News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gam-Man

Hey, I am going to just use the top block for now, until I can figure out how to put the ads there.  Good suggestions though!

bobo7795

What's the easiest way to mod this template to work with the arcade??

bloc

In the latest Helios version, for the button - use one of the "custom-button" options to simply link to the arcade page. For display in posts you need to change Display.template.php with required code. I think thats it.

bloc

Great work, but it still renders some gaps in the graphics. There seem to be missing background images as well.

Kolya

Dunno if this has been mentioned here yet, but the German language files don't reflect these changes in Admin-->Current Theme's Settings:
(Proposed translation in "")

- Forum width:
"Forumbreite:"

- Use either numbers(pixels) or a percent, like "700" or "85%"
"Verwende entweder Pixelanzahl oder Prozentangaben, wie "700" bzw. "85%""

-  Default theme color:
"Standard Forumfarbe:"
("Original, Rot, Grün, Silber, Blau, Gold")

- Turn off the color chooser!
"Schalte die Forumfarbwahl aus!"

- Use button 1
"Verwende Button 1"

- Path:
"Dateipfad:"

- Just use the filename, and be sure to put the image in "Helios_Multi/images/"
"Einfach den Dateinamen angeben und die Bilddatei in "Helios_Multi/images/" ablegen"

- Link:
"Auszuführender Link:"

- Show for members only? 
"Nur für Mitglieder sichtbar?"

Kolya

Kolya

Here's a patch for the issue addressed above. It's really needed since nothing showed up for all the points described above. (Not even the English texts.)

So extract the file "Settings.german.php" from this archive to:
Themes\helios_multi\languages\

I couldn't change the colors' names but I guess that's okay.

Kolya

soulessmirage

Don't know if this has been said but in a post the paths of forum are alll bunched like the table disappears and it is all cramped...

bloc

Quote from: Kolya on June 23, 2005, 09:22:15 PM
Here's a patch for the issue addressed above. It's really needed since nothing showed up for all the points described above. (Not even the English texts.)

So extract the file "Settings.german.php" from this archive to:
Themes\helios_multi\languages\

I couldn't change the colors' names but I guess that's okay.

Kolya

thank you, Kolya. i will add the german strings to the archive. :)

bloc

Quote from: soulessmirage on June 23, 2005, 09:36:53 PM
Don't know if this has been said but in a post the paths of forum are alll bunched like the table disappears and it is all cramped...

Do you have a example?..I am not sure what you mean.

Kolya

Serious problem: When clicking the upshrink button the whole forum disappears and can't be restored without deleting the SMF-cookies.
I cannot access my (Admin-)account at the moment as the faulty cookies are reset as soon as I do.
I tested with different browsers - same thing.
http://www.strangebedfellows.schwarzsilber.de/index.php

Any tips/ideas?

Kolya

bloc

You are better off adjsuting the code first, to get in at least.

Just go into index.template.php and find id="upshrinkHeader" in there.

Then the next words are something like "empty($options['collapse_header']) ? '' : ' style="display: none;". Set this to ....display: auto;

I don't why this has happened, but you probably have edited it such that the rest of table is "hidden" when upshrinked. Thats what the id="upshrinkHeader" will do. So you need to check if thats set on something not closed for example. Use the original Helios as a reference.

Kolya

First of all: This is NOT a problem related to ORIGINAL Helios multi.
Don't worry anyone.  :)

The problem is obviously related to that permanent Users-Online-Display at the top, you built for me.
I haven't changed the file myself. I'm not much of a PHP-Coder... :-[
Since it worked before, that hack might be incompatible to the latest upgrade to SMF 1.05 somehow.

I tried setting it to auto, as you said and could get in. But it only worked so far.
Clicking the button still made the forum vanish. A simple reload brought it back though.
Currently I have reverted to the original index.template.php of Helios Multi, which works fine as I said.

Hopefully you can have a look at the file to reintegrate that hack sometime, as I really liked it, but it's not urgent of course. Anyway thank you for your help. :)

Kolya

bloc

UPDATE! There is now a version of Helios that will support any of the following mods(if you have them installed):

-  The Bar Of Experience 1.2
-  Integrated Chat 2.3
-  Music Database 3.1
-  OnLine Users Today 1.2
-  SMF Arcade 1.0.3
-  Visual Warning / Post Moderation 1.21

See first post for more details and download links.

Northerner

oh sure, you couldnt have this up two days ago before i installed original? LOL

jazz

Quote from: Bloc on June 26, 2005, 07:16:44 PM
UPDATE! There is now a version of Helios that will support any of the following mods(if you have them installed):

-  The Bar Of Experience 1.2
-  Integrated Chat 2.3
-  Music Database 3.1
-  OnLine Users Today 1.2
-  SMF Arcade 1.0.3
-  Visual Warning / Post Moderation 1.21

See first post for more details and download links.

That's great!  How about the MultiColor Helios with TinyPortal?  Is that available yet?

Kolya

Accessing any topic after updating to the premodded version only gives me this error:
2: file_exists() [<a href='http://www.php.net/function.file-exists'>function.file-exists</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/Arcade.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/www/htdocs/kolya/)
File: /www/htdocs/kolya/Themes/helios/Display.template.php (eval?)
Line: 317

Either my path is wrong or that's a bug...checking...
Well it seems like it's looking for a file (Arcade.php) that would be part of a mod I guess (SMF Arcade 1.0.3). Does that mean I have to install every mod that Helios is premodded for?
I would consider this a bug since I never had the Arcade installed nor did I change the files of Helios_Multi_Premodded in any way.

The titlebar of "UsersOnlineToday" uses the titlebg.gif whereas all the other stats (Members, Forum Stats, etc) use catbg.gif in their title.... Is this information more important than the others?

Possibly the colorchoice could load different css-files matching the themecolor?
For a start one could create the css oneself as long as the choice loads them.

Kolya

bloc

hm..it seems the file_exists() function is not allowed on every server. I will change this. Def. a bug. ;)

"useronlinetoday" should have the same as the others..thank you for posting it, I will correct that too.

Kolya

Nice to see you're checking here and working on it! Thank you Bloc!

Kolya

Advertisement: