AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zadnan

I installed the package a chat button has appeared but when I click it I get the page
showing fatal errors regarding
chat\index.php on line 14
chat\index.php on line 17
I need help
regards

TheListener

Quote from: zadnan on June 27, 2010, 08:27:24 AM
I installed the package a chat button has appeared but when I click it I get the page
I need help
regards

It would help us more if you told us what the errors are.

Also where there any errors on install?

Which version of smf?

Strassenkater67

Hi  :)
I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 and the intimidator-Theme and i'm an absolute beginner in php, css, etc, so it might be, that i do not use the correct technical terms.  ;)

My problem:
I want to make the input-field wider.
I managed to make input-field-container wider, as you can see, the "b i u Box" has moved a bit more to the right.

But where and how do i make the actual input-field wider??

At the moment it looks like this:

I hope, it will soon look like this. (It's just a manipulation with photoshop  ;))

TheListener

I think it is the shoutbox css file you require.

Have you looked at the FAQs?

Also have a look at http://ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php

Strassenkater67

Quote from: Brack1 on June 27, 2010, 08:42:25 AM
I think it is the shoutbox css file you require.

Have you looked at the FAQs?

Also have a look at hxxp:ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php [nonactive]

I looked at the FAQs  :) But i found no help for that specific issue.  :(

I managed to change the background-color, i integrated smileys (not on the screenshot), i changed the number of the last shouts that show up when you enter the forum and many other things.  :)

But i just don't get it, how to make the input-field wider.
(Belive me, i have been trying it on my own for several days. And i'm totally baffled, otherwise i wouldn't have posted my question)  ;D
And please, don't post any guesswork, i have been guessing for myselfe long enough the last days.  ;D

zadnan

Quote from: Brack1 on June 27, 2010, 08:32:25 AM
I need help
regards

It would help us more if you told us what the errors are.

Also where there any errors on install?

Which version of smf?
Notice: Undefined index: SCRIPT_FILENAME in D:\hshome\dir name\forum url\chat\index.php  on line 14

Warning: main(/lib/custom.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\dir name\forum url\chat\index.php on line 17

Warning: main(/lib/custom.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\dir name\forum url\chat\index.php on line 17

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/lib/custom.php' (include_path='.;c:\PHP4\pear') in D:\hshome\dir name\forum url\chat\index.php on line 17

I am using SMF I.1.11

mrtrc266

I need help
regards

Try changing those file permissions to 755

mrtrc266

Quote from: Strassenkater67 on June 27, 2010, 08:36:23 AM
I'm using SMF 2.0 RC3 and the intimidator-Theme and i'm an absolute beginner in php, css, etc, so it might be, that i do not use the correct technical terms.  ;)

My problem:
I managed to make input-field-container wider, as you can see, the "b i u Box" has moved a bit more to the right.

You can add that to your css.

Find chat/css/shoutbox.css
#ajaxChatContent #ajaxChatInputFieldContainer #ajaxChatInputField {
    width:90%;
}

Replace with....change 250px to whatever you like
#ajaxChatContent #ajaxChatInputFieldContainer{
}
#ajaxChatInputField {
    width:250px;
}

Strassenkater67

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 27, 2010, 10:35:24 AM
Quote from: Strassenkater67 on June 27, 2010, 08:36:23 AM

My problem:

You can add that to your css.

Find chat/css/shoutbox.css
#ajaxChatContent #ajaxChatInputFieldContainer #ajaxChatInputField {
}

Replace with....change 250px to whatever you like
#ajaxChatContent #ajaxChatInputFieldContainer{
}
#ajaxChatInputField {
    width:250px;
}

Coooool it's working!  :)
And it was so easy. ;D
Well, it just didn't come to my mind, that it might be necessary to ADD a few lines - i just tried to alter something.  :-[
But as i said, a few day ago i didn't even know, that there are such things like css-files.

Big THX :)

mrtrc266

You're welcome, looks like you're picking it up pretty quickly.

A HUGE help will be to use FireFox with the FireBug add-on. This will allow you to put your mouse over any section of a web page, right click, inspect element and it will show you what the HTML Code is and the css that's related to that code. Sometimes an element might be overridden by a default setting and throw you off a little but for the most part it's very useful.

Infitima

Uh, this seems to be a weird issue.
The chatbox worked fine, and had notifications on. Been working fine last night and all morning.
Someone posted today, and it blanked out, but for me only. White box, white chat page, and nothing I do is fixing it.
It works for everyone else, and it works on my phone....
Something to do with his username maybe?
It's  Drákōn   
I'm using Firefox 3.6.4

Strassenkater67

Quote from: mrtrc266 on June 27, 2010, 11:30:59 AM
You're welcome, looks like you're picking it up pretty quickly.

A HUGE help will be to use hxxp:www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html [nonactive] with the hxxp:addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1843/ [nonactive]. This will allow you to put your mouse over any section of a web page, right click, inspect element and it will show you what the HTML Code is and the css that's related to that code. Sometimes an element might be overridden by a default setting and throw you off a little but for the most part it's very useful.
Thanks for tip.  :)
Is it something like this?

Chrome has this feature by default.
But i will try the FireBug Addon as well, maybe it's better then chrome.  ;)

digit

Ok, I have perused these messages for quite some time and can not find my answer.

I have permissions DENIED for regular members, newbies, and all other groups besides Charter members (see attachment)

Yet, regular members are still able to submit text.

Any idea what's wrong?

Sorry if this has been answered before.
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

jb@awe

First off, great mod!!! Hit on my site.

However; I am having a hard time relocating my shoutbox , would anyone mind helping me on this. I would like to relocate it just before the info center. I have tried this below, but just cant get it. just need a little more clarification.

Thank you guys

Quote from: .HuNTeR. on June 13, 2009, 12:56:30 AM
@Zeshin
replace your index.template.php and boardindex.termplate.php with original one
open Sources/Load.php
find:

array_splice($context['template_layers'], 1, 0, 'shout');

replace with

//array_splice($context['template_layers'], 1, 0, 'shout');

open your index.template.php or boardindex.termplate.php and place

template_shout_above();

anywhere you want

@mrtrc266 please add this to the FAQ

IzTheWiz13

Heya,

I'm having some issues with my shoutbox, it doesn't show any shouted messages at all.

Site is : hxxp:green-culture-elites.com/GCE/index.php?action=forum [nonactive]
Login : testprofiel             pw : test

If someone knows what the issue might be , just tell me what files you need me to attach.

MvG Izzzzz

Strassenkater67

Quote from: IzTheWiz13 on June 28, 2010, 04:38:59 AM
Heya,
I'm having some issues with my shoutbox, it doesn't show any shouted messages at all.

I had the same problems after the first install of the shoutbox.

There is an .htaccess in the chat-folder and in the shoutBox-folder.
I renamed both files to _.htaccess
(Warning: I'm a noob, i don't know if this is a secutity risk!)

Then i changed the permissions of the chat-folder andt the shoutbox-folder and all including files to 775
(You can do this with your ftp-program, just rightclick on the folder)

After that the shoutbox worked perfectly.
When i reverse the changes, the field of the shoutbox is blank again, so it's definitively reproducible.

I hope this will work for you, too.

TurtleKicker

A few months back I posted that this code doesn't always work:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Close_chat_window_on_logout

Many (most?) times, it simply logs the user out and immediately logs them back in again, without closing the window/tab. Doesn't seem to matter if the chat is in a tab or its own window.

As my forum becomes more-popular more and more users are complaining about this. Is there a fix?

Nihtilan

Quote from: digit on June 27, 2010, 03:49:06 PM
Ok, I have perused these messages for quite some time and can not find my answer.

I have permissions DENIED for regular members, newbies, and all other groups besides Charter members (see attachment)

Yet, regular members are still able to submit text.

Any idea what's wrong?

Sorry if this has been answered before.

Were do i find those permisions? Installed chat on SMF 2.0 RC3 seems showing, but it's quite blank and i can't write anything in it... any ideeas?

TheListener

Nihtilan

Quote from: Brack1 on June 28, 2010, 12:44:32 PM
Have you lookied at the FAQs?

yes i did, tried the thing with .htaccess but it was fine. either i'm blind or too tired to see or there's nothing for my issue, so if you have a possible sollution please post it. thx

Advertisement: