News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mdk001

As silly as it sounds, my theme now has an empty line at the top where the symbols once were... but that's only for the index page
I swear, all this makes no sense!

In fact, the default theme even shows the same problem being inside the menu as well, but luckily enough it doesn't show with the theme I use
Basically, I managed to hide the symbols but the empty space still takes up the space they're supposed to...

qtime

I cannot see the total of chat members who are active
Call to undefined function getChatOnlineUserIDs() is the error in my apache error log.
Is there something to do?

edit:
I changed the boardindex.php
with:
   //users in chat
   $userIDs = array_unique(getChatOnlineUserIDs());
   if (count($userIDs) > 0){
      $query = "SELECT mem.ID_MEMBER, mem.realName, mem.ID_GROUP, mg.onlineColor, mg.ID_GROUP
       FROM   {$db_prefix}members AS mem
       LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}membergroups AS mg ON
       (mg.ID_GROUP = IF(mem.ID_GROUP = 0, mem.ID_POST_GROUP, mem.ID_GROUP))WHERE ";
      foreach ($userIDs as $ID)
         $query .= 'ID_MEMBER = '. $ID . ' OR ';
      //remove the last OR
      $query = substr($query, 0, strlen($query)-3);

$result = db_query($query, __FILE__, __LINE__);
      $context['chat_links'] = array();
      while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result))
         {
         $link = '<a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=profile;u=' . $row['ID_MEMBER'];
         if($row['onlineColor'] != ""){
            $link.= '" style="color: ' . $row['onlineColor'];
         }
         $link.= '">' . $row['realName'] . '</a>';
         array_push($context['chat_links'], $link);
         }
      mysql_free_result($result);
      }

and the error is away, but still can not see the total, it's says:No user is in chat.

Snow Keld

i love this mod, after much hard work i got my forum to look like this [nofollow]

felt compelled to show it to you all, many other mods, most obvious is simple portal.

but i'm posting back again cuz i find the timeout very annoying, how can you extend it to like 1h or something?

(cross my fingers that its not the same as forum timeout, cuz it should stay low, and chat needs to be long.)

Mystery?

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on February 07, 2009, 11:49:42 AM
@sdodc09
place a link to your forum please

@Mdk001
happy to hear you solved your problem

@Mystery?
of curse it is possible
open:
chat\lib\config.php
and set these setting to your desired values:

// Allow/Disallow users to change their userName (Nickname):
$config['allowNickChange'] = true;
// Changed userNames should be distinguished by either a prefix or a suffix or both (no whitespace):
$config['changedNickPrefix'] = '(';
// Changed userNames should be distinguished by either a prefix or a suffix or both (no whitespace):
$config['changedNickSuffix'] = ')';

What should I change them to?
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

mrtrc266

Quote from: Snow Keld on February 07, 2009, 06:04:06 PM
i love this mod, after much hard work i got my forum to look like this

felt compelled to show it to you all, many other mods, most obvious is simple portal.

but i'm posting back again cuz i find the timeout very annoying, how can you extend it to like 1h or something?

(cross my fingers that its not the same as forum timeout, cuz it should stay low, and chat needs to be long.)

In your /chat/lib/config.php find
// Minutes until a user is declared inactive (last status update) - the minimum is 2 minutes:

And right below that change the settings to what you'd like.

Snow Keld

thank you vry much :D

quite simple.

Jiveturkey

So what's the best way to delete all of the changes that I had to make to install this?  I found another chat solution that I plan on using.

I uploaded a backup copy of my forum from 3 days ago but this mod was still in there.  It also looks like a lot of the code changes were still in there.

mrtrc266

Quote from: Jiveturkey on February 07, 2009, 08:09:07 PM
So what's the best way to delete all of the changes that I had to make to install this?  I found another chat solution that I plan on using.

I uploaded a backup copy of my forum from 3 days ago but this mod was still in there.  It also looks like a lot of the code changes were still in there.

If some of the code got stuck in there you should use a Package Parser and remove everything manually especially from your custom themes

Jiveturkey

I've been going back through and make the changes listed there and now I'm getting this error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home1/coasterc/public_html/smf_forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 655

Any thoughts?

Jiveturkey

Line 655 is the very end of the file.

Everything on the admin end works, I only get that error when I click home to view the actual forum.

ohioreef

I really hate to do this....I thought the forum was up and running fine with the chat and it is unless you access for a mobile device. When accessing from a mobile device you get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getchatonlineuserids() in /homepages/7/d162731726/htdocs/forum/Sources/BoardIndex.php on line 531

Any suggestions?

.HuNTeR.

@Jiveturkey
i checked your site
you are using another chat system
this mod is for AjaxChat only

@qtime
are you trying to install the mod manually?
what you mean when you said??: "I changed the boardindex.php"

@Mystery?
$config['allowNickChange'] = false;
and the users can't change their nick names

@Jiveturkey
probably you missed a }
attach your boardindex.php here and we correct it for you

@ohioreef
download the 2.2.1 version this bug patched

ttuu

which file(s) change from 2.2.0 to 2.2.1?

ohioreef

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on February 08, 2009, 06:39:11 AM
@ohioreef
download the 2.2.1 version this bug patched

I had to manually install this mod with the help of mrtrc266. I installed the latest version as of a couple days ago. Is 2.2.1 newer than that?

What changes do I need to make?

ohioreef

Is the only change in the boardindex.php file? I found that change, made it and wireless access is back.

I found:

if (!defined('WIRELESS')) {

EXISTING CODE

}

I made the change above and now the list of users in the chat room is no longer showing up beneath the users online list. Did I miss some changes?

Kyrislian

I've installed the chat and the integration and everything works beautifully. The one problem I have though is that normal users cannot access the chatroom. What I want it to do is to only allow registered users, but not to guests.

Help please? ^^

.HuNTeR.

sorry 2.2.1 version is just bad coding and not fixing any problem and just make new ones
sorry again
i just made a new version with some new feature and also bug in wireless mode fixed

i think it is a bad news for you ohioreef because lots of codes changed

added feature:
shoutbox on all pages feature added.
open chat in a new pop up window.

@Kyrislian
first if you are using 2.2.1 use newer version 2.3
and you should give them chat access from permission

Kyrislian

Thanks for the speedy reply, Hunter! I totally forgot about the permissions bit XD

ttuu

i want update version from 2.2 to 2.3
u can tel me which file(s) change from 2.2 to 2.3

DakOon

Advertisement: