AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3CHN0

Quote from: pixeleyes on November 15, 2011, 11:40:47 AM
Yes I have already .....

Only got below one so don't know if this work or not.

If you get a Connection  Status: 0 error from time to time it's harmless and you can stop it from showing
Open chat/js/chat.js
Find
Quotethis.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus ' this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
Replace with
Quoteif (this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status != 0) {
this.addChatBotMessageToChatList('/error ConnectionStatus ' this.getHttpRequest(identifier).status);
}
You will not find in FAQ the answer to connection error 502 because there is no post on this error apart from your own
this looks like a self hosted site error. maybe have a look at this site and see if it enlightens you as to what the problem could be.

hcfwesker

Ok, I'm back, and this continues on about getting a custom group color in the chat while giving them chad mod powers, but NOT changing their color to green.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg3157550#msg3157550

I tried removing all .moderator statements that changed chat mod members to green.  this didn't work.  I tried creating two new custom member groups with different colors, gibing them both chat mod permissions, bu heir colors always remained the same.

Let me ask this. 

How can I had a custom user group to have chat mod permissions, WITHOUT making them green in the chat.  I've tried several different angles, and just couldn't get it to work properly.

maryclare

I installed Ajax Chat 3.2.1 with SMF 1.15.  I get a successful installation.  I have 2 problems

1. Only Admin can post, not Regular Members.
2. Admin panel has no text boxes describing the features (there are 6 check boxes) , pic attached.

I have checked Permissions and read all over the forums but have not found a fix, 4 pics attached.

Notice how the text does not appear in the Admin or permission panel.

Any help will be appreciated!

TheListener

Is English the forums language?

The top 3 boxes are related to the shoutbox the lower  3 the chatroom.

If you only use the chat then tick the lower 3.

maryclare

Yes, English is the Language.  However, when I upgraded to 1.15, there was a problem with the language directories, and from a post on her, I bypassed it, step 0 to step 1 I think it was, I can search for that post, but my language files I believe are at 1.13. 

T3CHN0

Quote from: maryclare on November 15, 2011, 10:38:58 PM
Yes, English is the Language.  However, when I upgraded to 1.15, there was a problem with the language directories, and from a post on her, I bypassed it, step 0 to step 1 I think it was, I can search for that post, but my language files I believe are at 1.13.
I fail to see how a good install with no errors was successful on adding info to an english php file and then not work. but that's beside the point.
I don't know if this can help you out for now until you work it out but here are the settings layout for 2.0.1
the last 2 images you show are for TP I believe.

maryclare

Thank you.

I installed from Admin Package in the forum w/o errors.  (Have removed and reinstalled several times.)

Do you have any suggestions why Regular members cannot post and only Admin users can?

Are you suggesting I try to update the language files?

Or are you suggesting I upgrade to SMF 2.0?  (I tried that once (WebInstall) and it failed miserably so I quickly restored to 1.15)

Would it help if I shared my subs.php or ssi.php or any other data file?

I've been pulling my hair out for days on this.  Had the same issue when I enabled the TP Shout w/o Ajax.  Only Admin could post...

T3CHN0

Quote from: maryclare on November 15, 2011, 11:06:57 PM
Thank you.

I installed from Admin Package in the forum w/o errors.  (Have removed and reinstalled several times.)

Do you have any suggestions why Regular members cannot post and only Admin users can?

Are you suggesting I try to update the language files?

Or are you suggesting I upgrade to SMF 2.0?  (I tried that once (WebInstall) and it failed miserably so I quickly restored to 1.15)

Would it help if I shared my subs.php or ssi.php or any other data file?

I've been pulling my hair out for days on this.  Had the same issue when I enabled the TP Shout w/o Ajax.  Only Admin could post...
I sent you a PM, Sounds like member permissions again...

maryclare

Could it be a CHMOD permissions Issue?  As I look at the various directories in the forum, they are all over the map, and I see several files called  xxx.php~ in addition to the xxx.php file

I'll be happy to share my screen with you if that would help.

Or should I consider backing up the db and the forum, then deleting everything and start from scratch?

I'd really like to get it working and I don't think I'm that far away.

T3CHN0

xxx.php~ in addition to the xxx.php are backups of the file before installing the last mod. only effective if you know what files
were edited by the last mod installed in the case of a forum crash you can restore to last point. but if you have allot of mods installed
and allot of xxx.php~ then do not go replacing them all as that will screw your forum up. I don't think you need to rebuild but if
you think you will move passed this problem by doing so! then that's your call.
as for chmod permissions, if your chat is working for admins then the chmod settings are fine.

TheListener

SuperBrian91

Hi, I am new here so I hope someone can help me.

I installed the AJAX a few days ago and work perfect with the default theme, but I installed a new theme the other day Decal by Runic and now the list of users in chat isn't showing at the bottom of the index page of the forum just under the list of online users. It must be a problem with the theme because it works fine will all the default themes with SMF 2.0.

So I am just wondering is there anyway to edit the code somewhere to fix this problem? Thanks

Oh and one other thing, is it possible to change the title of the chat as standard is says "AJAX Chat" can this be changed to something else like the name of my site?

Thanks in advance....by the way I'm new to SMF so they is all alien and new to me.  :)

T3CHN0

Quote from: SuperBrian91 on November 16, 2011, 05:35:30 PM
Hi, I am new here so I hope someone can help me.

I installed the AJAX a few days ago and work perfect with the default theme, but I installed a new theme the other day Decal by Runic and now the list of users in chat isn't showing at the bottom of the index page of the forum just under the list of on-line users. It must be a problem with the theme because it works fine will all the default themes with SMF 2.0.

So I am just wondering is there anyway to edit the code somewhere to fix this problem? Thanks
Uninstall and reinstall the mod and include your theme on install should fix that for you. if not then can you upload your index.template.php from you theme.
Keep in mind as well that you need to select your theme now and stay with it. if you in time have installed 10 mods and decide you want a new theme! you will need to remove and reinstall all the mods again or edit the themes php files your self with the missing code.
Oh and one other thing, is it possible to change the title of the chat as standard is says "AJAX Chat" can this be changed to something else like the name of my site?

Thanks in advance....by the way I'm new to SMF so they is all alien and new to me.  :)
The Ajax Chat you are talking about is when you click on the CHAT button and you see Ajax Chat in bit text! would this be the one you are talking about?
yes it can be done but note sure how... I will have to have a look a bit later when I have more time.

cheers

TheListener

The Ajax Chat you are talking about is when you click on the CHAT button and you see Ajax Chat in bit text! would this be the one you are talking about?
yes it can be done but note sure how... I will have to have a look a bit later when I have more time.

cheers

The LoggedIn and Logged out files are the ones you want.

I have attached my loggedin file and hopefully you should see where I have changed my rooms name to Change me. This is where your forum name goes.

T3CHN0

Hello Brack1
trying to download your loggedin.html with FireFox and it keeps trying to download index.php instead.
I tried the download with IE and the download works with the correct file. Something weird happening with firefox and SMF
downloads all over the SMF boards FireFox doesn't seam to like downloading the attachments with there correct name.

I see your edit in the /chat/lib/template/loggedin.html
find
<h1>[LANG]title[/LANG]</h1>
change it to             <h1>your forum name</h1>
nice work

TheListener

maryclare

Quote from: T3CHN0 on November 16, 2011, 07:12:04 PM
Hello Brack1
trying to download your loggedin.html with FireFox and it keeps trying to download index.php instead.
I tried the download with IE and the download works with the correct file. Something weird happening with firefox and SMF
downloads all over the SMF boards FireFox doesn't seam to like downloading the attachments with there correct name.

I see your edit in the /chat/lib/template/loggedin.html
find
<h1>[LANG]title[/LANG]</h1>
change it to             <h1>your forum name</h1>
nice work

Is the above for changing the Chat Title?

hcfwesker

yes, it'll change the title from "Ajax Chat" up top in the main chat, to whatever you want it to be

RCmod

T3CHN0

Well I tried 3 things. I disabled guest in config as well as in admin panel (which it already was) and the user names turning into numbers after the cookie has expired still remains. I tried your index file and the shout box appeared correctly but I was unable to send posts to the shout.

I removed the yahoo BBC mod and the issue with having to have the courser active in the send txt box or no updates still remains.

Going through the FAQ I did notice the option to disable the error message status 0. We get this a lot in the shout I have disables the message but I wonder if there is more to this error that is causing our issues.

Also a lot of times when you type in the send txt box it never gets sent to the shout. Does this maybe help with diagnosing the issues?

Thanks

T3CHN0

Quote from: RCmod on November 18, 2011, 06:19:09 PM
T3CHN0

Well I tried 3 things. I disabled guest in config as well as in admin panel (which it already was) and the user names turning into numbers after the cookie has expired still remains. I tried your index file and the shout box appeared correctly but I was unable to send posts to the shout.

I removed the yahoo BBC mod and the issue with having to have the courser active in the send txt box or no updates still remains.

Going through the FAQ I did notice the option to disable the error message status 0. We get this a lot in the shout I have disables the message but I wonder if there is more to this error that is causing our issues.

Also a lot of times when you type in the send txt box it never gets sent to the shout. Does this maybe help with diagnosing the issues?

Thanks
I am note real sure what else you could do with 1.1.15. I only use 2.0 my self but was just trying to help.
I did ask another to try installing the AjaxChat 3.2.1 then downloading the 3.2.2b one and extracting the contents
then using it's folders /chat and /shoutbox replacing the one from in the install on 3.2.1 and changing all the files chmod
permissions to 755 and not just the index.php file. this fixed the problem for them with not being able to chat as a normal member
I know that chatting as a normal member isn't what your problem is but might be worth just giving it a go all the same.
the config file will need editing again as well, but remember what ever edits you do in the /chat folder also need to be done
in the /shoutbox folder.

Advertisement: