News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Portal Management PortaMx v1.54 ecl for SMF 2 (updated)

Started by feline, October 07, 2008, 07:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SgtMic

The problem appears to be with the file permissions. Even allowing SMF to change the files, it still fails to do it with this mod.
Installing SMF and other mods, it works just fine.
There is nothing more deadly than a US Marine and his rifle.
A close second is a US Marine and his K-BAR.
2/5 Fox Co.  (BlackHearts)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

feline

Quote from: SgtMic on December 06, 2008, 11:51:15 AM
I've tried about 6 times so far to install portamx on fresh beta4 installs. Haven't had one install correctly yet.

I tried the package parser and this is the results. Any ideas?

Here is one of the 506 errors in the error log.

copy(/home/xxxxx/public_html/sgtmic.com/pmaxtest/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages/spellerpages/blank.html) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: Not a directory

File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/sgtmic.com/pmaxtest/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1604

I think, that is a permission problem with you server.
You have to check, if your webserver can create directorys and modify files.

Fel

SgtMic

Quote from: feline on December 06, 2008, 02:40:15 PM
Quote from: SgtMic on December 06, 2008, 11:51:15 AM
I've tried about 6 times so far to install portamx on fresh beta4 installs. Haven't had one install correctly yet.

I tried the package parser and this is the results. Any ideas?

Here is one of the 506 errors in the error log.

copy(/home/xxxxx/public_html/sgtmic.com/pmaxtest/fckeditor/editor/dialog/fck_spellerpages/spellerpages/blank.html) [<a href='function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to open stream: Not a directory

File: /home/xxxxx/public_html/sgtmic.com/pmaxtest/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1604

I think, that is a permission problem with you server.
You have to check, if your webserver can create directorys and modify files.

Fel

With the settings on my server, I need to allow SMF to change the permissions. I've done this when installing SMF as well as other mods.
For some reason, Portamx will not modify the files even if I allow it.

Does that make any sense? :)
FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Antechinus

You can set the folder permissions manually to get around this and I'm currently testing some scripts for Fel that should sort it. There's a whole topic about this over at the PortaMx site.

feline

Quote from: antechinus on December 06, 2008, 05:24:39 PM
You can set the folder permissions manually to get around this and I'm currently testing some scripts for Fel that should sort it. There's a whole topic about this over at the PortaMx site.
Note this topic: http://portamx.com/index.php?topic=281.0

Fel

SgtMic

FAST Co. 5th Plt. (FIDO)

Mr_Lon

I'm looking at the "Portal Management Extension PortaMx for SMF 2.0 Beta 4" I'm using SMF 2.0 Beta 4 and My daughter uses another Portal but this one sounds good for my site.
I have three questions:
1 = I see that it has an installer but I do have some Mods loaded now, does it eliminate them?
2 = I have changed the Theme style sheet a lot with the colors, Will it affect that?
3 = Can I install PortaMx and not have it seen with my forums until I have it loaded and ready then turn it on?

I just don't want to change the style and look that I have and with the forums being used a lot I don't want to affect it until it's fully ready.

Lon

Antechinus

1/ It may conflict with some mods. Impossible to know in advance, but the pre-installation test will bring up any conflicts.

2/ No.

3/ Admin settings. Set the usergroup visibility to admin only. Frankly I advise you to set up a duplicate test forum and try the installation on that. Much better idea.

Rostam

I wish I would have seen this mod earlier, before I downgraded to 1.1.7. The reason why I missed it is because this mod is posted under 1.1.7 mod category.
Could one of the moderators please remove this from 1.1.7 and add it to the SMF 2.0 Beta4 modification section? Thanks in advance.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1419

Kindred

???   it is not listed under 1.1.7, it only lists 2.0b4 and the last time the entry was modified was nack in november.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

feline

PortaMx was NEVER lists under 1.1.x version of SMF .. it works ONLY with SMF 2.0 !

Fel

RoarinRow

Unfortunately it didn't work for me on my SMF 2.0 test forum.  After the install and passing all the tests, the forum page just turned blank/white.  The page would not load.

I FTP'd to the site to see the impacted files and noticed that some files were zero in size.  I did a restore of my backup files to get access back to the site.

Thought I'd give it a try since I'm using TinyPortal for my production site running SMF 1.1.7.  Thanks for the effort feline!

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

Antechinus

That will be a server configuration problem. You can get around it by chmodding your folders manually before installation.
If you do this installation should proceed without problems. I have to do this with my server but it works.

http://portamx.com/index.php?topic=281.0

Garou

Actually the problem I'm running too is that when it tries to install half the folders install as empty files and not folders at all.

I can only get it to work by installing everything by hand. I think the package install may be fubared.

Antechinus

This is due to server config. Have tried the method I linked to just above?

Resourcez

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the linked solution will work for the problem described by Garou.

It seems to arise because of some changes in the SMF2 Package Manager and affects servers under apache 2 with  mod_suexec - sites on the same server under SMF1 don't experience this issue with similarly constructed mods.
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
Bugs HereSupport HereDonationsProPackage Parser
TP 1.1 • SMF 1.1.21/2.0.9 • MySQL 5.6.23 PHP 5.4.42 Apache 2.4.12
(PMs not responded to - I provide a support site)

Antechinus

Well I was getting the same problems as Garou (and more) before Codebirth nutted out the linked method. Using that method I get flawless installations with no error messages. Go figure.

Resourcez

It's not PortaMx, it's SMF2 - other mods that transfer directories via Package Manager also fail similarly - there is some problem with the way that functions like mktree() are operating, possibly due to attempts to allow for php suexec.  As mentioned earlier, no such issues with ANY decent mod installed on SMF1.

Even when it installs, with all files/directories set 0777, there is a fatal error because the relevant PortaMx subdirectories don't get transferred i.e. any sub-directory (and its files) below the board directory level.

The only solution I have found to install PortaMx under these conditions is:

• set all permissions to 0777 via Package Manager
  • install PortaMx through Package Manager so you don't have to do all the pita manual changes
  • first delete the directories screwed up by the Package Manager
  • then use an ftp client to upload the directories provided by PortaMx
  • then restore permissions to your preference
A thorough pita but then it works - the major reason I will not personally upgrade sites to SMF2.

The mod is nice, and very familiar for those previously used to TinyPortal, but life under SMF2 is a real ****** :(

Antechinus

Well given that I'm assuming starting with everything clean, I've found that Codebirth's method of pre-setting permissions will then allow installation straight through the package manager and with perfect results.

It is a server config thing because on a local host where I'm root user there is no pre-setting needed. It just installs like any basic package. This is what I've found anyway.

Resourcez

In SMF2 the Package manager can do the permissions changes for you.

Advertisement: