News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

EmailValidator

Started by [SiNaN], August 26, 2008, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

Marcus Forsberg

Mo786

Whats the difference between this and the member activation thing that is already built in SMF?

Apllicmz

Nice mod
update portuguese and brazilian smf 1.1.x and 2.0 beta x support utf8

<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="end" />
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['validateEmail'] = 'Checar registro MX e valida&ccedil;atilde;o de e-mail';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>
    <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.brazilian.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <add><![CDATA[
$txt['validateEmail'] = 'Checar registro MX e valida&ccedil;atilde;o de e-mail';
]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

<file name="$languagedir/Login.portuguese.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="replace"><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas-vindas aos novos membros';]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas-vindas aos novos membros';
$txt['admin_setting_validateEmail'] = 'Checar registro MX e valida&ccedil;atilde;o de e-mail';]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>
    <file name="$languagedir/Login.brazilian.php" error="skip">
        <operation>
            <search position="replace"><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas-vindas aos novos membros';]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas-vindas aos novos membros';
$txt['admin_setting_validateEmail'] = 'Checar registro MX e valida&ccedil;atilde;o de e-mail';]]></add>
        </operation>
    </file>

[SiNaN]

Mo786:

This mod validates the mx records of the email adress provider. If you have a type of activation turned on, you won't need this actually.

joomlamz:

Thanks for the translation.
Former SMF Core Developer | My Mods | SimplePortal

apc73

[SiNaN] how about having a database that the admin can edit for temp emails
etc
http://www.tempemail.net/

There lots lots out there. Stop people using a temp email to reg

[SiNaN]

Not sure what you mean, can you elaborate it?

apc73

Have a look at the site I posted, There are lots like it.
Anyone can make up any temp email and reg on a forum.
etc
You are looking for email that has been sent to [email protected]
There are no messages for [email protected] at this time
or
You are looking for email that has been sent to [SiNaN]@TempEMail.net
or
0 emails received for the [SiNaN]@bugmenot.com account.

There are lots of Anonymous and Temporary email servers out there. If we would make a database up like a blacklist, so people can not use them to reg on a forum

[SiNaN]

InternetMafia

Any plans on making this mod compatible with 1.1.6
Its better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool.

[SiNaN]

It is compatible with 1.1.6. Change the supported versions, thanks for reminding.

BeckzyBoi

Hey there [SiNaN] . Great mod! I previously used it with 1.1.5 but I changed to 2.0 beta4, any chance of making it compatible? (on the mod page it only goes up to beta3)

[SiNaN]

Don't have chance to check it with Beta 4, but most probably, it would work. I'll check it soon though.

BeckzyBoi

jeff_ddaz

Hey all, maybe someone can help me with this....

first off...newbie here, version 2.0 b4...I am setting up the beta while i also have 1.1.7 running...now that i'm ready to make the switch my users cant register....says enter a valid email address...now i know the email is valid...so i tried a different email...same error....since then i've reversed all the coding for the mod and am still getting the same error...please PM for the site as i currently have limited bandwidth and dont want everyone that see's this thread to try to register....please help!!!

[SiNaN]

Send me a link to your forum via pm.

Can you attach your Subs-Members.php file here too?

candidosa2

thank you
when Update dont forget portugues

smf 1.1.x

Quote<file name="$languagedir/Login.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
         <search position="end"><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas vindas aos novos membros';]]></search>
         <add><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas vindas aos novos membros';
$txt['admin_setting_validateEmail'] = 'Verificar registo MX e validar e-mail';]]></add>
      </operation>
   </file>
   <file name="$languagedir/Login.portuguese_brazilian.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
         <search position="end"><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas vindas aos novos membros';]]></search>
         <add><![CDATA[$txt['admin_setting_send_welcomeEmail'] = 'Enviar e-mail boas vindas aos novos membros';
$txt['admin_setting_validateEmail'] = 'Verificar registo MX e validar e-mail';]]></add>
      </operation>
   </file>
   <file name="$languagedir/Login.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
      </operation>
   </file>
   <file name="$languagedir/Login.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
      </operation>
   </file>

smf 2.x

Quote<file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
         <add><![CDATA[
$txt['validateEmail'] = 'Verificar registo MX e validar e-mail';
]]></add>
      </operation>
   </file>
   <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_brazilian.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
         <add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
      </operation>
   </file>
   <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_pt-utf8.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
         <add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
      </operation>
   </file>
   <file name="$languagedir/Modifications.portuguese_brazilian-utf8.php" error="skip">
      <operation>
         <add><![CDATA[
]]></add>
      </operation>
   </file>

unformatted_

thanks for the mod

Its possible to validate the mail alias? ([email protected])

TheMortician4

Quote from: [SiNaN] on August 26, 2008, 08:01:54 PM
Link to Mod

E-mail Validator

This modification adds a validate e-mail feature on registration to prevent people registering on your forums with a fake e-mail adress.

You can turn it on/off from:

Admin Control Panel >> Registration >> Settings

This mod is now 2.0 Beta 3.1 compatible.

-[SiNaN]

I ran this mod with 1.1.9 and it was fantastic...!!! when I upgraded to 1.1.10 it stopped working and now I have no Email validation for my site. Is there an update that I can use that will install as seemlessly as this did that will work with 1.1.10?

DarkValentine

Yes, I agree with the above message. I'm hoping for an update to allow it to be supported on 1.1.10. It would really be much appreciated.

Advertisement: