Simple Theme Changer

Started by Fustrate, August 19, 2008, 11:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

Frustrate, great mod! I have two questions in regards to making this compatible with two other mods.

1) Global Headers and Footers Mod
What would the HTML code be to make this work with the global headers/footers mod? If this could be used with GHF then it would be automatically on every theme no matter what since GHF works across themes. It seems pretty straight forward, I just can't seem to figure out how to make it work on plain HTML.

2) I tried adding your code to a SimplePortal PHP block and it gave me the drop down OK, but no theme names were listed for some reason. Any idea on how to make that work? Again, this would be a way to make it work across all current and future themes.

Any help is appreciated.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Fustrate

did you do the index.php code too? That's what loads the theme names... and I've never actually tried the GHF mod, so I have no clue what to do.
Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

KahneFan

index.php code? I used the code that you posted to apply wherever I wanted it to appear.

As for GHF it reads plain HTML, so if this can be coded in html... ?

KahneFan

bullbreedluverz

hi, id like this mod to work for guests and not just for members, can the code be changed to allow guests to use the theme changer? if so what edits need to be made please

KahneFan

Good catch, I never even tested it as a gust. Definitely would be helpful.

bullbreedluverz

Quote from: KahneFan on March 17, 2009, 12:05:08 PM
Good catch, I never even tested it as a gust. Definitely would be helpful.

it is if you got themes you want to show off to people as they dont have to log in then

KahneFan

For now I've just put a notice with login info in the block I added to SimplePortal. You can see it on the top left of my home page.

islam2hamy

Thank you , very good mod ,

Arabic translation :

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.arabic-utf8.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end"></search>
            <add><![CDATA[

$txt['simple_theme_changer_name'] = 'تغيير القالب (الإستايل)';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

please before put the translation in the file be sure that the file encode is UTF-8

Arabic Translator - Web Designer
My Mods / My Themes  //  GfxLand

Afro

Quote from: stikkki on March 17, 2009, 11:53:43 AM
hi, id like this mod to work for guests and not just for members, can the code be changed to allow guests to use the theme changer? if so what edits need to be made please

any news on this,

mine installd fine but it takes members to their profiles when thry select a new theme.
is that normal or fault?

Fustrate

Try upgrading to this one... I'm pretty sure it'll fix everything (and allow guest to change themes, and only show enabled themes)
Steven Hoffman

Afro

Thanks , i tried installing the new one but it stoped loading the themes automatically, i had to switch back to the old one.

how do you set the enabled themes,
i have three themes installed and all of them are showing there

www.afrowall.com

Fustrate

for the new version, you needed to do a hard refresh... ctrl-shift-r or cmd-shift-r because the javascript that switches it is now in an external script file.

Steven Hoffman

bullbreedluverz

ive tried installing the new version on 2.0 rc1 and the themes dont change - ive done the hard refresh and had no errors on install

Fustrate

go to /Themes/default/scripts/script.js and check if there is a theme function at the end of it.
Steven Hoffman

jellie

I have the same thing, the drop down box is there but no matter which theme I choose it doesn't change.

I have checked the script.js file and the theme function is there at the end of it.

I'm using 1.1.8 and default theme.

Fustrate

Have you done a hard refresh (shift-ctrl-r or shift-cmd-r)? If that doesn't work, can you PM me a link to your forum so I can test it out?
Steven Hoffman

sixthofmay

Quote from: jellie on April 30, 2009, 04:10:00 AM
I have the same thing, the drop down box is there but no matter which theme I choose it doesn't change.

I have checked the script.js file and the theme function is there at the end of it.

I'm using 1.1.8 and default theme.

I tried this mod about two weeks ago on a new install and ran into the same issue with v1.1.8. I didn't have Pretty URLs installed yet, so that couldn't have been the issue. I didn't know about the hard refresh, so don't know if that would have cured it. I ended up using the older SMF Quick Theme Changer, and rewrote parts of it to get it to work properly and how I wanted (alpha sort, and with a reset to board defaults option, and working with Pretty URLs too). See page 4 of that mod's thread.

Oh the redirect to the user profile affected that mod too, which was solved.

Fustrate, take a look at how that mod works, might help you track down any issues with yours.

Moto

All i get is a drop down with

Array
Array
Array
Array

no themes to select????

any help would be fantastic..

neteater

Advertisement: