News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bahgheera

Quote from: rudeboy1991Hi.
When i enable the chat i get this in its box,
Code: [Select]
ChatBot: Error: Estado de la conexi�n: 500

do you know why?

pd. I have put permisions on 755, and 777, bus still same.

I read in this thread that index.php in /chat and /shoutbox should be 600. I tried it, it worked. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

w4rheart

* Try adding RewriteEngine on just above the RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA] in the .htaccess that's in the same folder as SSI.php.
    * Try also putting these same two lines in the .htaccess in the site's root folder. (You'll end up with two separate files, each with those two lines at the top.)
    * Try creating an .htaccess file just inside both the /chat/ and the /shoutBox/ folders. At the top of each of these and on separate lines, add RewriteEngine on and RewriteRule ^/?$ ./index.php [L,QSA].

What exatcly does that mean? What do I have to do? I dont really understand, especially the last point!?
QuoteAt the top of each of these and on separate lines, add
what exactly does that mean?

Here is what i did:
I put one .htaccess file with this content
QuoteRewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]
:
in my root folder, and 1 different .htaccess files with this content:
QuoteRewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/?$ ./index.php [L,QSA]
in the /chat and /shoutbox directory

is thar right?

graaywolf

Quote from: bahgheera on July 05, 2010, 09:28:53 AM

do you know why?

I read in this thread that index.php in /chat and /shoutbox should be 600. I tried it, it worked. Give it a shot, what have you got to lose?

could someone confirm is or debunk this.... i would really like to have a conversation in my chat without this error message popping up every other line.... if this mod don't have support from the developers it shouldn't be here period!...

I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

The .htaccess rewrites the URL, usually used with only pretty URLs, I can completely remove anything to do with ajax chat from any of the .htaccess files.

If you have the chat edits in your root .htaccess file they will not be needed in the chat and shoutbox directory as the .htaccess file will work for the directory its in and any after.

I would remove the edits for ajax chat from the .htaccess in the root, and only have the edits in ./chat and ./shuotbox.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

w4rheart

^ I deleted the htaccess in the root, chat still working, so thats good  ;D
EDIT: I can delete all .httacess files, chat still works, shoutbox is blank.
But I still dont get why the shoutbox doesn't work ???
Alle permssions are set, all htaccess files are in the right place, although they are not even needed for anything apparently.

What am I doing wrong?  :'(

rudeboy1991

Quote from: graaywolf on July 05, 2010, 10:34:12 AM

do you know why?

could someone confirm is or debunk this.... i would really like to have a conversation in my chat without this error message popping up every other line.... if this mod don't have support from the developers it shouldn't be here period!...

i just tried it and i have no more error.

But i have still got one more problem and do not know how to fix. It wont let me send the messages...

edit:

I take back what i just said, it didnt work still receiving that error, hense why i still couldnt send messages

hcfwesker

quick question.  I've heard of Ajax having a "chat log"  where you can go back and look at older posts.  Just wondering if this MOD has it, and how do i access it? 

thank You.

crustybum

Cant get it to load on 1.11, i get this:

Type     Action     Description
1.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/BoardIndex.php    Test successful
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/Load.php    Test successful
3.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
4.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Test successful
5.    Execute Modification    ./SSI.php    Test successful
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Test successful
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Test failed
8.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.english.php    Test successful
9.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Test successful
10.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Help.persian.php    Skipping file
11.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.persian.php    Skipping file
12.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/Shout.template.php    
13.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.english.php    
14.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/languages/Shout.persian.php    
15.    Extract File    ./Themes/default/shoutbox.css    
16.    Extract Tree    ./chat    
17.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/css    
18.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/flash    
19.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/img    
20.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/js    
21.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/lib    
22.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/socket    
23.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/sounds    
24.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox/src    
25.    Extract Tree    ./shoutBox    
26.    Execute Code    Tables_1.1.X.php    

crustybum

Forgot to mention its on the default theme..

w4rheart

alright, nevermind guys, I got it all fixed!
(it was such a stupid mistake... for some reason the talkbox mod didnt uninstall properly, and some lines were still not removed and caused that error... fuuu talkbox!)
No there is one little mistake left. Just look in the attachment.
There is a lot of space between the smileys the buttons and the shout button, why is that? is there a way to put them all closer together?

regards

Eric B

I am trying to write a script to create a dynamic image to display how many users are in chat, but I am hitting a snag. Has anyone tried this before?

Here is where I am stuck at the moment.

function smf_main()
{
global $modSettings, $settings, $user_info, $board, $topic, $board_info, $maintenance, $sourcedir, $smcFunc;
}

function chatOnlineUsers(){
global $smcFunc;

$userIDs = array();
$result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT userID
FROM {db_prefix}ajaxchat_online WHERE NOW() <= DATE_ADD(dateTime, interval 2 MINUTE)' ,
  array()
);
while($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($result)) {
array_push($userIDs, $row['userID']);
}
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($result);
return array_unique($userIDs);
}

I get this error
Fatal error: Function name must be a string
on this line
$result = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I'm just a PHP beginner, but are you not missing some globals there

SMF 2.0 RC5

Eric B

I didnt think so, but if you see any, please let me know.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Never mind, I read it too fast lol

I checked, I don't see where you have made changes, were talking about "load.php" right ?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Eric B

I am just trying to query the table so I can parse that data into a dynamic image that tells people how many users are on line.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well, that code will do that, but what you need is to modify your template, since that is where the designing is mainly at.

What exactly are you tying to do, Use images to display how many members are in chat?

SMF 2.0 RC5

graaywolf

Quote from: graaywolf on July 05, 2010, 10:34:12 AM

do you know why?

it's funny..... i didn't have these error problems with SMF version 1.1.10 my old site was 1.1.10 and the chat worked right... i built this site with version 1.1.11 and installed chat and now: BudBot: Error: Connection status: 500 over and over again...

I'm trying...

-=(GW)=-

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Usually, DIR Permissions are supposed to be 0755 and files are to be 0644 I believe, people say to CHMOD all to 755, just because its easier and quicker. It would still work the same

SMF 2.0 RC5

Eric B

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 06, 2010, 11:54:57 AM
Well, that code will do that, but what you need is to modify your template, since that is where the designing is mainly at.

What exactly are you tying to do, Use images to display how many members are in chat?

Not looking to modify the template at all. Creating a separate php script to parse the users online into an image.

Something like this for example: http://www.webcheatsheet.com/PHP/dynamic_image_generation.php#using [nofollow]

But I am getting that error when I query the database.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

There is information about custom integration here
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ajax-chat/index.php?title=Main_Page

SMF 2.0 RC5

Advertisement: