[Theme] Chat Bubbles for SMF 1.0!

Started by spaceant, September 11, 2004, 06:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homeslice

Is it possible for it to be different colors other than light yellow ?

http://battle.ne1.net

Wordabuse Hip-Hop Forums!

spaceant

Quote from: Calista on January 28, 2005, 12:44:41 PM
Oh Spaceant...you're the dreamiest! *swoons*

Thanks.  :-*

Quote from: rickc on January 30, 2005, 04:24:07 PM
Space ant, IS this theme still available for D/L ?

Try the link on page [1] of this thread. Where did you click the link from? If there's a broken link somewhere I'd like to fix it ASAP.

Quote from: homeslice on January 31, 2005, 07:20:39 PM
Is it possible for it to be different colors other than light yellow ?

Not at this time, sorry.

graham

hi spaceant

you're the man m8  8)

no stress  :)

but just wondering if you're still up for posting a psd of the buttons or a couple of extra ones (news / software)?

btw what typeface are you using for the buttons?

cheers!

graham

gbodave

So  a logo at the top is not possible ??

spaceant

Quote from: gbodave on February 02, 2005, 06:22:04 AM
So  a logo at the top is not possible ??

It's quite possible, all you need is a fundamental understanding of HTML.

The place to modify it is in index.template.php, and you need to modify it in the template_main_above() function.

graham

yup

i managed to do it - it was a bit hit and miss because i'm not big on coding but i'll find the bit to change and post it on here

spaceant

graham:

typeface is the comic font. Here's the buttons:

graham

Mysterio

Hey. I have a few questions...

I haven't updated to the latest versiion of SMF 1.0(Or 1.0.2 or whatever the case may be), I've been busy, so the version of my forum is still SMF 1.0 Beta 5 Public, and also because I didn't want to update to the newest version until Chat Bubbles was updated for the newest version of SMF.

Now since Chat Bubbles have been updated, what should I do first? Download the new version of Chat Bubbles and install over the previous version of Chat Bubbles or make a new folder and then just install into that folder as a fresh copy?

Or should I first install the newest version of SMF 1.0.2 over SMF 1.0 Beta 5 Public and then after that, then install the newest version of Chat Bubbles?

But also, if I do install SMF 1.0.2 first, will this mess up my entire forum, like delete all the posts, boards, etc, since the Chat Bubbles I have installed isn't compatible with SMF 1.0.2?

What should I do?

Thank you.

Oldiesmann

I would do it this way:

Download the "upgrade" package from the downloads page.
Upload everything from that package on top of your current forum.
Download the latest version of the Chat Bubbles theme and upload that on top of your current version.
Finally, do the upgrade by running upgrade.php.

You won't lose any posts or anything this way.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

erzon

marcnyc

I decided to test this theme.
I get two errors:

one at the top of every topic viewing page:
Notice: Undefined index: mark_unread in /home/placeh00/domains/marc-us.com/public_html/gull/Sources/Load.php(1090) : eval()'d code on line 184

one at the bottom of every page:
Notice: Undefined index: is_mac_ie in /home/placeh00/domains/marc-us.com/public_html/gull/Sources/Load.php(1090) : eval()'d code on line 332

are there any reports and/or fixes of these errors?

By the way, yes I AM on Mac but I am NOT on IE, would never be, use strictly FireFox, I wonder why SMF thinks I am (any idea Unknown?)

[Unknown]

Quote from: marcnyc on February 20, 2005, 01:41:31 PM
I decided to test this theme.
I get two errors:

one at the top of every topic viewing page:
Notice: Undefined index: mark_unread in /home/placeh00/domains/marc-us.com/public_html/gull/Sources/Load.php(1090) : eval()'d code on line 184

one at the bottom of every page:
Notice: Undefined index: is_mac_ie in /home/placeh00/domains/marc-us.com/public_html/gull/Sources/Load.php(1090) : eval()'d code on line 332

are there any reports and/or fixes of these errors?

By the way, yes I AM on Mac but I am NOT on IE, would never be, use strictly FireFox, I wonder why SMF thinks I am (any idea Unknown?)

You're using a version of SMF older than 1.0.  You must upgrade before using newer themes.

-[Unknown]

erzon

very great theme well i dont have any problem with this theme

marcnyc

Hi I was wondering if the author could make the PhotoShop PSD file with layers available so I can make some changes and possibly translate it? Please email me to webmaster (at) featherfactory (dot) org
Thank you.

mennou

I love this theme...   is there anyhow i can add more  button on th emenu... i have other stuffs i want to add on the menu...i want to set up this theme as my default...how can i make all the feature works on this theme ... features such as   online today,banner,much more.....

erzon

Mendes

Hi,

Excuse for my bad english but I'm french and I try ;)
Can you make the french buttons please ?
thank you.

Mendes.

Jazhawk

I'm getting the same error as Marcnyc but my error shows up when I'm in my profile and click on Look and Layout preferences.  I'm running SMF 1.0.2.  My error shows on the bottom of  the screen.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: template_options() in /home/servername/public_html/blue/Sources/Load.php(1040) : eval()'d code on line 1158

-Jazhawk

dave

is there any update for that awesome theme chat bubbles for the current version??

Advertisement: