News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] vBulletin 3.7

Started by SleePy, September 17, 2008, 03:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weerapat

I have a some problem follow..

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3.7. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'smfboard'@'localhost' for table 'user'

How can I do ?

ThorstenE

see Common conversion errors. .. the MySQL user for both forums must be the same.

pandusetiawan

The convert process was success....but no one can login after that unless they resetting pass. even after reseting pass, admin user can't admin the board.
Can somebody help me please? thx in advanced.

ThorstenE

The old passwords should work, I don't know what's going wrong..This should help you getting back the admin access:
I accidentally deleted my admin account, what do I do?

kevinshah82

not able to get the attachment of vb 3.7 convert.php

got the sql file now what?

blackcab94

Excellent piece of work guys converted from vb 3.7.1 to smf 1.1.8 no problem at all took about 5 secs to convert!!

sirNemanjapro

I have a problem with converting from vBulletin 3.7.2 to SMF 1.1.8.
My forum is 80% in Cyrillic, when I convert, only first forum room gets converted properly, others get weird signs. :(
None of the above applies.

sirNemanjapro

Преко плота
Приче из чаршије... 79 Posts
14 Topics Last post by Mello
in Нова година о...
on January 14, 2009, 12:08:25 PM
Ð"оле клабинг, живео корзо! 5 Posts
1 Topics Last post by Milos Dedijer
in Da su živi danas...
on January 13, 2009, 09:43:33 AM
Званични Ñ,,орум AVN + production Ñ,в емисије 28 Posts
5 Topics Last post by DzoA
in Krajem naše ulice - kom...
on November 14, 2008, 04:28:44 PM

ThorstenE

sirNemanjapro, Sorry but I cannot read your language.. can you explain your issues please?

sirNemanjapro

You see the first part, you can actually read the letters\words.

Other stuff is gibberish.

ThorstenE

do you know the vbulletin charset? (you can see the tables collation with phpMyAdmin) you should install SMF with the same charset and then run the conversion.

sirNemanjapro

Its the same collation. It dosent work. Can some one help me over IM?

sirNemanjapro

I didnt mentioned this, but I tried to fix HTML to UTF8 in admin panel, it didnt work.

ThorstenE

both are UTF-8? then install SMF and use a Cyrillic charset instead. during the conversion you should use "UTF-8".

benz1

Hi,

I've been given a backup of a vBulletin 3.7.4 database to import into an fresh SMF install. I do not have access to the original vBulletin forum am an unlikely to get it as this database is a subset of the main forum.

Is there any way I am going to be able to import this without having access to the original forum?

Thanks in anticipation,
Benz1

ThorstenE

our converter needs the old config.php from vBulletin, but you also can emulate this file:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=262571.msg1891729#msg1891729

benz1

Quote from: TE on March 15, 2009, 05:24:59 AM
our converter needs the old config.php from vBulletin, but you also can emulate this file:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=262571.msg1891729#msg1891729

Thanks TE but can you please treat me like a 6 yr old and tell me step by step what I need to do? What file do I change

---~ from_prefix: "" . $database . "." to ---~ from_prefix: "`" . $database . "`." . $prefix . "

in? I can't find this line in vbulletin37_to_smf.sql or convert.php but did find the following in vbulletin37_to_smf.sql

---~ from_prefix: "`" . $config['Database']['dbname'] . "`." . $config['Database']['tableprefix'] . ""

Do I need to change this line?

Is the process as follows?

• Create a new database on the SMF server (does it need a user added to it?)
  • Import the vBulletin backup into the new database
  • Create a migration.php with my database name and prefix
  • Edit ? to change the ---~ from_prefix: "" . $database . "." statement
  • place migration.php in a folder on the SMF server and use the path to this as the Path to vBulletin 3.7 when I run convert.php

Is there anything else I need to do?

Many thanks,
Benz1

ThorstenE

Ok, we go the easy way ;) try the attached version. you should be asked for a database and table prefix.

benz1

Quote from: TE on March 15, 2009, 04:15:43 PM
Ok, we go the easy way ;) try the attached version. you should be asked for a database and table prefix.

Thanks TE, that's really cool. Just having a few problems trying to import the database (it's 40MB zipped, 288MB unzipped!) and uses charset ISO-8859-1 which isn't one of the options in phpMyAdmin but otherwise it's all good  :)  (Any ideas how to overcome these issues?)

As and when we get it imported will try the convert with this custom file.

Many thanks,
Benz1

Advertisement: