News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pimprelune

:D Hello!

As I don't speak english a lot  :-\ i'll just say: your theme is splendid!!!! I'm waiting after graphics in french if you can because i'd like to use your theme for a forum for artists (I'm actually working on it for one of my friends, an artist) and a lot of them are  quite lost with informatique

thank you very much really

En français: merci beaucoup pour ce thème splendide que j'aimerais utiliser pour un forum (actuellement en construction) destiné à des artistes amateurs. Comme beaucoup d'entre eux ne sont pas trop familiarisés ni avec l'informatique, ni avec l'anglais (encore moins que moi lol) s'il était possible d'avoir les images en français...ce serait bien! Merci beaucoup et encore bravo pour ce très beau thème

amicalement Pimprelune

bloc

I am working on a french button set ( several languages in fact ), and will have it ready soon. :)

bloc

Update on the theme. Fixed the corner/top logo thing, updated for RC2 and several language-sets are now available for download.

See first post for details.

Legolass

cool :) do i just upload it over the old one? i've modified the text colors and the on/off images - will this affect them?

Falck_11

øhmmm de knapper bloc hehe hvad fanden er suar  (Reply)
der skulle nok stå svar igen eller svar       suar er ikke dansk ved jeg da :P
get midgaard back !
www.eggheads.gen.tr

bloc

Quote from: Legolass on November 08, 2004, 01:53:13 PM
cool :) do i just upload it over the old one? i've modified the text colors and the on/off images - will this affect them?

Yes, try to backup at least your style.css,and on.gif, on2.gif and off.gif first. Better yet - the whole theme and then just update with the new files...after that you can overwrite the style.css and images again with your own.

bloc

Quote from: Falck_11 on November 08, 2004, 01:57:17 PM
øhmmm de knapper bloc hehe hvad fanden er suar (Reply)
der skulle nok stå svar igen eller svar suar er ikke dansk ved jeg da :P

(sukk) Det står faktisk "svar" - det er skrift-typen som er slik. Det er tatt fra den danske oversettelsen - og den er vel ikke feil?

For others that are curious - the font used in this is a bit special, sometimes a "v" looks like "u". ;)

ViSioNaRy

I have to admit I love this theme best of all! Saaaweet!  :D
Awesome work Bloc!
ViSioNaRy   ;D

Mad

I just wanted to say this is a great theme. I have the shoutbox installed and to show you how I accomodated it see the attached image. A little shorter than I would like it but I can live with it until my portal of choice is ready and I can just add it to a block ;D

If anyone wants my modded template file let me know and I will get it to you. Again great work everyone at my site likes this one best so far!

One thing about this layout I like is when that topbar is minimized so is the shoutbox.
>:( -Mad- >:(

bloc

;D It looks great! I assume you have placed it in the theme files? If you want it taller, you *could* put your code inside a <div> or a <table> tag..specifying the height there. But I agreed that  shoutbox in a block is better.

As for blocks and portals, I am doing a small portal of my own...tightly integrated with the themes and SMF, but its early stages yet. I just dont want 2 systems on my forum/website, so I am doing it as a mod within SMF.

Anyway, just ask if your are stuck on something in the theme - maybe I can help out. :)

Pause

You know the buttons you've used for it? Like the bit saying 'Home' etc.? Well, do you have any blank ones (or any chance you'd submit it to the button generator)? As I'd want to be able to have a button labelled 'Affiliates', one labelled 'Arcade' etc.
"You and me, inside that box, now." - The Doctor

Bite Fusion
Fusion Web Network
VG Fusion
Wrestling Fusion + Wrestling Fusion Forums

bloc

The font I use is a bit esoteric...but just post your requests here, and I will make them.

First off:

If you want icons, let me know. :)

Mad

Yeah with themes for YaBB I was much more confortable working with them. My PHP is lacking at best. I am good with html and I know the PHP basics. I can look through a file and kinda tell what is going on but in the end, I can only get things to work by trying 50 of my "theories" :P I mean at one point on my page when you minimized the header the entire page with the exception of the topbox where you put your banner would minimize lol. In the end I finally managed to get it to work :D

Anyways good job once again I will let you know if I need buttons ;D

[Unknown]

If you found YaBB's template easier... use it ;).

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16842.0

I still would say the more advanced ones, like Helios, impossible with the YaBB method... are better.

-[Unknown]

Midgard

DeadSpider

Quote from: Bloc on September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM
"topbar" added. Put in your own HTML code at the very top of the page.

Where can I find Topbar at ?? To add HTML to?

bloc

Look in your admin section , under "current theme settings".

Mad

Quote from: [Unknown] on November 18, 2004, 01:17:05 AM
If you found YaBB's template easier... use it ;).

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=16842.0

I still would say the more advanced ones, like Helios, impossible with the YaBB method... are better.

-[Unknown]
It is indeed easier but it also sucks way more than a cool theme like this :) it just means I have to rely more on people to make cool themes lol

Alisha

Well honestly I myself at one time preferred the a yabb version better, although after a few months on here, I have LEARNED SO Much about PHP / HTML and sites.  I would not trade this experience for anything.  I read today someplace about unknown talking about learning from building this forum, well he is right, SMF brings the webmaster into the development of the forum and the theme.  The easy way isn't always the best way.  This is a powerful forum, at version 1.0, I dare to imagine version 6.0 or later.

with that said, do what I did, change into comfy cloths, some coke, and read, read, read, post, post, post.  You will not find a better support staff anywhere.

Now, why I am here, Helios (Green), I hope this is the right topic. I was wondering if Version 1.0 will have the News in the header like the brown one?  Or can I make that change myself? 

Also my button request: Staff, Tournaments, DanceLogs, Chatrooms, Arcades, Machines, & other

no, hurry, when you get the time... :) Thanks a Bunch....

bloc

Quote from: Alisha on November 18, 2004, 11:59:28 PM
Now, why I am here, Helios (Green), I hope this is the right topic. I was wondering if Version 1.0 will have the News in the header like the brown one? Or can I make that change myself?

Also my button request: Staff, Tournaments, DanceLogs, Chatrooms, Arcades, Machines, & other

no, hurry, when you get the time... :) Thanks a Bunch....

Um, not quite sure what you mean by news on top? The newsbox is either to the right of the userbox or underneath it..I think in both RC1 and RC2 versions. But is it your wish to have it on top instead of the current setup?

Advertisement: