[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaon

don't know if it has been already said (I've checked the last pages of this topic ...)
There is some "bugs" in the french version of Helios theme :

first, the home.gif correct spelling is "Accueil" ;)
here is the button :

The second bug is in admin, setting the theme's properties :
English version :

French version :

Something is missing I guess ^^
Here is the translation :
Forum Width = "Largeur du forum"
Use either numbers(pixels) or a percent, like "700" or "85%" = "Utilisez soit un nombre (pixels) soit un pourcentage, comme "700" ou "85%" "
Default theme color: = "Couleur du theme par défaut :"
Use button 1 = "Utiliser le bouton 1"
Path: = "Chemin :"
Just use the filename, and be sure to put the image in "Helios_Multi/images/" = "Utilisez simplement le nom du fichier, et assurez vous de mettre l'image dans "Helios_Multi/images/"
Link: = "Lien :"
Show for members only? = "Montrer uniquement aux membres?"

And the last point :
the "new.gif" image is missing in french... it's not really a problem, 'cause it's replaced by the text version "Nouveau"...

Thanks for this nice theme ;)

EDIT : hmmm... what is button 1, button 2, button 3 ?
I tried to put some links, but never saw results :S

Gargoyle

Bloc...

I have updated to the 1.1 version of this theme and forum code. My problem can be viewed here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=40311.msg321058#msg321058

Any insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated.

bloc

Quote from: Kaon on August 05, 2005, 03:55:50 AM

EDIT : hmmm... what is button 1, button 2, button 3 ?
I tried to put some links, but never saw results :S

Thansk for the translation, I will add this to the archive.

Button 1-3 are your own links/buttons. But you MUST add a link and a image path to it, otherwise it won't show. Its done like this so you can hide any of them, by just setting them to blank.

bloc

Quote from: Gargoyle on August 05, 2005, 03:53:18 PM
Bloc...

I have updated to the 1.1 version of this theme and forum code. My problem can be viewed here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=40311.msg321058#msg321058

this happens only with Helios? The default theme is fine?

Gargoyle

Quote from: Bloc on August 06, 2005, 04:34:56 AM
Quote from: Gargoyle on August 05, 2005, 03:53:18 PM
Bloc...

this happens only with Helios? The default theme is fine?

Default theme yields same results but I was asked to ask you about it.

bloc

Its not theme specific then.

I am not sure what causes this..pictures show either thumbnails or links randomly(seemingly) ...have you checked size of attachment folder? gone over the settings for attachments?

Gargoyle

Yes I have done all of that. I agree on the random thing. It picks and chooses which files are good enough for it and which ones are not pretty randomly.

Hey while I have you here how can I change the highlight color on the calendar view? Mine is really off. It's like a light blue color.

Thanks for your time... ;D

bloc

The calendar? You need to adjust default theme colors then..since Helios doesn't use its own calendar template. Admin/Calendar/ ..find the colors defined down there.

Gargoyle

No I mean the highlight color in the calendar itself...

You know when it highlights the current day when you are viewing the calendar ?

I would think it would be in a .css file or something. Maybe a setting I can edit or add to the helios .css file ?

Gargoyle

It's line 37 of Calendar.template.php

For some reason it is hard coded. I know you are not responsible for the code in the default template but do you now how I could go about making it a variable ?

Just curious... ;D

bloc

You could just copy the Calendar template over to Helios, adjust it and then that will be used instead of default theme. I haven't included it because it was just one tiny change.

Gargoyle

Quote from: Bloc on August 06, 2005, 07:46:35 PM
You could just copy the Calendar template over to Helios, adjust it and then that will be used instead of default theme. I haven't included it because it was just one tiny change.

Does that hold true with all of the template files ? If I just place them in the helios directory they become the default ones ?

If so that would make life a bit easier on me...

Thanks for the tip Bloc.

bloc

Yes, thats exactly how you create a theme.Copy the ones you want to change, and the rest will just be falling back on default theme.

The benefits are great, because you basically can just alter index.template and style.css, and not worrying about all the other templates - if thats is what you require.

Gargoyle

Very cool!

Thanks again for the tip. This forum code is much more powerful and user friendly than I ever thought.

One last thing and I will leave you alone I promise.... ;D  What is your avatar ?? I have stared at that thing for a long time and have no idea what I am looking at.

DemonicInfluence

When I check the detailed version checker, for the current themes (helios multi for 1.1), I get this:

QuoteCurrent Templates   1.1 Beta 3   1.1 Beta 3 Public
BoardIndex.template.php   1.1 Beta 3   1.1 Beta 3 Public
Calendar.template.php   1.1 Beta 3 Public   1.1 Beta 3 Public
Display.template.php   1.1 Beta 3   1.1 Beta 3 Public
MessageIndex.template.php   1.1 Beta 3   1.1 Beta 3 Public
Settings.template.php   1.0   1.1 Beta 3 Public
Themes.template.php   1.1 Beta 3   1.1 Beta 3 Public
index.template.php   1.1 Beta 3   1.1 Beta 3 Public

Only calendar.template.php is 1.1 beta 3 public. Since the templates work, can I just change the version thing on the top of the templates?

bloc

If you want. Its more internal than anything for Helios. :)

Moose27

At the top of my forum, it says who the latest member was, how many posts there are, and how many topics there are. But in the spot for how many members there are, it just says Members, and the number is blank.

Any help?

(Link - hxxp:www.moosetv.net/forum [nonactive])

Moose27

Gargoyle

Your forum stat stuff doesn't look like it's working either...

What version of SMF are you using? Also what version of Helios are you using?

I ran both 1.0.5 and 1.1 and had no problems. But I have read if you have different versions of the theme and SMF stuff won't work right.

bloc

Its probably that. Try to download the Helios_multi, not the Helios_multi11 - and see if it changes things.

Advertisement: