News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

EmailValidator

Started by [SiNaN], August 26, 2008, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

In case the native version doesn't exist.

Biology Forums

I understand that, but it's not used anywhere in the code. Where is it being called?

I see it now

aegersz

This won't work in SMF 2.0.14 (the search will fail) so you have to adapt the old replace from:

if (empty($regOptions['email']) || preg_match('~^[0-9A-Za-z=_+\-/][0-9A-Za-z=_\'+\-/\.]*@[\w\-]+(\.[\w\-]+)*(\.[\w]{2,6})$~', $regOptions['email']) === 0 || strlen($regOptions['email']) > 255 || (!empty($modSettings['validateEmail']) && smf_domain_exists($regOptions['email']) === false))

to:
        if (empty($regOptions['email']) || filter_var($regOptions['email'], FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL) === false || strlen($regOptions['email']) > 255 || (!empty($modSettings['validateEmail']) && smf_domain_exists($regOptions['email']) === false))

but then i got this:

Database Error: Field 'inactive_mail' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO smf209_members(`member_name`, `email_address`, `passwd`, `password_salt`, `posts`, `date_registered`, `member_ip`, `member_ip2`, `validation_code`, `real_name`, `personal_text`, `pm_email_notify`, `id_theme`, `id_post_group`, `lngfile`, `buddy_list`, `pm_ignore_list`, `message_labels`, `website_title`, `website_url`, `location`, `icq`, `aim`, `yim`, `msn`, `time_format`, `signature`, `avatar`, `usertitle`, `secret_question`, `secret_answer`, `additional_groups`, `ignore_boards`, `smiley_set`, `join_reason`, `openid_uri`, `karma_good`, `karma_bad`, `activation_time`, `is_activated`, `hide_email`, `email_mentions`)
VALUES
('test', '[email protected]', '741c56ee486098ca29defa7a0ba26e7f156f6174', 'e4ec', 0, 1504181456, '192.168.0.110', '192.168.0.110', 'd3e03cc7ce', 'test', 'off-your-Facebook', 1, 0, 4, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'test', '', 100, 0, '0', 0, 1, '1')

... and is FIXED by removing sql_mode=NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES from my.cnf
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Biology Forums

aegersz

Quote from: Stylus on August 31, 2017, 02:15:49 PM
It worked fine for me.

what version are you on please ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Biology Forums

Hi there

I didn't use the package installer, I installed it manually.

If you need help, I can help you with that

aegersz

I got it running but it processed the registration with a bad username but with the right mail server.

not what I hoped for.

Arantor

aegersz

Arantor

Quote from: aegersz on September 01, 2017, 04:16:43 AM
[email protected]

Except that could be a valid user name at Gmail.

The only way, literally, is to send an email. It's not like Gmail publishes a list of valid user names anywhere because the spammers would be all over that.

This mod does exactly what it claims to do, validate that the address is potentially legitimate by verifying it looks like an email address and that it has at least the fundamentals required to receive email.

aegersz

I see. my problem is that so many new registrations get their email address wrong.

I troll through the undelivered mail reports and am amazed at how many people supply invalid email address.

oh well, they could always try again with an alternative. I have 4 email addresses to choose from but it puzzles me that people bother to register but can't get the address right !

Advertisement: