AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[unplugged]

You need to go into the chat folder itself probably located at http://ajezz.ifastnet.com/chat/index.php and attach that index.php to this thread please.

When changing your URL from http://ajezz.ifastnet.com///chat/index.php to a valid URL like http://ajezz.ifastnet.com/chat/index.php the error changes to: Line Number 98, Column 3.

The error itself is just saying that the </noscript> should be a </html>, which is usually caused by open tags or unneeded closing tags.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

dzinerfusion

hi just want to make sure I get this right. Can anyone tell me where I put this code, cause there are 2 of it in my custom theme!

echo '
</ul>';

Add before:

if ($modSettings['enableChatBelowPM']){
$count = count(chatOnlineUsers());
if ($count == 0 )
echo '<br />' . $txt['chat_no_user'];
elseif ($count == 1 )
  echo '<br />  1' . $txt['chat_aUser']. '.<br />';
else
  echo '<br /> ' . $count. $txt['chat_users']. '<br />';
}
$num = ($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo']) ? $count : 0;
$context['menu_buttons']['chat']['title'] .= ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '';
if ($modSettings['chatPopUp']){
$context['menu_buttons']['chat']['href'] .= '" onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;';
echo '
<script type="text/javascript">
          function openWindow(url,width,height,options,name) {
          width = width ? width : 800;
            height = height ? height : 600;
              options = options ? options : \'resizable=yes\';
              name = name ? name : \'openWindow\';
              window.open(
              url,
              name,
              \'screenX=\'+(screen.width-width)/2+\',screenY=\'+(screen.height-height)/2+\',width=\'+width+\',height=\'+height+\',\'+options
              )
          }
</script>';
}

ajes

Quote from: SunKing on June 10, 2009, 11:16:02 PM
You need to go into the chat folder itself probably located at http://ajezz.ifastnet.com/chat/ [nofollow]index.php and attach that index.php to this thread please.

When changing your URL from http://ajezz.ifastnet.com [nofollow]///chat/index.php to a valid URL like http://ajezz.ifastnet.com/chat/index.php [nofollow] the error changes to: Line Number 98, Column 3.

The error itself is just saying that the </noscript> should be a </html>, which is usually caused by open tags or unneeded closing tags.

the file index that i have attach is from chat directory bro.

[unplugged]

If you can link me to your site and set up a temporary admin account, I can see if I can fix it for you that way. I see you use net2ftp, which really sucks in my opinion. I have to do workarounds every single time net2ftp is used. There are plenty of fantastic FREE FTP programs out there. I use FireFTP which is a FireFox plugin. Anyway, the file you have attached, unfortunately, is of no use whatsoever. It's not your fault, bud. It's the software.  :P

EDIT: I guess I could use the link from the error to get to your site. ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

[unplugged]

@blue

Is the Online Users number showing twice? If so, then you can just remove whichever one you don't want. You don't have to have it in there at all. I don't.

[unplugged]

ummm...you don't need to post all of that info in here.  :P

You probably want to edit that out.

[unplugged]

PLEASE EDIT ALL OF THAT INFO OUT!!

Oh...and your chat works now. ;)

ajes

Quote from: SunKing on June 11, 2009, 01:52:29 AM

great thanks to you bro..  :D :D

i need one more help please.. could you?

to install ajax chat in this forum : www.forum.wcumum.com [nofollow]
but i've forgot the cpanel for that forum.  :( :(

christianstogether

hiya got another question
using standard smf1.9
with ajax chat and shout
as an admin i know i have the option to remove posts
and so do my moderators
but the trouble is every user has this option tooo
is this normal or have i allowed too many permissions when setting it up??

i did have problems and had to change the perm's for 755 in the index.php files as explained earlier

thanks

mrtrc266

@ christianstogether

You can find the fix for that in the FAQ's here ~AJAX Chat Intergration FAQ's & Tips-N-Tricks~

Look for this part

If your regular members can delete posts in the Chat and Shout it's because you allow them to post Event in your Calendar, the fix for it is HERE

[unplugged]

Quote from: ajes on June 11, 2009, 01:59:48 AM
Quote from: SunKing on June 11, 2009, 01:52:29 AM

great thanks to you bro..  :D :D

i need one more help please.. could you?

to install ajax chat in this forum : www.forum.wcumum.com
but i've forgot the cpanel for that forum.  :( :(

YQW and PLEASE, for the love of all things binary, edit that post and make me feel better....:)

I have registered on that site. Make me admin temporarily and I will install the chat mod for you.

[unplugged]

Thank you ajes. <wipes sweat from brow> I would also suggest changing your password as soon as possible.

mrtrc266

LOL....yes....tyvm! Phew!!!

Glad you're getting this Mod Sorted....enjoy  ajes

[unplugged]

Quote503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

I have tried several times to get into the Packages area via admin and keep getting "temporarily busy". Lightspeed it's not. I think maybe they meant light as in barely....

It is 1:30am here right now and I have to be at work in a few hours. I will install it tomorrow for you if the offer is still open. Meanwhile, remove the current shoutbox by going into ADMIN > PACKAGES > then scroll down to that package and click [Uninstall].

ajes

Quote from: SunKing on June 11, 2009, 02:26:44 AM
Quote503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later! Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!

I have tried several times to get into the Packages area via admin and keep getting "temporarily busy". Lightspeed it's not. I think maybe they meant light as in barely....

It is 1:30am here right now and I have to be at work in a few hours. I will install it tomorrow for you if the offer is still open. Meanwhile, remove the current shoutbox by going into ADMIN > PACKAGES > then scroll down to that package and click [Uninstall].

thats the problem bro. i don't know how it can be the server is temp available.

so i can't uninstall another shoutbox.  :( :(

fext

Quote from: SunKing on June 10, 2009, 05:29:24 PM
@Youngiiie

Attached is your index.template.php with a bright new shiny members-only chat button.  :P

Cheers bro - but it never worked...

I had a go and changed this:
// the [chat] button
if ($context['user']['is_guest'])
{

to this:
// the [chat] button
if ($context['user']['is_logged'])
{

Seemed to work...

allumius

Well, i'm change my theme. Now i use BlackRainV2118
The chat work fine, but.... is posibble chat show only the last 10 lines? And the other whit scroll

fext

@ Greymalkin

Hey dude I have beeen stripping out things I don't want displayed to suit and I found a way to remove the logo div at the top of the chat popup/new window - please be away that removing this will remove some of the logout functionality you can tweak in the settings files.

In chat/lib/template find:
<div id="logoutChannelContainer">
  <input type="button" id="logoutButton" value="[LANG]logout[/LANG]" onclick="ajaxChat.logout();"/>
<label for="channelSelection">[LANG]channel[/LANG]:</label>
<select id="channelSelection" onchange="ajaxChat.switchChannel(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value);">[CHANNEL_OPTIONS/]</select>
<label for="styleSelection">[LANG]style[/LANG]:</label>
<select id="styleSelection" onchange="ajaxChat.setActiveStyleSheet(ajaxChat.getSelectedStyle());">[STYLE_OPTIONS/]</select>
<label for="languageSelection">[LANG]language[/LANG]:</label>
<select id="languageSelection" onchange="ajaxChat.switchLanguage(this.value);">[LANGUAGE_OPTIONS/]</select>
  </div>
<div id="statusIconContainer" class="statusContainerOn" onclick="ajaxChat.updateChat(null);"></div>

And replace with:
<!--<div id="logoutChannelContainer">
  <input type="button" id="logoutButton" value="[LANG]logout[/LANG]" onclick="ajaxChat.logout();"/>
<label for="channelSelection">[LANG]channel[/LANG]:</label>
<select id="channelSelection" onchange="ajaxChat.switchChannel(this.options[this.selectedIndex].value);">[ CHANNEL_OPTIONS/]</select>
<label for="styleSelection">[LANG]style[/LANG]:</label>
<select id="styleSelection" onchange="ajaxChat.setActiveStyleSheet(ajaxChat.getSelectedStyle());">[ STYLE_OPTIONS/]</select>
<label for="languageSelection">[LANG]language[/LANG]:</label>
<select id="languageSelection" onchange="ajaxChat.switchLanguage(this.value);">[ LANGUAGE_OPTIONS/]</select>
  </div>
<div id="statusIconContainer" class="statusContainerOn" onclick="ajaxChat.updateChat(null);"></div>-->

This should remove the logout part of the chat box - I have it this way so once a user logs in they will only be logged out when they clear their cache/cookie or if on another computer.

It is what suits me.

I am also planning to skin the colbat theme to suit the sites overall look - love the mod guys and cheers for all the help!

fext

Quote from: allumius on June 11, 2009, 12:43:36 PM
Well, i'm change my theme. Now i use BlackRainV2118
The chat work fine, but.... is posibble chat show only the last 10 lines? And the other whit scroll

I tink you need to find the guide by mrtrc266 - http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1981766#msg1981766

:)

Loads of info in there

Joe N

Installed this to smf 2.0 rc1-1. Works fine  ;)
Microsoft: "We Need to Imagine Life Without Walls."
I Say: "If There are No Walls Who needs Windows."

My Mods (6) All My Mods Updated To SMF 2.0 RC2 and SMF 1.1.10!

Advertisement: