News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filipina

Quote from: berrylife on March 20, 2009, 04:45:56 PM
i did same as you for version 3 and i still get the error 500 :(

Everything is cool for me with permissions except the shoutbox... getting this eror and i have checked all permissions on all files so i am scratcvhing me head now :)

ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500

mrtrc266

@ Filipina did you try Mysterys suggestion?

Cheese Head

Hi All, would love to use this Mod on my SMF Version 2 RC1 forum.

I'm not that IT literate, I've tried doing the auto install from Menu's Admin > Main > Download Packages > Browse > New Feature > Download, but get error message "An Error Has Occurred!" "Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty . . .".

Is something wrong or can you only do a manual install?

Thanks for support/advice . . . John.

Vekseid

Manually installing Ajaxchat works better, in my opinion. One less mod : )
Adult Role Playing Forums - - Over five million posts - - Elliquiy's LAMP configuration (maybe NSFW)

Blog about Forums and Servers - - Twenty things to make Simple Machines Forum go faster

Private/Instant Message requests for free support will be ignored.

Filipina

Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 20, 2009, 08:21:00 PM
@ Filipina did you try Mysterys suggestion?

Hi mrtrc266! Do you mean the 755? I think I have double checked every file and they are all 755. I think this is something simple but cannot figure it out?  :)

Filipina

oh sorry i missed the shoutbox folder all fixed now thanks!

heinandar

Hi. Hunter

This is a part of code to add new group in ajaxchat for phpbb3

I can't configure this part. Below is for phpbb3

$userData['groupID'] = $user->data['group_id'];

if($auth->acl_get('a_')) {
                $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_ADMIN;
            } elseif($auth->acl_get('m_')) {
                $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_MODERATOR;
            }    else {
                // Check if we have a member of our custom user group
                if($userData['groupID'] == 7)
                    $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_VIP;
                else
                    $userData['userRole'] = AJAX_CHAT_USER;
            }

original source code link is here

http://ajax-chat.wiki.sourceforge.net/phpBB3+custom+user+group

I want to know that, can i add that code to SMF? if this is possible, pls help me :D :D :D

[unplugged]

Quote from: Cheese Head on March 20, 2009, 08:38:08 PM
Hi All, would love to use this Mod on my SMF Version 2 RC1 forum.

I'm not that IT literate, I've tried doing the auto install from Menu's Admin > Main > Download Packages > Browse > New Feature > Download, but get error message "An Error Has Occurred!" "Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty . . .".

Is something wrong or can you only do a manual install?

Thanks for support/advice . . . John.

I had this same issue. Unzip the package to any spot on your computer. Then simply "rezip" it into a new zip file, upload the new one, and try again from the package manager (that worked for me).

Now if I could just get the chat working....... :P
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

berrylife

Quote from: Mystery? on March 20, 2009, 06:21:04 PM
Quote from: berrylife on March 20, 2009, 04:45:56 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on March 17, 2009, 01:44:41 AM
@ Filipina  and Mystery

For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 just looking though my file permissions it seems that all my "Folders" are set @ 755 and all my "Files" are set @ 666.

For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 2 my "Folders" are set @ 755 and all my "Files" are set @ 644.

i did same as you for version 3 and i still get the error 500 :(

I changed the permission to 755 for index.php and it worked. Try it.

excellent that did it for me thanks very much!!

Rex Zac

hm, when user chat in shoutbox, then go on example forum,  and then dont click back on chat in shoutbox, he is not updated untill user dont click in box to write msg (shoutbox only), can this be somehow auto update, without this - it look like timeout in shoutbox?

some users might ting no one is on chat cos of that, and when they click text box to send msg, they get like 10 rows of chat

mrtrc266

@ Cheese Head  Delete the package from you server then upload it again.

discjocke

I had some questions from some of my moderators, about items on the forum. My forum menu shows the word "Chat", but one of my moderators shows only "(1)".

I also logged in on a temporary test log in, and I don't see anything as the moderator does. There's a Shoutbox, but no option on the menu for a pop-up chat box. I checked the settings and all looks ok.

Is there some sort of manual on how to manage the chat? here's what my moderator's seeing. Also shows a "1." next to his avatar.

mrtrc266

Quote from: SunKingNow if I could just get the chat working....... :P

Have you tried setting the file permissions, I know you're not getting the 500 error but it might be worth a shot.

mrtrc266

@ discjocke

I just went to your site and everywhere it's supposed to show the Number of User in Chat it just shows the number. It was working fine the other day right? Have you installed any more Mods?

I have to run to work but will take a look when I get back if you don't get it sorted.

WindsorLive!

I think I have read all 46 pages of thei tread and it only gets more confusing.

If I may, please specify the exact way to start from scratch. Do ya use the mod or do ya install the ajax chat from sourceforge first?

I just installed the mod and got it working but am having some issues that are probably solved with the correct starting point.

Can you load the chat room into the shoutbox, or am I way off?

I also wonder if I can dump the chat and only leave the shoutbox. For some reason I thought the posts were integrated from the shoutbox to the chat room.

It is a very cool mod and it seems nice. I like the previous post with regards to the accessibility aspect which is why I would like to utilize this mod. I just would like to customize it a little bit.

And btw: Happy Spring Everyone!

Personal Endevour:
Local Community Resources and Web Accessibility Portal
http://windsorlive.com and http://forum.windsorlive.com

Alter ego's site: Local Adult Entertainment Guide
http://xxxwindsor.com and http://fanzone.xxxwindsor.com