AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schachazubi

Quote from: hcfwesker on January 16, 2012, 07:29:44 AM
Updated FABridge.js file attached in post.  It's the update recently released.  Fixes issue with Chrome users in chat, newer messages don't update at the bottom, forcing most to have to scroll down.

Upload to chat/js folder

Great, many many thanks!

mistereu

i have issue with my board

Unable to load the 'shout_above' template.

i try to make rever installation now i do not know where to go from other than uninstall it all

mistereu

i manage with a little bit of reading, and manual parse, also change the advance installation, i finalley got ajax chat installed with ..smf.  how ever i post below a picture of my issue .  running smf 2.0.7

how do i change the AJAXChat Tittel ? in left and on the tab ?

maybe some one can tell me whats going on and why it's telling me that thing ? , it only happend's when i log on to the chat-

hcfwesker

its an issue with ajax and google chrome.  search 'chrome' in this topics search bar up top and it should pull up a post by me with the file you need to remove that popup error.  i think someone linked to my post on the previous page.

PPZ-01

I moved forum to a new hosting provider, which has newer php version than the old server, and now I run into a problem.

I have an error:

Quote8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead

It si supposed that I should modify file /chat/lib/class/AJAXChatTemplate.php , specifficaly line 55:

// Replace template tags ([TAG/] and [TAG]content[/TAG]) and return parsed template content:
$this->_parsedContent = preg_replace($this->_regExpTemplateTags, '$this->replaceTemplateTags(\'$1\', \'$2\')', $this->_parsedContent);

Did anyone do this already?
    How modification should look like?

Thanks.

br360

5.3 to 5.4 I'm guessing? This happened to me a couple of times with some different mods when I went to 5.4. Try this, as it should work-

Find this in that code you posted:
preg_replace

change to-

preg_replace_callback

PPZ-01

It's 5.4 to php 5.5, and I get error in log because of this...

I am not sure it is so simple just to replace preg_replace with preg_replace_callback as it have different syntax.
   That's why I asked here.
   I will try it ofcourse, and post results.

furniture1234uk

AjaxChat Integration
    1. Online Users section.
    2. Beside of chat button.
    3. Below of total time logged in.
    number 2 and 3 can disabled.

yemliha24

Managers can see shoutbox,

not by regular members.

everyone appears shoutbox ???

how do I

RicochetPeter

Hi folks,

it seems the author has been away from simplecmachines.org for more than a year. I wrote him a PM which he doesn't necessarily read.

Is anyone willing/able to pick up this project and update it for current version(s) of SMF?

Cheers,
chefle

RicochetPeter

Quote from: RicochetPeter on April 17, 2014, 01:59:55 PM
Hi folks,

it seems the author has been away from simplecmachines.org for more than a year. I wrote him a PM which he doesn't necessarily read.

Is anyone willing/able to pick up this project and update it for current version(s) of SMF?

Cheers,
chefle

Never mind, folks, the creator of AjaxChat has an SMF bridge version, which is fairly simple to set up.

medicMe

Yeah, I'm experimenting with the creator's bridge version right now. Easy to setup and use. :)

Has anyone here integrated AJAX-Chat into a load balanced SMF setup? Any pointers on how that works best?

AJAX-Chat is really resource hungry per user, I filled a room with ~20 active users and another 10-20 lurkers (users not logged in, but hitting the chat links) and the additional memory that Apache2 and MySQL needed brought an AWS t1.micro instance to it's knees.

I'm going to toss more hardware at the problem, just trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this.. beefier server, dedicated chat server slaved to the main web server, or load balanced across two cheaper servers.. .. mm.. choices.

Impsat-1

Wow... Hey Guys, any version for SMF 2.0.7? please...

Thanks & Regards 8).-
Vive Cáda Momento De Tu Vida Como Si Fueras a Irte Mañana, Más Planificala Cómo Si Jamás Fueras a Irte ;).-

TheListener

Quote from: Impsat-1 on April 25, 2014, 11:07:08 PM

Thanks & Regards 8).-

Please read the previous posts in the topic.

Also drop the bold. It is not necessary.

Impsat-1

Quote from: Old Fossil on April 25, 2014, 11:08:40 PM
Quote from: Impsat-1 on April 25, 2014, 11:07:08 PM

Thanks & Regards 8).-

Please read the previous posts in the topic.

Also drop the bold. It is not necessary.

Mmm... No SOLUTIONS the Bold for me If Necessary, Thanks For nothing...

Have a Great Time
Thanks & Regards 8)
Vive Cáda Momento De Tu Vida Como Si Fueras a Irte Mañana, Más Planificala Cómo Si Jamás Fueras a Irte ;).-

MarkJ

I've worked out a way to display a 'User Is Typing' message.  Messy coding but it does work  :) .

http://toffs.club/index.php/topic,591.0.html

Users Typing Message

Updated the above post now with an embedded shoutbox so you can see the 'User is Typing' message in action.

Eathuis

I'm hoping this eventually will be compatible with 2.0.8!

br360

I have it on a 2.0.8. site and it works fine. You just have to emulate to SMF 2.0 RC3 when you try to upload the package.

Edit- Actually, version 3.2.2b (attached) should work with 2.0.8 without even having to emulate.

Nark0t1k

Quote from: br360 on August 28, 2014, 06:51:43 PM
I have it on a 2.0.8. site and it works fine. You just have to emulate to SMF 2.0 RC3 when you try to upload the package.

Edit- Actually, version 3.2.2b (attached) should work with 2.0.8 without even having to emulate.

Can you explain how did you setup it on 2.0.8 ???

br360

Honestly, I didn't really have to do anything other than install the 3.2.2b version. I downloaded using 2.0.8, didn't have to emulate, and it installed without errors.

Advertisement: