News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtrc266

Quote from: cyberwolf000 on July 10, 2010, 08:49:39 PM
Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 10, 2010, 12:50:20 AM
Yes you should be using the AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip meaning it's for RC3 and ready to go for the default Curve theme.

OK, I uninstalled the version I had on my forum and installed the AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip and I am still not seeing any names below the Total time logged in.  I also noticed it is not correctly reporting the number of members in Chat.  I attached a screen shot showing me in Chat and it also shows the forum's Chat and Total Time Logged in.  Any suggestions?

And you're sure that you have that feature enabled in your Admin Panel?

For the incorrect number of users chatting, if someone enters the chat then leaves but doesn't log out then they will still show in chat until they are timed out.

anidea

Quote from: mrtrc266 on February 17, 2010, 07:04:38 PM
Quote from: gitchuone on February 17, 2010, 01:04:17 AM
I thought SunKing was going to come to my rescue, but maybe I've stumped everyone? No?

I don't want to list all my smileys in the shoutBox and/or chat smiley list, but I want to use all my site loaded smileys in both the chat and the shoutBox.   :P

;D
Unfortunately AJAX Chat Smileys and SMF Smileys aren't integrated.

Here is a detailed explanation on how to get more functionality for the Smileys though, they are somewhat hidden, when you hit the smiley button they will pop up in a container, you were on the right track.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2053608#msg2053608

Whatever smileys you use for you forum just add those to the edits for the AJAX Chat Smileys.

You can see it in action here (the "ShoutBox" not the "TalkBox")
http://monsters-mansion.com/testsmf2/

If you like the "TalkBox" (recommended) you can find it here   http://www.empireofthesun.net
Hi!  We are loving AjaxChat, especially the shoutbox, on RC3.

Does this mod of the mod still work?  We'd like the forum smilies included in the shoutbox.  I went to the Monster's Mansion test site, but I don't see the mod in action.  Didn't want to start messing with a working setup without knowing that it works ;) 

Thanks!

Lou69

Is it possible to disable the error_log file that is found in the \shoutbox directory?

It is 13 meg in size and a bit large. I would like to close the stream and delete the file, after clearing the cause for the errors I intend to reenable the log.

thanks

Moey

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 11, 2010, 10:17:36 AM
Quote from: Moey on July 10, 2010, 08:23:42 PM
Hello.

I've been running the Ajax chat for quite a while now, and i've had this error didn't get time to fix it, but heres my chance.

SMF Version: 1.1.11
AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1
Custom theme: Ve1x

As you can see in the attachment, the names are bugged up. For some reason, the admin names work just fine, but the member names appear 2 lines down to my right.

I've used the SMF Package Parser but that didn't seem to work.

Help would be appreciated.

Try clearing your forum and browser cache

Hey, thanks for replying.

I've tried them both and nothing happened. This is happening to all the members on my forum. Any other possibilities?

greenberet

Alright, I got i figured! ;)
But even before I modiefied anything, the shoutbox was not working. I was not able to shout, the shoutbox was blank so no smileys and stuff.
Funny thing is, that when I first installed this mod (like 5 days ago) everything worked fine!
(I just got this 500 error thing, because I forgot to set the permissions)

But now I have no idea why it is not working again. I tried the .htaccess thing described in the FAQs, but my .htaccess files had the lines added already.

So, what am I supposed to do?  :( Is it possible, that something went wrong while uninstalling?

Hi, I´m having this same problem only with a different Theme (Green Leaf), the default its working fine, I have re edit the permissions to 755 to both folders and nothing happens, also did the .httacces thing and the same....what could be the problem?

Here is the site : http://loqueignoras.com/Forum [nofollow]

Thank you so much in advance everyone,

Greenberet

gbsothere

Would you accept the excuse that I have a blinding headache this morning and ache all over for why I've not found this in the search? 

I don't have this mod, myself, but I'm installing it for another user here.  Everything seems fine, but I'd like to ask why the names of the Languages in the pull-down menu are corrupted.  Is this an ftp or a text editor thing?

This was manually installed, due to the user's Package Manager not playing nice.

2.0 RC3, Default

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

skillinpker

Quote from: Raoden on May 03, 2009, 05:55:43 PM
I have my forum in a free server (www.zymic.com), and the .mp3 files are disallowed...

Gonna work without uploading the sounds?

Also, I cannot upload he file "./chat/socket/server.rb"

(sorry for bad english xD I'm Argentinian xP)

How'd you even upload to Zymic mine gets a ZLIB error for any modifications.

supercarp

Hi, everyone.  In reference to this post by Bernard T. -

Would it be possible to only post updates from one board to the shoutbox?  I'm trying to hack my way around a few things, but this is unfortunatly beyond my abilities.

Can you folks help?

mrtrc266

Quote from: greenberet on July 12, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

But even before I modiefied anything, the shoutbox was not working. I was not able to shout, the shoutbox was blank so no smileys and stuff.
Funny thing is, that when I first installed this mod (like 5 days ago) everything worked fine!

But now I have no idea why it is not working again. I tried the .htaccess thing described in the FAQs, but my .htaccess files had the lines added already.

So, what am I supposed to do?  :( Is it possible, that something went wrong while uninstalling?

Hi, I´m having this same problem only with a different Theme (Green Leaf), the default its working fine, I have re edit the permissions to 755 to both folders and nothing happens, also did the .httacces thing and the same....what could be the problem?

Here is the site : http://loqueignoras.com/Forum

Greenberet

Do you have a piece of code from another chat program still lingering in your index.template for that theme?

mrtrc266

Quote from: anidea on July 11, 2010, 10:48:28 AM
I thought SunKing was going to come to my rescue, but maybe I've stumped everyone? No?

I don't want to list all my smileys in the shoutBox and/or chat smiley list, but I want to use all my site loaded smileys in both the chat and the shoutBox.   :P

;D

Here is a detailed explanation on how to get more functionality for the Smileys though, they are somewhat hidden, when you hit the smiley button they will pop up in a container, you were on the right track.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2053608#msg2053608

Whatever smileys you use for you forum just add those to the edits for the AJAX Chat Smileys.

If you like the "TalkBox" (recommended) you can find it here   http://www.empireofthesun.net

Does this mod of the mod still work?  We'd like the forum smilies included in the shoutbox.  I went to the Monster's Mansion test site, but I don't see the mod in action.  Didn't want to start messing with a working setup without knowing that it works ;) 

Thanks!

Yes it should still work except you don't have to do the edit for the index.template file. Johncccc just got it going, maybe he'll stop by and post if there was anything else needed.

mrtrc266

Quote from: gbsothere on July 12, 2010, 08:24:26 AM
Would you accept the excuse that I have a blinding headache this morning and ache all over for why I've not found this in the search? 

I don't have this mod, myself, but I'm installing it for another user here.  Everything seems fine, but I'd like to ask why the names of the Languages in the pull-down menu are corrupted.  Is this an ftp or a text editor thing?

This was manually installed, due to the user's Package Manager not playing nice.

2.0 RC3, Default

That's very odd indeed, I've never seen that before. Something could got corrupted I would suggest re-uploading that enitre /chat folder overwriting what's there and see what happens.

mrtrc266

Quote from: supercarp on July 13, 2010, 11:18:42 AM
Hi, everyone.  In reference to this post by Bernard T. -

Would it be possible to only post updates from one board to the shoutbox?  I'm trying to hack my way around a few things, but this is unfortunatly beyond my abilities.

Can you folks help?

I think I remember seeing this posted somewhere, if i find it I'll post it.

supercarp

thanks, mrtrc266.  I searched pretty extensively before I posted my question here.

If you could find it, that'd be beyond awesome.

mrtrc266

Quote from: supercarp on July 13, 2010, 12:07:01 PM
thanks, mrtrc266.  I searched pretty extensively before I posted my question here.

If you could find it, that'd be beyond awesome.

This is for SunKings notification tweak but here is something to play around with.....
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2533797;topicseen#msg2533797

supercarp

cool.  i guess the inverse of that if statement would work as well, so I'll give that a whirl and see if I can't bust my forums.

thanks again!

anidea

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 11:55:31 AM
Quote from: anidea on July 11, 2010, 10:48:28 AM

;D

Thanks!

Yes it should still work except you don't have to do the edit for the index.template file. Johncccc just got it going, maybe he'll stop by and post if there was anything else needed.
Thanks!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that he'll stop by for advice, but maybe give it a go later, just for fun ;)

mrtrc266

You should be able to just upload the files provided, do the edit to everything except the index.template. No files have changed in the AJAX Chat in quite some time so it should go fine.

Kobayo

Hi,

i have always the Connection Error 403!

I started a clear new smf a few days ago. Everything works fine.
No problems while the installation process of this chat mod via the pakage manager.

I made all the settings, gave permissions and so on.

When my users and i use the chat, everythings is ok up to this error code.
The error appears very frequently and interrupt the receive of the massages, thats realy annoying.

i cant find any solution to fix this. maybe becourse english is not my motherlanguage, i skimmed over the helpful hint xD

Iam using the SMF 2.0 RC3 and only this two pakages
1. AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3)
2. Aeva Media 1.3a

the smf is in my main root dir, the chat in the \root\chat, www . mydomain . de/chat

all files are 755, and my .htaccess in root/chat/.htaccess contains
"
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]
"

thx for ur efforts

mrtrc266

Quote from: Kobayo on July 13, 2010, 04:00:30 PM
Hi,

i have always the Connection Error 403!

I started a clear new smf a few days ago. Everything works fine.
No problems while the installation process of this chat mod via the pakage manager.

I made all the settings, gave permissions and so on.

When my users and i use the chat, everythings is ok up to this error code.
The error appears very frequently and interrupt the receive of the massages, thats realy annoying.

i cant find any solution to fix this. maybe becourse english is not my motherlanguage, i skimmed over the helpful hint xD

Iam using the SMF 2.0 RC3 and only this two pakages
1. AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3)
2. Aeva Media 1.3a

the smf is in my main root dir, the chat in the \root\chat, www . mydomain . de/chat

all files are 755, and my .htaccess in root/chat/.htaccess contains
"
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]
"

thx for ur efforts

Even though you don't have a portal installed, try this...
http://ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php/topic,52.msg63.html#msg63

If that doesn't work try uninstalling both mods then install AJAX Chat Integration first and see if that fixes it.

greenberet

Quote from: mrtrc266 on July 13, 2010, 11:52:36 AM
Quote from: greenberet on July 12, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

Here is the site : http://loqueignoras.com/Forum [nofollow]

Greenberet

Do you have a piece of code from another chat program still lingering in your index.template for that theme?

Not really, I removed all of the mods for any chat room that I have previously installed. Why will it give me a blank screen? when I switch back to the default, I see all the messages that I wrote while using my theme.

Would you like to see my index.template.php file?

Thanks a lot!

Greenberet

Advertisement: