[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northerner

yep, i knew i had to be blind!! LOL

i have clicked on that button before but i only noticed what was messed up and not the messages box that appears! it really should have some kind of name on it so people can find their messages folder!

any ideas how i can fix this after i click the little button?

Ciinien

SOLVED via forums reinstall. Sorry for the panic, I just haven't had much sleep lately and HAVE HAD far too many 3 Muskateers bars and caffiene...  :P

A little info to get started with:
  • URL: Black Swan Online This is a localhost url, no need to waste time trying to surf to it
  • Template(s) used: Helios-multi (last version before the helios-multi 11 update)
  • Any and all MODs: SMF; SMF bridge
  • Windows version: XP Pro 5.1.2600 SP2
  • Version of PHP: 4.3.3
  • Version of Apache: 2.0.47
  • Which database server and version: MySQL 4.0.15
  • Version of Mambo: 4.5.3
  • Version of SMF: 1.1.3b (w/SMF bridge v3.19a_stable installed)
  • Did someone install this for you/who: No, self-install
  • Is this an upgrade/from what to what: N/A
  • Is this a conversion/from what to what: N/A
  • Have you searched for your problem: Yes. I always search pretty exhaustively before asking.
  • State the nature of your problem: See below
  • Do you have a test account for us: Unfortunately, since this is a localhost installation for testing before moving to my production server, a test account is not possible at this time.

Well, I had the theme working perfectly on my site. Installed sef404 and, man, it took out my entire site. The addOn works well for a great many, I've found, but I for one will never go near it again. At any rate, I had to dump my entire site and start all over again from scratch. All went well and I'm back up and running. However, now when trying to log in as Admin on the forums (using Helios), I get the following error, which is not directly Helios related, I know. Be that as it may, maybe someone here can shed some light on this since it is SMF 1.1.3b, after all... ;)

I surf to the forum, all well. Try to log in from the top login boxes, or click on the Admin button to log in (haven't gotten far enough to create a regular test user at the moment) and receive the following error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: md5_hmac() in D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mambo\forums\Sources\MOS_SMF.php on line 176

Any ideas on how to correct, anyone? I have downloaded the latest update and will install it once I can get to the SMF Admin again.

Great work on this theme, Bloc. It is one of the best looking ones I've run across. I plan to later modify the colors just a little to better fit with my overall site coloration, but other than that I am very happy with it.

Cheers!
Ci
LotRO  Info Central

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It just annoys the pig and frustrates you. " -- an old saying

beemer

Quote from: Northerner on July 08, 2005, 12:29:33 PM
yep, i knew i had to be blind!! LOL

i have clicked on that button before but i only noticed what was messed up and not the messages box that appears! it really should have some kind of name on it so people can find their messages folder!

any ideas how i can fix this after i click the little button?

not sure what that is northerner, I just have an up/down image next th the home button.

it looks like you are missing a button image (mod?)  try right clicking and see where it point too - missing graphic?
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

Northerner

[quote}not sure what that is northerner, I just have an up/down image next th the home button.

it looks like you are missing a button image (mod?)  try right clicking and see where it point too - missing graphic?
[/quote]

well i just tried something and when i go into a board i then click on the button and it works fine
but when im at main forum page and click the button, i get the mess that is shown in my pic above!
not sure what is causing this????

when i am in looking at a thread i can open up the message window and i can refresh the screen
and the message window is still open. but if im on main page and open the message window, the
mess shows up and if i refresh, the message window is then closed.

and as for the mess in the picture, i can right click the 'red x' and this is what i get for properties
http://shadow-clan.com/forums/index.php?action=jsoption;var=collapse_header;val=0;sesc=60086e6410fff10e2404d1bb779d9571

any ideas??
(and i hope i made sense)

bloc

You are missing a image , Northener. "Blank.gif" in the "images" folder of your Helios theme.

The link you are seing is the key to the automatic upshrink routine. It will remember the state , even if the page isn't refreshed( = goes through the server again). Simply by sending a query through that image.

bloc

Quote from: Ciinien on July 08, 2005, 12:50:21 PM

I surf to the forum, all well. Try to log in from the top login boxes, or click on the Admin button to log in (haven't gotten far enough to create a regular test user at the moment) and receive the following error:[/list]Fatal error: Call to undefined function: md5_hmac() in D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\mambo\forums\Sources\MOS_SMF.php on line 176

Any ideas on how to correct, anyone? I have downloaded the latest update and will install it once I can get to the SMF Admin again.

Great work on this theme, Bloc. It is one of the best looking ones I've run across. I plan to later modify the colors just a little to better fit with my overall site coloration, but other than that I am very happy with it.

Cheers!
    Ci

The file "MOS_SMF.php" is not part of SMF, maybe the Mambo brigde? Anyhow, looks like its messed up somehow. I would suggest starting over with Mambo/brigde/SMF, especially since its a local installation.

Northerner

bloc

Check what image is missing then..by looking at its properties, what path its looking for.

Northerner

i right click on the little images to see the properties and those images are in the right folder
    but as shown above the white box with red x shows different properties as shown in the code window.

just so you know i am using IE6 and thats where im getting the error. i opened up the forum with Firefox and the up/down buttons work fine and no mess ups happen.

so what is different that things arent working correctly with IE??

maybe join my forum and see if you have the problem yourself with your browser?
    http://www.shadow-clan.com/forums/

Northerner

i just noticed the difference between the two browsers

IE6 = http://www.shadow-clan.com/forums/

Firefox = http://shadow-clan.com/forums/index.php

i used the URL from firefox in IE and the up/down works fine. so what is the problem with have www in the URL?

gizmo28

I keep getting this error, Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. , whenever I try to change a user's karma from topic view with this theme, works fine on the default theme, any hints to why this would happen.

Edit:
    Hmm looks like I found the problem:

Code in Helios Display.template.php:

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=modifykarma;sa=applaud;uid=', $message['member']['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.' . $context['start'], ';m=', $message['id'], '">', $modSettings['karmaApplaudLabel'], '</a>

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=modifykarma;sa=smite;uid=', $message['member']['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';m=', $message['id'], '">', $modSettings['karmaSmiteLabel'], '</a><br />';

Changed to this:

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=modifykarma;sa=applaud;uid=', $message['member']['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.' . $context['start'], ';m=', $message['id'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $modSettings['karmaApplaudLabel'], '</a>

<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=modifykarma;sa=smite;uid=', $message['member']['id'], ';topic=', $context['current_topic'], '.', $context['start'], ';m=', $message['id'], ';sesc=', $context['session_id'], '">', $modSettings['karmaSmiteLabel'], '</a><br />';

Seems seesion id was missing in the lines in the Theme for SMF v1.1beta3.

Ciinien

Quote from: Bloc on July 08, 2005, 03:29:15 PM...Anyhow, looks like its messed up somehow.

Ya think? bwahaaa... Sorry, Bloc, just kidding--I simply couldn't stop laughing at the above line. Actually I did start over again and all is right with learning Mambo and SMF again. Re-installation is kind of touchy due to the fact that without a complete and utter dumping of all concerned files, some vestiges of the old configuration remains behind. This time I completely deleted all traces of Mambo, SMF and the bridge from my web server directory hierarchy, cleared cache and cookies, shut down the browser and started as if I'd never installed any of the software before. That was the only approach that finally worked for me, although other's mileage may vary of course.

Now I am furiously rebuilding the site to deploy it on my new ISP's servers middle of next week when my new domain is ready to go. Keep a weather eye on: blackswanonline.org in the upcoming week (probably nearer next weekend, actually) to see the site in action, replete with Helios_Multi_Blue. Don't suppose you'd turn all those theming talents toward a WoW (Alliance faction) template could you? :P

Cheers!
    Ci
    LotRO  Info Central

"Never try to teach a pig to sing. It just annoys the pig and frustrates you. " -- an old saying

Ciinien

Quote from: Northerner on July 08, 2005, 06:51:52 PM
    i just noticed the difference between the two browsers

IE6 = http://www.shadow-clan.com/forums/

Firefox = http://shadow-clan.com/forums/index.php

i used the URL from firefox in IE and the up/down works fine. so what is the problem with have www in the URL?

Depends on how your ISP has it aliased in their DNS settings and lookup records. Some alias so that it works either way. Some alias that the www is required. Ask your ISP what their preference is and go with that unless they will enter it in their lookup and reverse lookup tables to work with or without the www prefix.

Great site, by the way. Little too many graphics gizmos for my taste, but a great design and layout, nonetheless.

Cheers!
    Ci
    LotRO  Info Central

Gargoyle

Bloc you were such a great help with the break tags I was wondering if you knew of a good place to put google ads on this template. I am using version 1.0.5 of this theme.

I would like them to be toward the bottom of the forum. The top is alright but the side is no good at all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

bloc

Quote from: Ciinien on July 09, 2005, 02:21:36 AM
    Now I am furiously rebuilding the site to deploy it on my new ISP's servers middle of next week when my new domain is ready to go. Keep a weather eye on: blackswanonline.org in the upcoming week (probably nearer next weekend, actually) to see the site in action, replete with Helios_Multi_Blue. Don't suppose you'd turn all those theming talents toward a WoW (Alliance faction) template could you? :P

Cheers!
    Ci

Will check it out when its online. As for WoW theme, I do have a draft lying around, haven't had the time to look more on it though, so no promises. :)

bloc

Quote from: Gargoyle on July 09, 2005, 02:04:01 PM
    Bloc you were such a great help with the break tags I was wondering if you knew of a good place to put google ads on this template. I am using version 1.0.5 of this theme.

I would like them to be toward the bottom of the forum. The top is alright but the side is no good at all.

It depends..do you want them on all pages, or just the posts etc.?

Gargoyle

Quote from: Bloc on July 09, 2005, 02:24:27 PM
    Quote from: Gargoyle on July 09, 2005, 02:04:01 PM

It depends..do you want them on all pages, or just the posts etc.?

All pages would be best. Unless there is a way to turn them off in non-public areas. Then I would want them in all public areas but not in the members only sections of the forum.

bloc

Just showing it to guests perhaps could work. Do you got the actual code to display?

Gargoyle

No I haven't generated it yet. I am up in the air about the colors I want to use. I want to ads viewable by everyone so just showing it to guests really won't help me any.

Thanks for the thought though. I know the adsense script is in java so i can post some previously used code to give you an idea of what it looks like..

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "removed";
    google_alternate_ad_url = "removed";
    google_ad_width = 728;
    google_ad_height = 90;
    google_ad_format = "728x90_as";
    google_ad_channel ="";
    google_color_border = "000000";
    google_color_bg = "262626";
    google_color_link = "FFCF90";
    google_color_url = "FFCF90";
    google_color_text = "FFFFFF";
    //--></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
      src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>

ProjectXIII

What do I remove in index.template.php to get rid of the welcome box (with avatar, total logged in time, new posts, etc), the Stats/Time bar and the navigation menu at the top of the template?

Advertisement: