News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheListener

Quote from: paulmagno on October 24, 2009, 03:24:02 AM
Hi Guys...Just pulling out my hair here...

I installed the AjaxChat Integration Mod, the chat button appears, but when I try to access the chat function, it just says:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

I'm using 1.1.10 and am sure I downloaded the right package...I tried uninstalling and re-installing it, but an error then came up...I also tried another chat mod and had similar results...for what it's worth, I AM using the pretty url mod...

What can I do to fix this?

Look for a post made by mrtrc266 and you should see a link to ajax chat hints and tips. There is one for people who are having trouble with this mod and have the pretty urls mod installed also.

digit

Here are the hints and things...

This SHOULD be the beginning of this or a new thread...  IMHO.  It might have saved me a few hours!

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg1981766#msg1981766
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Arantor

Then .HuNTeR. should make that change or ask us to do it on his behalf.

TheListener

I made that suggestion to Hunter whom said it was up to the moderators to start a new topic.

scottdn

I am having an odd issue.    Whenever a user types a ' or a \ in the chat window and hits enter it displays  like this:  \' and \\.   See the screen shot.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

paulmagno

Um...Thanks for the help, guys, but I'm right where I was before...all it said was to dosconnect Pretty URL or add a line to the SMF htaccess file...well, what is an SMF htaccess file and where do I find it...I'd like to keep Pretty URL more than I want to chat...

Now, I'm not even being allowed to re-apply my chat mod because I get error messages...

Does anyone know of a chat mod that doesn't require a Masters from MIT?

sukmama

Please can someone tell me if this mod would work on my Kelo-itv1110v1 theme because the other one i installed only work with the default theme. i use smf 1.1.10. thanks

German_AC

Here is the translation to Spanish_latin. Just add this to the end of your Modifications.spanish_latin.php (or just to Modifications.spanish.php) so you can see the options in admin panel and in permissions section.

//Inegración con AjaxChat
$txt['chat'] = 'Chat';
$txt['shoutBox'] = 'ShoutBox';
$txt['chat_aUser'] = ' usuarios en chat';
$txt['chat_users'] = ' usuarios están en el chat:';
$txt['chat_no_user'] = 'No hay usuarios en el chat.';
$txt['enableShoutBox'] = 'Habilitar ShoutBox?';
$txt['enableChatButtonNo'] = 'Mostrar numero de usuarios en el boton de chat?';
$txt['enableChatBelowPM'] = 'Mostrar usuarios en chat debajo de los usuarios en linea?';
$txt['anyPageShoutBox'] = 'Marcar para mostrar la ventana de ShoutBox en todas las páginas o desamarcar solo para el indice:';
$txt['chatPopUp'] = 'Chat en una pagina aparte?';
$txt['miniChat'] = 'Integrar shout box y sala de chat?';
$txt['permissionname_chat_access'] = 'Acceso al chat';
$txt['permissionhelp_chat_access'] = 'Los usuarios pueden usar o no el chat.';
$txt['permissionname_shout_access'] = 'Puede participar';
$txt['permissionhelp_shout_access'] = 'Da permiso a escribir en el shout box.';
$txt['permissionname_shout_view'] = 'Ver shoutBox';
$txt['permissionhelp_shout_view'] = 'Da permiso para ver el shoutBox';
$txt['permissionname_shout_mod'] = 'Moderar shoutBox';
$txt['permissionhelp_shout_mod'] = 'Da permiso a moderar el shoutBox.';
$txt['permissionname_chat_mod'] = 'Moderar chat';
$txt['permissionhelp_chat_mod'] = 'Da permiso a moderar el chat.';
$txt['permissiongroup_chat'] = 'Chat';
//Fin de AjaxChat Integration

Artificial intelligence is not a rival for natural stupidity.

German_AC

I got apparently everything working, but userslist is empty, and nothing shows in chat screen. I don't now what else to do...

scottdn

Quote from: paulmagno on October 24, 2009, 04:13:00 AM
Um...Thanks for the help, guys, but I'm right where I was before...all it said was to dosconnect Pretty URL or add a line to the SMF htaccess file...well, what is an SMF htaccess file and where do I find it...I'd like to keep Pretty URL more than I want to chat...

Now, I'm not even being allowed to re-apply my chat mod because I get error messages...

Does anyone know of a chat mod that doesn't require a Masters from MIT?

I struggled with the same issues.  Here are a few bullet points that may help.

1.  File/Directory permissions to the Chat Directory must be set to 755 on some hosts.  My host requires this as it will not serve pages with permissions greater then 666.   Incorrect file permissions will result in a 500 error when you attempt to launch the Chat link

2.  If you have a .htaccess file with mod rewrites but DO NOT have Pretty URLS or Seach engine friendly urls this will cause 404 errors in the chat window when you launch chat. 

3.  If you have Pretty URLS or Search Engine Friendly Urls turned on you will have an .htaccess file most likely in the root of your forum directory on your host.    Given that scenario if you are using chat with Pretty URL's for example you will need to add a RewriteRule to the .htaccess for your chat page.   Without the rewrite rule you will end up with the symptom of a blank user list,  text not posting,  etc...

Below is an example of the default pretty url .htaccess with the chat rewriterule at the bottom of the actions rules.    Please don't copy and paste this .htaccess as it may not work with your system.  This is just an example of what it should look like.  You can copy and paste the chat portion and add it to the action rules in your own .htaccess.

RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]

# PRETTYURLS MOD BEGINS
# Pretty URLs mod
# http://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/
# .htaccess file generated automatically on: October 5, 2009, 12:02

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forum

# Rules for: actions
RewriteRule ^(activate|admin|announce|ban|boardrecount|buddy|calendar|cleanperms)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(collapse|convertentities|convertutf8|coppa|deletemsg|detailedversion|display|dlattach)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(dumpdb|editpoll|editpoll2|featuresettings|featuresettings2|findmember|help|globalhf)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(helpadmin|im|jsoption|jsmodify|lock|lockVoting|login|login2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(logout|maintain|manageattachments|manageboards|managecalendar|managesearch|markasread|membergroups)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(mergetopics|mlist|modifycat|modifykarma|modlog|movetopic|movetopic2|news)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(notify|notifyboard|optimizetables|packageget|packages|permissions|pgdownload|pm)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(post|post2|postsettings|printpage|profile|profile2|quotefast|quickmod)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(quickmod2|recent|regcenter|register|register2|reminder|removetopic2|removeoldtopics2)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(removepoll|repairboards|reporttm|reports|requestmembers|search|search2|sendtopic)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(serversettings|serversettings2|smileys|smstats|spellcheck|splittopics|stats|sticky)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(theme|trackip|admod|about:mozilla|about:unknown|unread|unreadreplies|viewErrorLog)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(viewmembers|viewprofile|verificationcode|vote|viewquery|who|\.xml)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;action=$1 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]

# Rules for: boards
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1.$2 [L,QSA]

# Rules for: topics
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.0 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([-_!~*'()$a-zA-Z0-9]+)/([0-9]*|msg[0-9]*|new)/?$ ./index.php?pretty;board=$1;topic=$2.$3 [L,QSA]

# PRETTYURLS MOD ENDS

Hope that helps.  Maybe it doesn't but it was my observations and the scenerios I ran into.

German_AC

Hi scottdn, the "RewriteBase /forum" line is the location of the forum? Should I replace that whith my forum directory??

Thanks

UPDATE:
I found this error file in the Shoutbox directory:

[24-oct-2009 09:56:10] PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hvpsn/public_html/foro/shoutBox/lib/class/AJAXChat.php on line 1461

Here is the line in AJAXChat.php:
function isAllowedToWriteMessage($id) {
foreach($this->_onlineUsersData as $userData){
//move to find user
if($userData['userID'] != $id)
continue;
//found him ;)

Any ideas?

scottdn

Quote from: German_AC on October 24, 2009, 10:27:40 AM
Hi scottdn, the "RewriteBase /forum" line is the location of the forum? Should I replace that whith my forum directory??

Thanks

The /forum is the path to your forum directory assuming that your forum is installed into a directory called forum off the root of your hosting home directory.   If that makes sense.   The Rewritebase path should of been automatically generated with the pretty url install.

akl

It installed seamlessly with no errors on SMF RC 1.2 Forum using Overview, but when I [admin] try to type a message, it sometimes shows up sometimes doesn't but logs me out back to the log in screen of the chat and when I log back in it gives the message:
user has been logged out (Invalid IP address).

I haven't tried with a normal member as it's getting late, but I hope there is a fix to this.

SpeedForums

I cannot install it, simply when i click apply mod it returns to package site..

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: SpeedForums on October 24, 2009, 04:09:55 PM
I cannot install it, simply when i click apply mod it returns to package site..

Check the error log, if its full of errors, clear it, then try to install the mod again, then check the error log again, report back! :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

digit

Quote from: TheListener on August 05, 2009, 01:17:14 PM
Add a Word Filter to the chat room.

This modification is short and simple.

Open chat/js/custom.js

Add the following to the end of the file:

//Replace stuff people say:
ajaxChat.replaceCustomText = function(text) {
text=text.replace(/frug/gi, 'Fruggles');
return text;
}

This will replace the word frug in chat with Fruggles. You can, of course, replaced the word frug with whatever you like, and you can add more replacements by copying the relevant line. For example:

//Replace stuff people say:
ajaxChat.replaceCustomText = function(text) {
text=text.replace(/frug/gi, 'Fruggles');
text=text.replace(/foo/gi, 'Donkey Foo');
return text;
}

Adds a replacement for the word "foo".

This addition works.

I can't get this to work - it's driving me - forgive the halloween analogy - a bit BATTY!

Any idea why? Permissions on chat/js/custom.js are set to 755...

I can't get it to replace ANY words.

Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Surferbird

After read all this messages in this thread, it show me that this MOD is not made for use at all.

If MOD is usable it should work without tons of problems and errors. Author should take it back and build a 100% working mod, who need this kind
of things, nobody!

I have try to install it in default theme 3 times and all has been disaster. Garbage i should say!
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

TheListener

Quote from: Surferbird on October 24, 2009, 05:29:06 PM
After read all this messages in this thread, it show me that this MOD is not made for use at all.

If MOD is usable it should work without tons of problems and errors. Author should take it back and build a 100% working mod, who need this kind
of things, nobody!

I have try to install it in default theme 3 times and all has been disaster. Garbage i should say!

It would help if you explained the errors rather than blast the mods author

Surferbird

I dont think it's needed. If you look back on this thread, you must observe that in this MOD is something wrong,
or do you you mean this is okay mod and work as it should?

When not even installing it will work correctly it should be put on some early beta stage. Why can i not blast author,
i think it is the correct way to tell him that something is seriously wrong with his mod.

222 messages, mostly only about problems this and that proof it wery well, if you not observe it, something is wrong with you too?
Dont come here and be some hero and tell me to explain something instead, read the thread, there is all explanations you need.
.:: Always something to ask - always grateful for assistance ::.

TheListener

The majority of the threads is people who don't realise that others have had the same problems before.

Advertisement: