News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyvermont

I could use some help on this.

I just tried to install Ajax Chat on my busy board and it eseentially crashed my board.

I now get error :  Database Error
Table 'hiking.smf_ajaxchat_online' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/n/a/k/nakedinvt/html/hiking/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2250

How can I completely remove Ajax Chat and get this board working again.

Any help would be appreciated very much!

Thanks.

[unplugged]

@vertese

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

Have a look at the images there. It is showing the admin stuff located under Features and Options. If you don't see that there, it may be possible that you are simply missing some language strings (a common issue with custom themes). You would simply need to find all of the edits made to language files for this mod and make the same edits to the corresponding language files in DilberMC. (Note: If a particular language file cannot be found in DilberMC, then SMF will call that language file from the default folder anyway, so no need to create a new one.) Hopefully, this will help you out. ;)
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

[unplugged]

Quote from: Johnnyvermont on January 23, 2010, 02:07:25 PM
I could use some help on this.

I just tried to install Ajax Chat on my busy board and it eseentially crashed my board.

I now get error :  Database Error
Table 'hiking.smf_ajaxchat_online' doesn't exist
File: /home/content/n/a/k/nakedinvt/html/hiking/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 2250

How can I completely remove Ajax Chat and get this board working again.

Any help would be appreciated very much!

Thanks.

If you cannot access your board through a browser, then you will need to get to the files using an FTP program or your host's account panel/file manager. Once there, you can open the Load.php and either remove the code from line 2250 or comment it out. Take note that this can cause parse errors if you do not remove/comment out the entire line or block of code. Also be aware that this will only take care of that specific error and that there may be a few more you'll need to do before being able to again access your board using a browser. Once you can access with a browser again, then simply navigate to the package manager in the admin area and uninstall the package manually. You may need to ignore any errors in the uninstall since you manually deleted/commented out code and therefor the uninstaller cannot find it.
« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Johnnyvermont

I got it working but this is what I did...

Deleted load.php and replaced it with the backup load.php~

That created a different error so i deleted the Boardindex.php and replaced it with the backup file. All seems to be ok now.

Thank you for your effort. I DO appreciate it!!

Too bad the people that create these mods don't do it correctly. It would save a lot of trouble and anxiety!

BeachBum3668

Quote from: maseonary on January 23, 2010, 12:49:58 PM
beachbum3668, whats the link to your forum? i could possibly take a quick look.

have you enabled it in admin?

Here's a link to my test forum:  http://j7faction.com/bbtest/index.php

USER ID: SMFSupport
PW:  Support

That account will get you in as an administrator
Heaven doesn't want me and Hell's afraid I'll take over!

[unplugged]

Quote from: Johnnyvermont on January 23, 2010, 02:40:25 PM
I got it working but this is what I did...

Deleted load.php and replaced it with the backup load.php~

That created a different error so i deleted the Boardindex.php and replaced it with the backup file. All seems to be ok now.

Thank you for your effort. I DO appreciate it!!

Too bad the people that create these mods don't do it correctly. It would save a lot of trouble and anxiety!

Glad you got it sorted.

I don't think is a matter of whether or not the mod was created properly. There are almost uncountable variables when installing mods from custom themes to other mods that have made changes, even to server settings differing. But I also agree that it can really be frustrating when the simple process of adding a mod can render an entire site inoperable.

maseonary

beachbum3668

you have a problem with the install of packages, its probably your file permissions.
you need to change the permissions on the files that ajaxchat modify's.
also theres an error where you are Unable to load the 'Shout.english-utf8' language file, so i assume you don't have that file, this could be due to a permission problem on the language folder.

topbuyer

Anyone. Please suggest.

Quote from: topbuyer on January 15, 2010, 05:58:48 PM
Sabre, are you still around.

Followed your suggestion to add chat in menu bar of dilbermc them. Its not aligned properly, pls see attach and suggest.

And in Chrome a chat pop up window comes. But in firefox new tab opens for chat. What changes need to open popup in firefox as well.

Others, pls suggest.

Quote from: Sabre™ on November 08, 2009, 07:23:32 PM
@ ardd
Arrgg, sorry bud, I forgot to add the span tags lol
This should help it perform 'all' of it's designed functions, if you choose to use them.
   // the [chat] button
   $chatPath = str_replace("index.php", "chat/index.php", $scripturl);
   $num = (empty($modSettings['enableChatButtonNo'])) ? 0 : count(chatOnlineUsers());
    echo '<li', $current_action == 'chat' ? ' id="chosen"' : '', '><a href="', $chatPath, '"', empty($modSettings['chatPopUp']) ? 'target="_blank"' : ' onclick="openWindow(this.href);this.blur();return false;"', '><span>', $txt['chat'], ($num > 0) ?  ('('.$num.')') : '' , '</span></a></li>';

@ NaWaR
digit is correct.
You have not provided any information besides 'I had Errors Appears'.
What were the errors you speak of?
Please take a little time to read [THIS] and [THIS].
They will enable people to assist you with more efficiency.

Cheers :)

[unplugged]

If you want to attach your file here for the menu, I'll fix it. As far as having Firefox open it in a popup, that may take a touch of javascript.

topbuyer

Thank You !

Attached image and index file.

Right now. Menu configuration is not in index file, I removed as alignment was not proper.

Quote from: SunKing on January 23, 2010, 07:58:33 PM
If you want to attach your file here for the menu, I'll fix it. As far as having Firefox open it in a popup, that may take a touch of javascript.

[unplugged]

Here you go, topbuyer. This should work like you want. I don't have SMF1.1.x installed anywhere nor do I have DilberMC anywhere. :D I did, however, just copy how the other buttons were coded and just applied the necessary changes such as number of chatters.

topbuyer

Thank You. In one shot its working.

I have similar problem with tags mod. If possible, can you please convert following for proper menu button for tag

// the [tags] button
      echo ($current_action == 'tags' || $context['browser']['is_ie4']) ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $first . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '' , '
            <td valign="top" class="maintab_' , $current_action == 'tags' ? 'active_back' : 'back' , '">
               <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=tags">' , $txt['smftags_menu']  , '</a>
            </td>' , $current_action == 'tags' ? '<td class="maintab_active_' . $last . '">&nbsp;</td>' : '';

Quote from: SunKing on January 23, 2010, 08:55:36 PM
Here you go, topbuyer. This should work like you want. I don't have SMF1.1.x installed anywhere nor do I have DilberMC anywhere. :D I did, however, just copy how the other buttons were coded and just applied the necessary changes such as number of chatters.

TheListener

Would someone please attach their custom.js file so I can compare it with mine.

Am trying to add a profanity filter to the file.

BliXem

Hi there, this is really an awesome mod!  I however have a few problems, my Chat button is missing.  I have manually installed the files as required on both my default and custom theme.  The button still wont show in the navigation menu.

I am running smf 1.1.11

Packages installed:

Mod Name                                  Version     
1.    SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update    1.0    
2.    Steam Freinds Status Mod    1.0    
3.    SMF Gallery Lite                    2.0.12    
4.    AjaxChat Integration            3.2.1    
5.    SimplePortal                            2.3.1

Could someone plz assist me in this regard. 

[unplugged]

@topbuyer
Probably better to ask in the thread for that mod next time. ;) PM'd you the code.

@brack1
Why not just grab a clean custom.js from the package? Asking for a random file to compare to yours really does nothing as you have no idea what edits they may have made to it.

@blixem
Make sure the language strings are in the correct files for your custom theme. That is generally the reason behind missing menu buttons after a successful install when using custom themes.

jetli68

hi got a prob i had this mod working  spot on with  blackrain theme on smf 1.1.11 but then   it stop showing up  so no shoutbox was there so i unistalled the mod  and was going to install it  again but now i get this error  all the time on my main index.php  and  it will not let me  clok in to admin cp to change the theme the error is

Unable to load the 'shout_above' template   can somebosy help me with this so i can  veiw  my forum again

thank you

jet

Patriot89

I have this issue.
Usersays: i'll eat that

Output is: i\'ll eat that

[unplugged]

@jetli68
Are you just wanting to restore the site to a point where you can again access to the admin area? If so, you may want to see which template files the mod altered and either manually remove any residual code or replace those files with backups/clean versions.

@Patriot89
Somewhere in this massive thread is the answer to the escaped quotes. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly sure where. I know that's not a big help really, but it at least points you in a direction. If I remember right, I had the same issue and was given a way to resolve it. That, hopefully, will at least narrow down your search to my posts in the thread. ;)

jetli68

how do i find out which  template the mod changes m8

tia

jet

[unplugged]

The easiest way is to just use SMF's parser on the main page for the mod.

Advertisement: