News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldShaterhan

When will be able newer version SMFPacks Shoutbox, compatibility with SMF 2.0 RC4 and SMF 1.1.11?
If will be error in this text, I'm sorry(I'm from Poland and I don't know very good English)

Nibogo

Quote from: OldShaterhan on November 03, 2010, 02:20:31 PM
When will be able newer version SMFPacks Shoutbox, compatibility with SMF 2.0 RC4 and SMF 1.1.11?
If will be error in this text, I'm sorry(I'm from Poland and I don't know very good English)

I guess you can read:

Quote from: Nibogo on October 31, 2010, 12:08:57 AM
DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT FOR THIS MOD HAVE CEASED!

I just don't have time to do it, I tried to keep this project alive when I took it from my friend, but it's pretty obvious I just don't have time for it.

Neo_TE

Quote from: Nibogo on October 31, 2010, 12:08:57 AM
DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT FOR THIS MOD HAVE CEASED!

I just don't have time to do it, I tried to keep this project alive when I took it from my friend, but it's pretty obvious I just don't have time for it.
dont do this for us.  :'(

sharks

Well, hopefully someone will step up and take over this mod and continue its development. I have an older version of this shoutbox before Nibogo took it over and changed a few things. If anyone would like to have it (it appears to be working better than the current version), let me know and i'll upload it.

!RFAN

if that one is compatible with SMF 2 RC3 then i want it

Neo_TE

Quote from: sharks on November 05, 2010, 07:28:09 PM
Well, hopefully someone will step up and take over this mod and continue its development. I have an older version of this shoutbox before Nibogo took it over and changed a few things. If anyone would like to have it (it appears to be working better than the current version), let me know and i'll upload it.
Please upload it. Ill be glad to test it if it supports smf 2.0 rc4. :)

sharks

Here is the version of this shoutbox mod (previously known as, Hack's Park Shoutbox) that i'm using, before Nibogo took the mod over.

There are only a few minor bugs in this version that i have noticed (and hopefully someone will be able to fix those and hence make it the perfect shoutbox mod for SMF 1.1.x):

When clicking on the "moderation panel" link within the shoutbox, to edit the shoutbox messages. To try this, you will obviously need admin or correct permissions on your forum to edit shoutbox messages. The problem is that sometimes editing works and other times, when you click on the [Edit] link, nothing happens. This is what needs fixing. And also, editing shoutbox messages doesn't work for all the messages displayed in the popup window. It mostly works for the first and second messages. Clicking on the edit link for the 3rd or 4th message usually doesn't do anything. Hopefully, that will be fixed as well.

If you need a version of this mod compatible with RC3, then you will need to download the current version, updated by Nibogo. The shoutbox version that i have attached to this reply is not compatible with RC3. It is only for SMF 1.1.x

Neo_TE

Quote from: sharks on November 07, 2010, 12:37:03 PM
Here is the version of this shoutbox mod (previously known as, Hack's Park Shoutbox) that i'm using, before Nibogo took the mod over.

There are only a few minor bugs in this version that i have noticed (and hopefully someone will be able to fix those and hence make it the perfect shoutbox mod for SMF 1.1.x):

When clicking on the "moderation panel" link within the shoutbox, to edit the shoutbox messages. To try this, you will obviously need admin or correct permissions on your forum to edit shoutbox messages. The problem is that sometimes editing works and other times, when you click on the [Edit] link, nothing happens. This is what needs fixing. And also, editing shoutbox messages doesn't work for all the messages displayed in the popup window. It mostly works for the first and second messages. Clicking on the edit link for the 3rd or 4th message usually doesn't do anything. Hopefully, that will be fixed as well.

If you need a version of this mod compatible with RC3, then you will need to download the current version, updated by Nibogo. The shoutbox version that i have attached to this reply is not compatible with RC3. It is only for SMF 1.1.x
sorry dude. cant try it since I use smf 2.0 rc4. :(

sharks

Quote from: Neo_TE on November 07, 2010, 12:51:54 PM
sorry dude. cant try it since I use smf 2.0 rc4. :(

Try to modify the RC3 version on this page: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1295
It should work with RC4. Maybe try to edit the version in the package manager xml file?

Neo_TE

Quote from: sharks on November 07, 2010, 12:55:01 PM
Try to modify the RC3 version on this page: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1295
It should work with RC4. Maybe try to edit the version in the package manager xml file?
i already did the edit in the info.xml file and the shout is working properly in smf 2.0 rc4 also.

but the problem is it does not have any more support and hence security related bugs will not be patched. :(

sharks

Quote from: Neo_TE on November 07, 2010, 03:02:05 PM
but the problem is it does not have any more support and hence security related bugs will not be patched. :(

Exactly. Hence why we are now stuck with that, until someone smart decides to pick up this mod to continue its development.

!RFAN

so SMF does not have any good shoutbox/chatbox ???

CKWT

How can I make this Shoutbox show it self on ALL the entire Forum,
boardindex and collapse are in the options but dont know how to call it for it to show everywhere..
www.catrachosgaming.com
Charlton White
CG Administrador

Ozzie

Try these they all work for me i'm using rc3 but should work anyhow give em a try u got nowt to loose...... if they dont put origanals back

boardindex
messageindex
unreadtopics
display
memberlist
collapsecategory
gallerymain
groups
showhelp
messagemain
who
arcade

2000+ games available to download

Kindred

or just put it in index.template.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

CKWT

Ok; I'll try btw I am using 1.1.12
www.catrachosgaming.com
Charlton White
CG Administrador

OnlineFunCorner

CKWT

Quote from: OZZIE on November 09, 2010, 07:38:43 PM
Try these they all work for me i'm using rc3 but should work anyhow give em a try u got nowt to loose...... if they dont put origanals back

boardindex
messageindex
unreadtopics
display
memberlist
collapsecategory
gallerymain
groups
showhelp
messagemain
who
arcade

It worked, Thanks

Any ideas of how to make it show up in the simple portal, portal page.
www.catrachosgaming.com
Charlton White
CG Administrador

SavvyQc

package manager xml file??

where is that?

OnlineFunCorner

Oh My God
I Am Just Wasting My Time
Nobody There There To Help
Good Luck
Enjoy Guys