News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Global header/footer in 2.0 Beta?

Started by phishinfool, August 23, 2008, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phishinfool

I have done quite an extensive search here in these forums and on the web as well in an attempt to locate a global header and footer add on for the new 2.0 smf beta platform.
I haven't had any luck, is this going to be an option again on the newer programming?

greyknight17

Since that mod is not updated to work with SMF 2.0 yet, you can manually add your code into the PHP template files. Where exactly do you want to add the header and/or footer?

phishinfool

I had a revolving set of banners above the forum areas and below the forum areas i had another one and also my sitemeter.

I will probably just have to edit the template main inside my dreamweaver i guess.

Rumbaar

Please don't use Dreamweaver, or make sure you do it right.  As GUI packages like that can alter or cause strange artefacts to be included in files that can make them corrupted.  Notepad++ is a good example of quality text editor.

Now yes in your themes index.template.php you can add any HTML you like to where-ever you like.  Adding the code to above the start of the forum in the function template_body_above() and below the code in the function template_body_below().  It's not that hard to do manually.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: