes/default/languages/Settings.english.php (edit_options sub template - eval?)
Line: 1535

and
8: Undefined index: wysiwyg_quick_reply1

File: /home/totaltwa/public_html/board/Themes/default/languages/Settings.english.php (edit_options sub template - eval?)
Line: 1535

it seems to happen when you go to your profile look and layout settings page
(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Total Twaddle.

mrselnombre

looking at the modifications.english.php
// Wysiwyg Quick Reply
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply'] = 'Choose Quick Reply Type';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply0'] = 'WYSIWYG (with bbc buttons and smilies)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply2'] = 'WYSIWYG (with smilies only)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply3'] = 'WYSIWYG Only';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply4'] = 'Non-WYSIWYG (with bbc buttons and smilies)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply6'] = 'Non-WYSIWYG (with smilies only)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply7'] = 'Non-WYSIWYG (standard)';

Both 1 and 5 are missing?

so i added
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply1'] = '.';
and
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply5'] = '.';

to stop the error until i can find out what it is supposed to say
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

AllanD

Any Idea on how to fix the image on posted on the previous page.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

naoko15

Is there a way i could use this mod with Core Theme?

Thanks and great work!

Miky

Hello there,

I have a problem with incorrect size and align.

Is there a way to have quick reply bar not collapsed?

Thank you.

hcfwesker

Quote from: mrselnombre on June 24, 2011, 07:18:17 AM
looking at the modifications.english.php
// Wysiwyg Quick Reply
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply'] = 'Choose Quick Reply Type';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply0'] = 'WYSIWYG (with bbc buttons and smilies)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply2'] = 'WYSIWYG (with smilies only)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply3'] = 'WYSIWYG Only';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply4'] = 'Non-WYSIWYG (with bbc buttons and smilies)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply6'] = 'Non-WYSIWYG (with smilies only)';
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply7'] = 'Non-WYSIWYG (standard)';

Both 1 and 5 are missing?

so i added
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply1'] = '.';
and
$txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply5'] = '.';

to stop the error until i can find out what it is supposed to say

Try this, it'll also make the options available in the Look & Layouts page better organized

Under Themes/default/Profile.template.php

Find

// Start of WYSIWYG Quick Reply
echo '
<li>
<label for="wysiwyg_quick_reply">', $txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply'], '</label>
<select name="default_options[wysiwyg_quick_reply]" id="wysiwyg_quick_reply">';

// Avoid undefined errors if empty/unset for our loop
$j = !empty($context['member']['options']['wysiwyg_quick_reply']) ? (int) $context['member']['options']['wysiwyg_quick_reply'] : 0 ;
for($i=0;$i<=7;$i++)
echo '
<option value="'.$i.'"', ($i == $j ? ' selected="selected"' : ''), '>', $txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply'.$i],'</option>';
echo '
</select>
</li>';

// Tidy up
unset($i, $j);
// End of WYSIWYG Quick Reply

Replace with
// Start of WYSIWYG Quick Reply
echo '
<li>
<label for="wysiwyg_quick_reply">', $txt['wysiwyg_quick_reply'], '</label>
<select name="default_options[wysiwyg_quick_reply]" id="wysiwyg_quick_reply">
<option value=""></option>
<option value="0">WYSIWYG (with bbc buttons and smilies)</option>
<option value="2">WYSIWYG (with smilies only)</option>
<option value="3">WYSIWYG Only</option>
<option value="4">Non-WYSIWYG (with bbc buttons and smilies)</option>
<option value="6">Non-WYSIWYG (with smilies only)</option>
<option value="7">Non-WYSIWYG (standard)</option>
</select>
</li>';
// End of WYSIWYG Quick Reply

Antechinus

Hmm. Could do with some css tweaking too. It's a bit borked at the moment. Will look into it.

TBH I think the thing was originally coded with too many options anyway. All it reallly needs is standard/no bbc/no smileys, standard/bbc/smileys, and wysiwyg with everything. I can't really see anyone ever wanting other options in practice.

ETA: Mind you, I'd like to extend this in other ways.

mrselnombre

mine is set to no wysiwyg with bbc and smileys. As there is some sort of problem on ipad browser and some mobile browsers, if you have it all on. Don't know if it was to do with the mod or something else. You can't select the txt box to post a reply. No error or anything, just not responding.
(\__/)
Total Twaddle.

Depreciated

ok guys and girls 'Antechinus' from the SMF Core Developer Team has PM'd me asking if they can take over mod and make it an official mod and i simply couldn't say no to that

they also explained there going to tidy up the code an even extend the mod so that's something to look out for

personally i think it should be default in smf 2.1 but who knows

anyway it's been fun but time to pass the torch on this lovely mod :-*

Si6776

Damn, I was just going to ask a question!  Perhaps someone has an idea anyway?  I have the Quotes issue with Chrome, but am working round that until there's a proper fix, but I just wondered why, in Profiles, I'm getting three of the same 'Choose Quick Reply type' drop down menus?  The mod installed perfectly on both of my themes.

Also, I note that the hyperlink button does not produce a popup when using the QR box.  Is this something that could be implemented into future versions?

Antechinus

Quote from: mrselnombre on July 01, 2011, 08:38:16 AM
mine is set to no wysiwyg with bbc and smileys. As there is some sort of problem on ipad browser and some mobile browsers, if you have it all on. Don't know if it was to do with the mod or something else. You can't select the txt box to post a reply. No error or anything, just not responding.

They may not handle iframes well (the wysiwyg displays in an iframe) or it may just be that the javascript is overloading them. The wysiwyg relies heavily on javascript, which is a bit of a burden for a lot of mobiles. Will look into it later, but tbh getting the wysiwyg working on mobile may not be practical.

Antechinus

Quote from: Si6776 on July 02, 2011, 04:48:55 AM
Damn, I was just going to ask a question!  Perhaps someone has an idea anyway?  I have the Quotes issue with Chrome, but am working round that until there's a proper fix, but I just wondered why, in Profiles, I'm getting three of the same 'Choose Quick Reply type' drop down menus?  The mod installed perfectly on both of my themes.

The multiple selects sounds like the mod has been installed more than once. That's the usual cause of that sort of thing.

QuoteAlso, I note that the hyperlink button does not produce a popup when using the QR box.  Is this something that could be implemented into future versions?

Will check it out.

I'll start by doing a basic cleanup to sort css (including rtl) and to fix the undefined error. I'll add the option for attachments to the quick reply as well.

I'm also planning on making this mod add quick reply to PM's as I can't see the point of loading a new page to reply to PM's.

Si6776

Quote from: Antechinus on July 03, 2011, 01:16:13 AM
Quote from: Si6776 on July 02, 2011, 04:48:55 AM

The multiple selects sounds like the mod has been installed more than once. That's the usual cause of that sort of thing.

It was installed more than once, but previously uninstalled each time.  I'll get our coding guy to check for duplicate code.

Quote from: Antechinus on July 03, 2011, 01:16:13 AM
Quote from: Si6776 on July 02, 2011, 04:48:55 AMAlso, I note that the hyperlink button does not produce a popup when using the QR box.  Is this something that could be implemented into future versions?

Will check it out.

Thanks, but it seems as though upgrading to SeaMonkey 2.1 has solved the issue, and now all works as it should on that score.

Antechinus

TBH we don't test in Sea Monkey. It just doesn't have enough of a user base for us to worry about it.

Si6776

For me personally, I find that a little disappointing, as I've used SeaMonkey since it evolved from Netscape, and then Mozilla.  :(

Antechinus

Yes you may, but hardly anyone else does. :)

Anyway, you don't seem to have noticed the lack of testing before so it must all be working. ;)

Si6776

It has up to now.  ;)

SeaMonkey is still being developed alongside Firefox, so it must have a significant user base, or surely, they wouldn't bother?  Out of curiosity, are things tested in Chrome, as that's proved problematic as well.

Antechinus

Yes they are. We test in Chrome, Safari, Opera and Firefox. Usually anything else running Gecko will be ok if FF is ok. We also force ourselves to test in IE. Mind you I wouldn't really call that a browser so it doesn't quite count. ;D

Si6776

I know what you mean about IE.  The newsfader only works in compatibility mode, and on my custom theme, it doesn't work at all in IE.

Advertisement: