News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Registration not possible!

Started by oasiscritter, August 07, 2008, 02:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oasiscritter

hey, i have a problem with my board.

I cant register there. If i click on "registration", i get the following error:

I think it´s a database problem.

So have anybody a idea, or can anybody tell me, which database-tables are required for the registration, to check them. I searched but didnt find.

thx

niko

Any mods installed?

Also Error Log should have Line and Function.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

oasiscritter

Only this update is installed:

SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update

I use SMF 2 beta 3

H

Does the problem occur with the default theme?

Please also check the error log as Niko^ suggested as this can often help us solve the problem quickest :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

oasiscritter

Error:
Wrong value type sent to the database. Array of integers expected.
Function: create_control_verification

Line: 1484

1464:  }
1465: else
1466: {
1467: // Same questions as before.
1468:  $questionIDs = !empty($_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q']) ? $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'] : array();
1469: $thisVerification['text_value'] = !empty($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['code']) ? $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['code']) : '';
1470: }
1471:
1472: // Have we got some questions to load?
1473: if (!empty($questionIDs))
1474: {
1475: $request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
1476: SELECT id_comment, body AS question
1477: FROM {db_prefix}log_comments
1478: WHERE comment_type = {string:ver_test}
1479: AND id_comment IN ({array_int:comment_ids})',
1480: array(
1481: 'ver_test' => 'ver_test',
1482: 'comment_ids' => $questionIDs,
1483: )
==>1484: );
1485: $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'] = array();
1486: while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
1487: {
1488: $thisVerification['questions'][] = array(
1489: 'id' => $row['id_comment'],
1490: 'q' => parse_bbc($row['question']),
1491: 'is_error' => !empty($incorrectQuestions) && in_array($row['id_comment'], $incorrectQuestions),
1492: // Remember a previous submission?
1493: 'a' => isset($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv'], $_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'], $_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'][$row['id_comment']]) ? $smcFunc['htmlspecialchars']($_REQUEST[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'][$row['id_comment']]) : '',

1494: );
1495: $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['q'][] = $row['id_comment'];
1496: }
1497:           $smcFunc['db_free_result']($request);
1498:      }
1499: 
1500: $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['count'] = empty($_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['count']) ? 1 : $_SESSION[$verificationOptions['id'] . '_vv']['count'] + 1;
1501:
1502: // Return errors if we have them.
1503: if (!empty($verification_errors))
1504: return $verification_errors;

I hope it can help you to help me ;)

oasiscritter

I need help pls, have nobody a idea?

青山 素子

Have you tried this?

Quote from: H on August 08, 2008, 03:29:59 PM
Does the problem occur with the default theme?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

oasiscritter

H

As you have no mods installed you can try uploading clean files to the Sources/ and Themes/ directories from an install archive :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

oasiscritter

Quote from: H on August 17, 2008, 06:58:03 AM
As you have no mods installed you can try uploading clean files to the Sources/ and Themes/ directories from an install archive :)

Sry but i dont understand, can you pls explain me that?

thx

SwapsRulez

Download the SMF 2.0 Beta 3 Package. Extract it to a folder. Upload all the files and folders from Sources & Themes directories to your ftp replacing your old files. This will make your board to have clean files from the source without any errors.

H wants to say this. If you need any more help to describe in more details, ask here. :)
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

oasiscritter

ok, but as i said i have the update beta3.1 instaled. Should i upload the files from the new full installation-package which is 3.1 including or the old beta3, from what i installed my board?

thx

H

Just the Sources/ and Themes/ files from the 3.1 install archive :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

oasiscritter

I did it but i get the same error as before, equal what theme i use.

The only explanation is that the problem is in the database. I think the forum was previously in a other directory but I did it to another folder and have changed the links in the database. Could it be that I've forgotten change a link? I am also not sure whether I do it with this board or with my previous one.

MfG

SwapsRulez

Which links you've changed in your database ? Have you moved your forum from one directory to another directory ? Have you applied repair_settings.php after moving your forum ?

AFAIK, the forum path is stored in the settings.php and not in the database. :)

Also, have your installed pretty URL's ?
Project-BB.org : Educational Forum For Engineering, Diploma & Technical Students

The Engineering, Diploma & All technical students lounge for Free Projects, Seminars, Syllabus, Question Papers, College Assignments, Placement Papers, E-Books, Company Information & other technical stuffs.

oasiscritter

1. I changed in :

smf_settings:
attachmentUploadDir
smileys_dir
smileys_url

2. Yes, i think so

3. I cant find the file "repair_settings.php"

4. What do you mean with "pretty Url´s"?

Sorry im from Germany and I cant understand the colloquial language^^

thx for your help

青山 素子

Quote from: oasiscritter on August 19, 2008, 10:57:00 AM
3. I cant find the file "repair_settings.php"

It's on this site, under the downloads area in the tools section. It doesn't come with SMF directly. This script is made to ensure all the important settings get changed.

Quote from: oasiscritter on August 19, 2008, 10:57:00 AM
4. What do you mean with "pretty Url´s"?

It's the name of a modification for SMF. If you were using it, you would probably recognize the name.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

oasiscritter

ok, i used the repair_setting.php and used always the recommended options, but i also not work =(

and i dont have installed "pretty_urls", should I?

thx

oasiscritter

I installed the forum new, but on the same DB, so i used the old tables but that havent any effekt =(

Rumbaar

The current public Repair Settings tool is only for 1.1.x.

Try the file I've attached in this thread:
Moving smf2.x between servers (localhost - domain)
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: