AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: Filipina on March 28, 2009, 03:39:56 PM
Quote// Defines if sounds are played:
   audio: true,

Changed to false and I have confirmed this does not shut off the sound. I tried to turn it off as well but it keeps on making noises :)

Users have to option to turn off the sound in the Chat Room by toggling the "Sound on/off" icon in the bottom right hand side of the Chat Room.

To disable the sound from coming into the Shoutbox try this.

Open yourforum/shoutBox/lib/template/shoutbox.html

Find
ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink');

Replace with
ajaxChatConfig.settings.audio = false;
ajaxChatConfig.nonPersistentSettings.push('autoFocus','autoScroll','wordWrap','maxWordLength','blink','audio');

If that doesn't work try doing the same edit in your yourforum/chat/lib/template/shoutbox.html file as well

mrtrc266

Quote from: Jiveturkey on March 28, 2009, 11:07:00 PM
That's strange.  I'm in there along with some others.

Here's the main page http://www.coastercommunity.com/  See if you can click on the forum button from there.

Here's a different link for the forum http://coastercommunity.com/smf_forum/

Using Firefox I was able to get to your site, just not in IE....weird.

Anyway when I clicked on your chat button this is the error I got...

"Link Error
Sorry, but the content you requested could not be found.  Recent site upgrades have broken a lot of our external links.  Below are some popular areas that should get you closer to what you were looking for.

Home Page CLICK HERE

Construction Photos CLICK HERE

Park Photos CLICK HERE

Forums CLICK HERE"

The AJAX Chat intergration files are in your /coastercommunity.com/smf_forum/  directory?

Jiveturkey

I'm not sure what you mean???  I installed it just like any other mod through the package install.  I then made the necessary changes to the code that's listed on the manual install page.

Should I unpack the AjaxChat Integration zip that I downloaded from the modifications page into a new folder in my SMF directory?  Would I put it in the new Chat or Shoutbox folder or make a new folder for it?

ricorico

@MRTC

yeah my host puts an ad on every page, but its usually at the bottom of every page, however since the chat.php has no like head or anything and just java or whatever it is its showing up right on top of everything instead of at the bottom. i mean its liternalyl in the center of the chatroom.

Killer-B

Wow soooo many posts, I can't keep up...

I've asked this once before - and not sure if I got a straight answer - so will kindly ask again -

My Chat works FINE! :-)

But......

Can someone tell me (or lead me / show me) how I can get it to show across the TOP of my PORTAL page all the time?

I've posted about it on my portal site several times, and get no response... But would really like to have that avaible for the next race -

www.f-1chat.com (feel free to make a dummy account) but the "Chat tab shows in the portal just fine... and works fine... Just need a way to display it on the main portal page - Any ideas?

Thanks so much!!

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

mrtrc266

@ Killer, you're right there are TONS of posts and it's hard to keep up on this end too, sorry if your issue got buried.

I just created an account at your site and I don't the shoutbox at all. Either you don't have it enabled or it's not installed on your custom theme, or i don't have permission LOL. It will have to be across the top of ALL pages, at this time the only options are to have it on the Board Index Page or ALL pages.

To enable it and or add it to your cusom theme, follow the instructions here...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1981766#msg1981766

I'm running SMF RC1 and Simple Portal 2.1.1 just like you and it works great.

Hope that helps.

mrtrc266

@ ricorico Sorry but I'm clueless ???

Killer-B

Thanks MM -

Will check out that other post... and actually, I just tried logging in as a moderator - and it wouldnt allow me access to chat... soooooo - back the drawing board :-(

FWIW - *I* see "Chat" across all tabs on all pages as ADMIN and can get into Ajax with no problem...

but as Moderator (account) I can't... I have all the Chat boxes checked "on"... so - like I just said, I need to read that other thread and maybe that'll solve the problem -

Thanks for the response...

KB
SMF 2.0RC1

Jiveturkey

Quote from: Jiveturkey on March 29, 2009, 12:49:51 AM
I'm not sure what you mean???  I installed it just like any other mod through the package install.  I then made the necessary changes to the code that's listed on the manual install page.

Should I unpack the AjaxChat Integration zip that I downloaded from the modifications page into a new folder in my SMF directory?  Would I put it in the new Chat or Shoutbox folder or make a new folder for it?
I've tried looking around for a solution to this but I'm still stuck. 

mrtrc266

Quote from: Jiveturkey on March 29, 2009, 12:32:58 PM
Quote from: Jiveturkey on March 29, 2009, 12:49:51 AM

I've tried looking around for a solution to this but I'm still stuck.

Try switching to your default theme and see if it works there. If not I would uninstall and then reinstall via your package manager and then once again try it in your default theme, if it works after that do the edits for your custom theme.

Jiveturkey

I'm using the default theme.

Jiveturkey

I get these errors when I go to uninstall it.

1.     Execute Modification     ./Sources/BoardIndex.php     Test failed
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test failed
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/style.css    Test successful
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.persian.php    Skipping file
12.    Delete Tree    ./chat    
13.    Delete Tree    ./shoutBox    

Jiveturkey

I did notice that the MySQL tables are empty for all of the chat and shoutbox.

Is that involved?

geminiguy

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on March 14, 2009, 08:49:05 AM
@Killer-B
supporting simple Portal and tiny Portal will add but i need some time

@discjocke
in new version package manager will do all the things
the only thing you should do is manually add some code in BoardIndex.template.php
and
index.template.php
only in third party themes
no upload/download or file running only upload in package manager and smf package manager
will do the rest ;)

@SmokyBlue
I've seen this problem before on 3rd party themes
you should go to
chat/lib/config.php
and
shoutBox/lib/config.php

and change:
$config['contentType'] = null;
to
$config['contentType'] = "text/html";
in both files
i think this will fix XML Parsing Error

and for what Killer-B said
((all of previous version's of this mod has a manual installation part
but in new version i changed it and now the package manager do all the needed parts))

@filipes
did you gave them chat access permission?
This part I put in placed in parenthasis should be stickied, it is a lot to go through all these posts to find this part out. (I should also learn how to spell parenthesis, haha)
Anyway, I installed this mod via the manager on my smf. 1.1.8 forum and get no option for chat in my configuration/features & options page?
I get no chat button in the header tabs
I have the box at the top of the forums main page, but get the error "(12:51:30) ChatBot: Error: Connection status: 500" ?
Can I get some help with these issues? the url is www.linuxgraphicsusers.com I am going to go back and set permissions now (if the chat option is there I don;t know if it is or not yet)
I love this mod and would really love to get it up n runnin for my wonderful members who have been waiting so patiently.. And also.. Thank you so much for updating this mod... it is great and I am sure it works fine.. I just have to know the steps to get it 100%

geminiguy

OK, I'm sorry but, I'm not very technically skilled.. :P
I looked in both the chat and shoutbox /index.php files via the list files in admin.. I do not see where the 755 comes in?
Is this something I need to look at through my cpanel for the hosting service? :) getting into my ftp?
sorry for being a pain in the butt

mrtrc266

That is exaclty correct, you can do it through a FTP app or through your cpanel, you should see the options for "file permissions" or CHMOD.

geminiguy

OK... yeehaa.. I figured it out... went to my cpanel, got into the ftp and edited the chat and shoutbox index.php permissions That was easy enough :P

Now I will get to figuring out all the other stuff.

Thanks for pointing me to that post mrtrc266... I will come back if I have anymore questions... Thanks. ;)

.HuNTeR.

@Killer-B
in next version compatibility with simpleportal and tinyportal will add to the mod ;)
just wait until next release

Advertisement: