News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF Media Gallery (SMG) - 2.0.5 is out! (December 2)

Started by SMGTeam, September 09, 2008, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

Quote from: M*I*B on February 25, 2010, 12:29:41 PM
... what's the Problem? If NAO can call me an Idiot I also can call him FranceMan or harder.
Calling you an idiot doesn't show me as an idiot hater. It just shows me as someone who has little patience with stupidity.
Calling me "FrenchMan", however, means you're being a bigot to the French. Being from the country that gave a meaning to modern bigotry, you should keep quiet on that matter. Now I just can't let that happen without taking notice.

I hereby revoke your license to use any of my mods, including SMF Media Gallery and Aeva Media. It's free software, don't expect me to take more of that from you.

QuoteAnd don't forget that NAO was the one starting with insults ...
*You* started to imply that I was thinking you were stupid, when I simply repeatedly reassured you that upgrading wouldn't break anything. I don't insult people until they've really started getting on my nerves. Good job on that...

QuoteOk, enough with this. I got help from other sides to locate and solve the problem (without trouble). For me the thing is closed and I delete the subscribtion for this thread.
Well it's pretty much too late for that. You're morally and legally unable to continue using my stuff. I can take insults all right. It may even make me laugh. But I'm VERY SERIOUS about bigot attacks.

@Kindred> Are you talking as man to man, or as the SMF Team representative?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nao 尚

I have a very short statement for you as a man ("I know! I'll try"), and a very, very long statement for you as the SMF team representative -- and you're not going to like it, as it basically says "I don't care". I've written it, then pasted it into a text file instead of posting it here directly.
Do you want it?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MarcusJ

I don't understand why some people can't follow simple instructions. 

1.  SMG is no longer supported.

2.  Upgrade to Aeva media if you want support. 

Why do people find it necessary to bash the folks who code us great plugins for FREE?  I get so tired of seeing that.

Nao, thank you for a quality addition to SMF.  Aeva media works perfectly for me.  A huge step up from SMG.  Don't let the ingrates get to you.  There are plenty of us out here who appreciate what you and others like you do for SMF.

Nao 尚

Now I like that better. You got the spirit ;D

(Wait until your gallery starts screwing up, eheh!)

Foreclosurepedia

Quote from: Nao on February 25, 2010, 09:05:45 AM
@ibrrorg> There is no "movement" of pictures from SMG to Aeva. It stays in the same place!! My, what's with you people? Don't you understand?! Aeva Media 1.0 really is SMF Media Gallery 3.0. It was rebranded because of an agreement with Dragooon, that I would own the moral rights on SMG 3.0 and he would retain the ones on earlier versions. I renamed it to make the change clearer. I even discussed it many times. I simply renamed database tables (they're automatically renamed when doing the upgrade for the first time), and didn't touch any of the files.  ??? ??? ???
And no, "SMG in its current state" will no longer (ever) be updated or supported. It's stated in the official mod page, in plain view! My!
And Unseen Items is the same as SMF's Unread Posts, only for items instead of topics.

Damn, where are my pills!!!!!

I'll attribute your frustration to your running gunbattles w/MIB.  Look, I just dropped by the thread to ask a simple question.  I upgraded in DEC09 and haven't had a reason to read the 277 pages of stuff as I've never had an issue. 

It would seem that as you aren't going to support the mod anymore it would make more sense to lock the thread than blow a gasket on folks like me. 
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Nao 尚

Well, I'm not asking for it to be locked mainly because (1) Dragooon can decide to support it himself after all (although it's very unlikely), and (2) some people just don't seem to understand that Aeva Media is the new SMG, and they should update.

Foreclosurepedia

I transferred over to your new deal (Aeva) and had no installation issues and I'm a newbie.  My galleries all moved along nicely.  Probably does far more than we hobos will ever understand, but as it:  a) does what we want; b) has support; and c) seems to be the future we are very thankful for your work!

I have a question or two; I will read ur thread at Aeva first, and if still unanswered will post there.
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Darkness_

how can I get the number of unseen items in the item. I use another theme

2.0 rc 1.2

echo '<li><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=mgallery" class="kwick opt2"><span>Gallerij</span></a></li>';

is has to be in this part after "Gallerij"

Nao 尚

No support provided for this mod anymore. Upgrade to Aeva Media or just handle yourself.
(Mods, feel free to lock the topic...)

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

SlammedDime

Nao - Please PM me if you would like SMG set to 'Archived' status on the mod site, which will create a warning on the mod page stating it is no longer supported as well.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

Advertisement: