[Theme] Helios Multi (SMF v1.0.5 - 1.1RC2)

Started by bloc, September 22, 2004, 05:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekend camper

Quote from: clickbouyow on September 22, 2005, 08:13:05 AM
Parts of Helios Multi are not compatible with 1.1RC1.

Under Profile|Track User, Profile|Track IP and Profile|Permissions I get the following:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'trackUser' template. 

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'trackIP' template. 

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the 'showPermissions' template. 

And the read and unread icons in Personal Messages are no longer working.  Everything else seems functional.

5 by 5 here on a CM 1.1RC1 install (from beta 4) on Helios multi11.

Track IP, Track User were fine, Show Permissions fine, don't know about the PM icons mine worked ... check your install directory?

clickbouyow

Install directory?  What should I check about it.  It worked with 1.0.5 and doesn't with 1.1RC1.  Permission are all set to 755.  I don't have any idea what else to do.

EDIT UPDATE:

I rechecked all the permissions.  There are all 755. 

bloc

If you upgraded from 1.0.5 to 1.1RC1 then its bound to have problems. But from 1.1beta3, which Helios_multi11 is meant for, may work better.

I haven't got around to updating yet though - for the RC1 version.

clickbouyow

Thanks.  I installed Helios Multi11 and it works fine.  So it must be the older version of Helios.

DMS_Shaun

I can't wait for the RC1 version of Helios_multi to come out.  I want to update so badly right now because I'm bored, but Helios_Multi is the only Theme that "flows" with my site.  *sits on hands until Bloc finishes*  haha  I <3 you Bloc.  All your work is fantastic!

coldthunder

clickbouyow

The new thread pulsing icons are great, but hard to see.  is there any way to lighten them, or change their color?

bloc

If you have a program to edit animated gif files, you could lighten them of course.

J. Williams

I did edits to your theme said in the template changes.The only problem was topbottomenable appearing in the error log & a few bits couldn't be changed.
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

clickbouyow

Quote from: Bloc on September 24, 2005, 12:54:35 PM
If you have a program to edit animated gif files, you could lighten them of course.

OK. I'll give it a shot.  Any idea which graphic file it is? 

bloc

Quote from: clickbouyow on September 24, 2005, 03:01:48 PM
Quote from: Bloc on September 24, 2005, 12:54:35 PM

OK. I'll give it a shot.  Any idea which graphic file it is? 

On.gif for new posts and off.gif for no new posts. Also on2.gif is used for new posts in child boards-only.

clickbouyow

One more thing.  Since I installed SMF 1.1RC1, I get the following error when I click on the "Mark as Read" button:

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

It was suggested that I follow the instructions here (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=50411.0#post_index)  and make changes to the templates.  Since this is your work, I didn't think I should be messing with it.

I started looking through the changes and everything seemed pretty straight forward, until I reached here on the display.template.php.  The instructions say find this:

<div align="', !$context['right_to_left'] ? 'right' : 'left', '" style="margin-bottom: 1ex;">
<form action="', $scripturl, '" method="get" name="jumptoForm">;
<span class="smalltext">' . $txt[160] . ':</span>
<select name="jumpto" id="jumpto" onchange="if (this.selectedIndex > 0 &amp;&amp; this.options[this.selectedIndex].value) window.location.href = smf_scripturl + this.options[this.selectedIndex].value.substr(smf_scripturl.indexOf(\'?\') == -1 ? 0 : 1);">

however this is not in the file.  So I thought instead of messing it up, I would let you know of the issue.

hawkman

This is the slickest theme I have seen and and I have examined a lot of themes.  My only problem is that I have a support group forum.  I fear the black background is a bit inappropriate to the specific forum topic.  Would it offend you if I asked how I may turn the background to a deep dark blue?  I don't want to give this theme up.  If I must, I might try it as is and try to read the reaction.

I commend you for an incredible theme that stands apart from other designs.

Thanks for the invested effort.

SMF 1.1 RC1
All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

clickbouyow

All you have to do is change the background color in the styles.css file.  Some of the graphics will need to be made transparent, though.

bloc

Thats correct..the graphics needs to be made transparent or re-colored. I made it like this to create the smooth gradients.

hawkman

Bloc,

I know nothing of html so making the graphics transparent is over my head for now.  I may try to brighten it up as I learn a bit.  If I do I am sure it won't look as good as it does now.  I love the actual functionality I wish I could find something even near this slick and functional that was a bit more cheery.  For now I need very  basic answers to two questions:

How do I make a button image to match you buttons.  I want to make 2 buttons to link to other sites.

Also, in the HTML box that places text above the header box, how do I make that text or even and actual link clickable to take me to a site?

Thanks for enduring a newbie that dare mention changing something on an awsome theme.
All that is necessary for evil to prosper is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

coldthunder

Quote from: Bloc on September 22, 2005, 01:42:51 PM
If you upgraded from 1.0.5 to 1.1RC1 then its bound to have problems. But from 1.1beta3, which Helios_multi11 is meant for, may work better.

I haven't got around to updating yet though - for the RC1 version.

I did a fresh install of 1.1 added the helios multi 1.1 beta3 and it still has problems . I have attemped to do it manually per the thread that talks about updated the files, some of the stuff it says to search for is not ther ein that theme . The error i get is on this theme and on the techhead theme

error is
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

whjen i switch back to default theme i dont get that error only on the helios and techead theme and that is after a brand new clean install of smf 1.1 rc so it is definately somthing with the theme, when are your plans to update these?

thanks

Fallen God

First i just want to say that i absolutely love your theme!

I have been useing it for a while now on my web sites forums, however lately i have been trying to add a new forum to it and i keep getting this error in the administration panel

An Error Has Occurred!
2: opendir(/home/fallenc/public_html/forums/Themes/classic/images/cat): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
File: /home/fallenc/public_html/forums/Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php (eval?)
Line: 339 

Any help would be appreciated, i'm fairly new to this and am lost as to a solution.

beemer

Quote from: hawkman on September 25, 2005, 03:36:50 PM

How do I make a button image to match you buttons.  I want to make 2 buttons to link to other sites.

Thanks for enduring a newbie that dare mention changing something on an awsome theme.

Use Bloc's button generator  ;)
http://www.tinyportal.net/button-generator/helios.php
http://www.bmw7resource.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC1
MKP 1.1 RC1
Helios Multi RC1
-------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thefishsheadnhorsesarse.co.uk
SMF 1.1 RC2
TinyPortal 0.8.6

hawkman

Thanks beemer

Pretty neat I would say.   Your answer and Bloc's design solved the button problem with style.

Does anyone have a example of what I can do with the "Topbar : (use your own HTML code)"   ?

I entered a simple url that gets displayed but I don't know how to make it clickable.

Advertisement: