[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Gong

To be honest:

This is one of the greates Templates I have seen so far.
Thank you for this excellent masterpiece.

Great Job !

autumn_whispers2me

I agree totally... it's an awesome theme!  But it does help in a huge way to have the right version installed! LOL  I had the wrong one installed initially.  Boy was I embarrassed!  hehe
Come to the dark side.  We have cookies!

NOS ChromeNut

Quote from: Bloc on August 18, 2005, 05:35:16 AM
Its probably that. Try to download the Helios_multi, not the Helios_multi11 - and see if it changes things.

Moose, your site says' it's running SMf 1.0.5, but you have beta 3 Helios!  If you look at the very bottom of your forums main page you see the SMF 1.0.5 tag line. Then if you right click and open up the page source you see this line down maybe line 20ish or so:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://moosetv.net/forum/Themes/helios/style.css?beta3" />

This indicates that you have Helios them for 1.1 Beta 3, and it will never work right.  I also fell into this and had to uninstall the Helios theme, and reinstall the one for 1.0.5.

autumn_whispers2me

That's what happened to me, too. lol  Only I didn't uninstall the theme for beta, just installed the one for 1.0.5 since I'm sure I'll be upgrading at some point.  :)
Come to the dark side.  We have cookies!

Gargoyle

I found a bit of a bug... Not really a bug but a coding improvement for the 1.1 version. The members awaiting approval link does not go where it should go. I changed mine to the following and it works perfectly.

index.template.php lines 223-226
// Are there any members waiting for approval?
                if (!empty($context['unapproved_members']))
                        echo '<br />
                                                        ', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_thereis'] : $txt['approve_thereare'], ' <a href="', $scripturl, '?action=viewmembers;sa=browse;type=approve">', $context['unapproved_members'] == 1 ? $txt['approve_member'] : $context['unapproved_members'] . ' ' . $txt['approve_members'], '</a> ', $txt['approve_members_waiting'];

Feldan

I have a stats page for my game server. Where would i put the link so the stats tab in the forums takes you to the stats page?

gunky

Excellent theme! I just tried installing it as my site's default and I got this error:

"Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!"

Other than installing the theme, I have not altered any other files (I wouldn't know how to!)
I'm running SMF 1.0.5 @ hxxp:tasteslikemusic.com/forum/index.php [nonactive]

Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

bloc

Quote from: Feldan on August 24, 2005, 10:37:24 PM
I have a stats page for my game server. Where would i put the link so the stats tab in the forums takes you to the stats page?

The stats tab? Where exactly do you mean? up top or the [more stats] link at the bottom?

bloc

Quote from: gunky on August 25, 2005, 12:21:32 AM
Excellent theme! I just tried installing it as my site's default and I got this error:

"Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!"

Other than installing the theme, I have not altered any other files (I wouldn't know how to!)
I'm running SMF 1.0.5 @ http://tasteslikemusic.com/forum/index.php

Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks.

Never owerwrite the default folder..because Helios use a great deal of the templates there for itself. That is - the ones that are not modified. You see, the default folder is a "fallback" for all other themes. Put Helios in a another folder, and allow members to JUST use Helios, if you wish to use just one theme.

Feldan

The stats tab at top left :) Thanks for the great theme bloc, i really liked it at first and the more i play with it the more i like it. Now i love it, awesome work :D

I just realized i was alittle vague on what i was asking. Is it possible to make that stats graphic at top left clickable. So when members click on it, it takes them to the stats page :) If not than change the stats next to it with a link to the page?

Northerner

i need to get my error log fixed so i dont have to keep deleting it all the time.
the forum seems to always be running fine now but i have all these errors!

the following are the errors that im getting, and it looks like it might all be related to 'theme_color' ???
any ideas??

8: Undefined index: theme_color
File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (eval?)
Line: 250

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/helios/Display.template.php (eval?)
Line: 249

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/helios/BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/default/languages/InstantMessage.english.php (eval?)

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Recent.template.php (eval?)

Feldan

Ok i added logo through admin. But now the stats and what not are all bunched up along the left hand side. Can i put the logo above the box that it is currently in so the stats stay normal and the logo is above?

If i have to use html or something could you please post it if its not to much trouble, i have no idea about HTML. Trying to learn but this is all really new to me :)

Have a look at what i mean hxxp:www.the-darksidel2.com/forum/ [nonactive]

TedNigma

Unable to load the 'trackIP' template

error occurs when I attempt to track an IP.

TedNigma

Disregard, I found if you copy the profile template file from default to helios, it works aok!

AWESOME THEME!!  VERY nice not to have to remod the mods.  ;)

Feldan

QuoteOk i added logo through admin. But now the stats and what not are all bunched up along the left hand side. Can i put the logo above the box that it is currently in so the stats stay normal and the logo is above?

If i have to use html or something could you please post it if its not to much trouble, i have no idea about HTML. Trying to learn but this is all really new to me

Have a look at what i mean hxxp:www.the-darksidel2.com/forum/ [nonactive]

Forgot to say that i added the logo using the little link box under the big box where you add the html.

Bloc where are you?   :P

DemonicInfluence

Quote from: Northerner on August 29, 2005, 12:29:21 PM
i need to get my error log fixed so i dont have to keep deleting it all the time.
the forum seems to always be running fine now but i have all these errors!

the following are the errors that im getting, and it looks like it might all be related to 'theme_color' ???
any ideas??

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Errors.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/helios/Display.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/helios/BoardIndex.template.php (eval?)

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/default/languages/InstantMessage.english.php (eval?)

File: /home/shadow/public_html/forums/Themes/default/Recent.template.php (eval?)

try defining the theme color by changing the theme color... or in the theme settings, save the default settings for the theme color of helios..

Northerner

Quotetry defining the theme color by changing the theme color... or in the theme settings, save the default settings for the theme color of helios..

i have no clue what you just said or how to go about doing it??

bloc

Go into "current theme settings" and set "default color" there once. Press save.

The error should not appear at all really..but this might help, since it then gets "stored".

Northerner

i opened "current theme settings" and the only thing that shows 'color' is "Modify the style.css file. (colors, fonts, etc.)"

what am i missing? i dont see anything that says 'default color' anywhere on the page?

bloc

"Default theme color" - its a listbox a bit down.

Advertisement: