EmailValidator

Started by [SiNaN], August 26, 2008, 08:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AleXit

Quote from: DarkValentine on August 27, 2009, 06:58:15 AM
Yes, I agree with the above message. I'm hoping for an update to allow it to be supported on 1.1.10. It would really be much appreciated.
I quote, too  ;)

Arantor

You should be able to install this on 1.1.10 using Version Emulate Dropdown. It appears to work as intended once installed (having just retested on a fresh 1.1.10)

unformatted_

It's possible to add the feature user must enter email twice during registration?

Topic with manual code, but I don't if works with latest version: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=15760.0

Arantor

vasco, you will get better support in that tip/trick description.

WhatsTheRent

When I try to install I'm being told that it is not compatible with my version of SMF (1.1.11)

just me or is everyone else having the same issue?

thanks

Arantor

Quote from: Arantor on October 15, 2009, 10:47:04 AM
You should be able to install this on 1.1.10 using Version Emulate Dropdown. It appears to work as intended once installed (having just retested on a fresh 1.1.10)

Substitute 1.1.11 for 1.1.10 in the above comment.

dougiefresh

Thank you for the wonderful mod!  I thought I'd let everybody know that when I updated my forum from 2.0 RC5 to 2.0 Gold, I had to reinstall all my mods.  This mod installed without issues and without emulation.  Hope this info helps someone!

Jasonsj10

Does not work at all for me, I Tested it and registered. It didnt even send me a email. I tried to log in to my website and it told me i need to activate my account. Which i cant? i am confused.

Jasonsj10

This is my Error

2: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()

or

Unable to send mail to the email address '[email protected]'

Jasonsj10

dwagg

I am running two forums with v2.0.1.  Both had the EmailValidator v1.0 mod installed yet for some reason today one of the forums started rejecting all registrant e-mails as invalid.  I had to remove the mod in order to allow registrations to resume on that forum.

Jade Elizabeth

This is excellent! Is there a way to make it work when the user changes their email as well?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Sudhakar Arjunan

could anyone explain about this mod.

Other than mx validation. As users requested,will this fix emails verified from spammers and disposable emails.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Ninja ZX-10RR

I installed this mod and when I tried to register with a test account I got this in my error log:
http://vige.altervista.org/forum/index.php?action=register2
8192: Function split() is deprecated
blablah/Sources/Subs-Members.php
Line: 1555
*attached file*
Running smf 2.0.8, no custom themes, a boatload of other mods installed but not many affecting registration, plus no errors during installation nor manual edits.

Hope that somebody will answer, thanks in advance :D
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

margarett

Yeah the mod is pretty old. That is a deprecated function in recent php versions, which means that the mod needs to be recoded on that part, at least.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ouch. Hopefully SiNaN will have a look at it... Another anti-spam mod is always useful ;)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Arantor

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah, I wonder why nobody came here with that error already... Is it that hard to fix? (just to know...)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Important:

The author has updated the mod and it now works with 2.0.8 :D thanks for the update SiNaN! Please bump it next time so we can know ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Biology Forums

smf_checkdnsrr

I don't see a purpose behind this function. Why is it included?

Advertisement: