News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMFPacks.com Shoutbox

Started by Nibogo, October 19, 2008, 11:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

br360

You would uninstall the free one first and then install the paid one

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

@rjen

I realize there is limited support for the free version of this MOD, but I'll try anyway.

After upgrading to 2.0.14 I updated my server to PHP version 7.0
Today I noticed that the shoutbox does not allow the use of different fonts and colours anymore.

When the server is on PHP 7 selecting a different colour or font results in the text no longer being stored in the shoutbox. Standard settings work fine, also bold, underlined, italics and smileys. Restoring the shoutbox to standard is only possible by deleting the cookies for the site.

Setting the server back to PHP version 5.6 solves the problem, switching it to 7.0 and problem is back.

Is seems there is some code in the shoutpox that does not work well wit PHP version 7.0. I have no errors in the log tthough and also no errors in the server logs...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

Just solved it. For reference: the deprecated ereg statement is the problem

Shoutbox.php

Find:

// face
$_POST['face'] = !empty($_POST['face']) && @ereg("^[a-zA-Z0-9 ]{3,30}$", $_POST['face']) ? $_POST['face'] : null;
if (isset($_POST['face']) && !isset($disabled['face']))
$style .= 'font-family:' . $_POST['face'] . ';';

// color & bgcolor
$_POST['color'] = isset($_POST['color']) && @ereg("^(#[a-zA-Z0-9]{3}|#[a-zA-Z0-9]{6}|[a-zA-Z]{3,9})$", $_POST['color']) ? (string) $_POST['color'] : null;
$_POST['bgcolor'] = isset($_POST['bgcolor']) &&  @ereg("^(#[a-zA-Z0-9]{3}|#[a-zA-Z0-9]{6}|[a-zA-Z]{3,9})$", $_POST['bgcolor']) ? (string) $_POST['bgcolor'] : null;

Replace:

// face
$_POST['face'] = !empty($_POST['face']) && @preg_match('/^[a-zA-Z0-9 ]{3,30}$/', $_POST['face']) ? $_POST['face'] : null;
if (isset($_POST['face']) && !isset($disabled['face']))
$style .= 'font-family:' . $_POST['face'] . ';';

// color & bgcolor
$_POST['color'] = isset($_POST['color']) && @preg_match('/^(#[a-zA-Z0-9]{3}|#[a-zA-Z0-9]{6}|[a-zA-Z]{3,9})$/', $_POST['color']) ? (string) $_POST['color'] : null;
$_POST['bgcolor'] = isset($_POST['bgcolor']) &&  @preg_match('^(#[a-zA-Z0-9]{3}|#[a-zA-Z0-9]{6}|[a-zA-Z]{3,9})$/', $_POST['bgcolor']) ? (string) $_POST['bgcolor'] : null;

Nibogo

SMFPacks Shoutbox Lite 1.1 released!

Changelog:

1.1 - 27 May 2017
* Much easier installation.
- Support for SMF 1.1.X
+ Support for PHP 7.X
* New sound method for better compatibility.
! Minor tidy up!
+ "everywhere" as a new string to show the shoutbox on the entire forum!

@rjen

@rjen

Installed the new version. Works ok.

I just noticed that the uninstall did not remove the langauge striings from file: Modifications.english-utf8.php so I did that manually.

FYI, find attached the language files translated to Dutch...

MULITRI

Thanks a lot, i will test it, actualy the previous version has a couple small bugs not important.

I have attached traslation to spanish.

Steve

Is this an uninstall the old/install the new or just install over the previous one?

@rjen

I would-be uninstall previous version first. Some of the files  are in a new location.

By the way you lose the old shouts.

Nibogo

Quote from: Steve on May 28, 2017, 03:37:10 PM
Is this an uninstall the old/install the new or just install over the previous one?

Uninstall old and install new

Quote from: @rjen on May 28, 2017, 03:45:15 PM
I would-be uninstall previous version first. Some of the files  are in a new location.

By the way you lose the old shouts.

That's correct, but since 1.1 when uninstalling that isn't happening.

Quote from: MULITRI on May 28, 2017, 12:28:13 PM
Thanks a lot, i will test it, actualy the previous version has a couple small bugs not important.

I have attached traslation to spanish.

You are welcome! It's good to see someone took the time to appreciate the work done!

pikeman

Language files translated to Serbian.

Steve

I seem to be getting a lot of these errors:

********/index.php?action=shoutbox;sa=send;sesc;xml;row=12
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8192: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/steve/public_html/forums/Sources/Shoutbox.php
Line: 316

YogiBear

Similar prob here after typing long line of text which shows blank when posted...

SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Steve

Any idea on these errors Nibogo?

Also, how do I put the shoutbox between the news fader and the categories? I had a fix for that on the last version but it doesn't work for this one.

Steve

You can ignore my questions because as you know I bought the Pro version and got your help there. Well worth it in my opinion. :D

YogiBear

If you could look into this I'd be grateful, Nibogo.
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

Nibogo

Quote from: pikeman on May 29, 2017, 10:42:13 AM
Language files translated to Serbian.

Thanks pal

Quote from: Steve on June 04, 2017, 05:56:10 PM
You can ignore my questions because as you know I bought the Pro version and got your help there. Well worth it in my opinion. :D

I am really glad you like it the pro version so much :)

Quote from: YogiBear on June 07, 2017, 08:47:33 AM
If you could look into this I'd be grateful, Nibogo.

Unfortunately I am quite busy with RL and my personal projects, so I can't fix it at the moment.

rawbert

I just freshly installed latest version of the shoutbox on my 2.0.14, default theme, box shows and works fine for admin, but regular users and moderators can't see it at all.
What can I do to fix it?
TIA

rawbert

Quote from: rawbert on June 15, 2017, 02:55:23 AM
I just freshly installed latest version of the shoutbox on my 2.0.14, default theme, box shows and works fine for admin, but regular users and moderators can't see it at all.
What can I do to fix it?
TIA

OK, I got it to work now.. just had to put checkmark under group permissions.
It works great, I love it so far, probably going to buy the pro version.

Advertisement: